It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Veteran Executive Calls For Special Counsel Investigation, Prosecutions in Sibel Edmonds Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Details panic inside the Bureau, executive effort to 'keep this whole thing quiet' when matter first came to light in 2002

Further confirms FBI translator/whistleblower's allegations, credibility...

An 18-year Counterintelligence and Counterterrorism Manager for the FBI has called for a Special Counsel to be appointed to investigate the allegations of FBI translator-turned-whistleblower Sibel Edmonds. John M. Cole, who now works as an intelligence contractor for the Air Force, made his comments during an audio interview released late last week with radio journalist Peter B. Collins.

He also offered a detailed insider's look at the concerns among high-level officials inside the Bureau as Edmonds' disturbing allegations began coming to light back in 2002, before they would be quashed for seven long years by the Bush Administration's unprecedented use of the so-called "State Secrets Privilege" to gag her.

www.bradblog.com...

That's it Sibel! You go girl!

About time someone has come out to seek special prosecution of these scumbags!

Sibel must be using her contacts now to get this done, ever since her recent sworn testimony, which was discussed here at ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

She knows Cole:

COLE: I've known Sibel now for, ya know, for a few years. And everything she says, she's a hundred percent right on the money, on the mark. I've never --- there's not one thing I've seen Sibel be off the mark on. I mean, she's 100%. She's very credible. I give her a hundred percent credit on everything she says.

Some of the things I'm not aware of, ya know, that she claims. But, here again, you know we had the Department of Justice's Inspector General review all this stuff too, and in their report they came out and said that there was a lot of merit to what she was saying and they ordered the Bureau to investigate her allegations. And, of course, they've never done it. It's been how many years since they told them to do that, and nothing's been done.

So, yeah, I've a lot of respect for Sibel Edmonds. I trust her. I don't think she'd say anything that wasn't true.

Cole says the Justice Department ORDERED an investigation into this long ago, but "that nothing has ever been done."

Cole further confirms key allegations about Turkish espionage and high-ranking officials in this article- a very good and informative read for those following the Sibel Edmonds case!

He also makes the critical point:

The third thing is, I don't believe any agency should have their own control over their security programs, for security clearance. It's just crazy that they have an inspection division within the FBI that goes out and inspects the FBI. Because everyone in that inspection division is trying to get promoted. And they know if they go out and find something negative about an SAC or an ASAC [Assistant Special Agent in Charge] or a high-level official in the FBI, they're not going to report it, because it's going to ruin their career. So you need to have a separate entity coming in and looking at that. The Dept. of Justice would be good, if they would do their job. But there needs to be some changes, and some major changes.

And from another link here Sibel Edmonds responds to Cole's comments!

www.askbutwhy.com...

As the corporate media continues to ignore the important information about illegal Turkish influence on our government, Edmonds details the sequence of events that led to the unprecedented gag orders issued to her and enforced by Judge Reggie Walton, and the incredible retroactive gag order on Congress, which also classified her date of birth! She reveals that Rep. Henry Waxman backed off his promise to permit Edmonds to testify under oath, informing his staff just after he met with Speaker Pelosi in March, 2007. She reacts to the comments of retired FBI manager John Cole (from Podcast #45) confirming that top FBI management knew Edmonds was telling the truth as they moved to gag her.

Visit that link for a direct podcast link!

Also, just breaking news:

123 Real Change has a podcast interview on October 16th with Cole:

123realchange.blogspot.com...

John M. Cole discusses his 18 year journey at the FBI as a Counterintelligence and Counterespionage Operations Manager. He talks about Turkish and Israeli espionage operations in the US, the infiltration of the Bureau by a Pakistani spy, abuses of FISA applications, the TRILOGY software fiasco, and more.

Here is our guest John Cole unplugged!

Visit link for the direct podcast link!

I could have provided the direct links to these podcasts here, yes, but is that really fair to the people digging up these stories? Go visit their pages!

But all in all, Cole's comments and call for a special prosecutor are not enough. We need action on this, and we need it now. So much for Obama's campaign pledge to protect whistleblowers.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Great news! Thanks for posting and keeping up on it

Cole further describes how the concerns about Edmonds ultimately led to the Bush Administration's two-time use of the Draconian "State Secrets Privilege" in hopes of keeping her extraordinary information from becoming public. "Everybody at headquarters level at the bureau knew that what she was saying was extremely accurate."

[edit on 17-10-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Move your last sentence to your first sentence and you've got yourself a winner.

This quote kind of gets me though.
"She reveals that Rep. Henry Waxman backed off his promise to permit Edmonds to testify under oath, informing his staff just after he met with Speaker Pelosi in March, 2007."

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
AG Holder sholud be looking into this but we all know that this Administration that came into office with the promise of change have no interest in rocking the boat just like the idea of having an special counsel investigate the torture program under Bush if we do see an investigation it will be tepid at best it will clear anyone in the FBI's and DOJ's upper management.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

Yes, the unprecedented use of the state secret privilege to gag her really goes to show how the corrupt will protect themselves at all costs when it comes right down to it. Because this wasn't about her revealing FBI methods of operation. She knew she couldn't do that, and proved that beautifully in her sworn testimony.

This was about protecting the corrupt in the cabal.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Nothing more to add here other than to bump this one last time for posterity, for those that haven't seen this. And then it's bye bye thread. Unless anyone else has anything to add, that is.

top topics

join