It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran attack? Can most Americans find Iran on the map?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Could they find their own county on a globe? Could they find the globe itself?

What's the point? That's how Washington looks at the "little people". And that includes people at his site.

Anyhow, take care.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Iran, is located underneath mexico, but above honduras and canada right?

lol, between afghanistan and iraq.

I'm sure it's an easy question on here

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
You mean Iran is a country ? I thought he was saying that he ran some where but missed the space button o.O Iran home , no ?

LOL good question makes me want to grab my camcorder and interview people passing buy and see how they do with regards to the question . I am willing to bet that most of the general public wouldn't be able to .

However here in ATS land I would say that 98% of us could most likely find Iran on a map with little difficulty at all .

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Country test

US States test

[edit on 17-10-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Ok now thats pretty cool !
Nice link

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
You mean Iran is a country ? I thought he was saying that he ran some where but missed the space button o.O Iran home , no ?

LOL good question makes me want to grab my camcorder and interview people passing buy and see how they do with regards to the question . I am willing to bet that most of the general public wouldn't be able to .

However here in ATS land I would say that 98% of us could most likely find Iran on a map with little difficulty at all .

You're wrong! In a recent tirade I called the Caspian Sea the Black Sea. I looked stupid.

That whole area is a big unknown.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Iran is smack dab in the middle of the East v West theater. Quite literally and metaphorically.

On the west is Turkey, Iraq and the persian gulf. Across the Persian gulf, to the SW, is Saudi, UAE. To it's east is Pakistan, Afghanistan, Turkmenistan. To it's north is the Caspian, Azerjaiban, Armenia. To the north of them is Georgia. Russia lies across the Caspian to Iran.

Russia ships unrefined oil, arms and technology through the Caspian to Iran. Iran ships back refined oil. Iran plans to build another large refinery within the next 5 years for this purpose.

America was working with Turkmenistan to build a pipeline under the Caspian through azerbaijan, Armenia, and into Turkey. Thus, to America and to Europe.

Cheney also wanted his pipeline through Afghanistan. Which would link up to the Arabian, thus to US.

The caspian is also estimated to be worth $4 trillion in natural resources.

But Caspian oil, landlocked between Russia, Iran and former Soviet republics, presents formidable transport challenges. Afghanistan is strategically located near the Caspian Sea. In 1994, the U.S. State Department and Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence agency sought to install a stable regime in Afghanistan to enhance the prospects for Western oil pipelines. They financed, armed and trained the Taliban in its civil war against the Northern Alliance.

But Afghanistan is not nearly close enough. Iran is the hotseat- well, Georgia failed, anyway. Five bucks we drop Afghanistan if Iran is and goes as planned. Well, maybe not. We'd be locked in pretty tight if we got that squared off and bought out Turkmenistan. Oh wait, we coudn't let those poppies go to waste.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Non sequitur. Your question is similar to asking: Treatment for diabetes? Could most Americans find the Islets of Langerhans anywhere? The one has nothing to do with the other.

You're not finding Iran on a globe. You're finding only a graphical representation of a country, on a replica of the earth. Whether you can identify the particular patch of colored area that is labeled "Iran" has nothing to do with whether we need to attack the country. No one knew where Afghanistan was, before we attacked it. Or Iraq, probably, except we had some help because we had already attacked it recently.

Deciding whether to prosecute a war has nothing to do with knowing geography. Wars decide geography; not the other way around.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

No doofus! It's East of Iwalk and West of Isprint. I swear, if it weren't for the bolts in peoples necks we'd all walk around like chickens with our heads cut off.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
What a pathetic attempt at anti-American trolling. I would say Americans have as much of a chance of locating Iran as any other citizen of other Western countries would.

new topics

top topics

join