It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Sphinx is more than 12,000 years old.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

It's worth reading "Keeper of Genesis" to get a better understanding of the possible timeframe it was carved in and the possible why's for it's carving.

I was initially going to respond to the OP that this was old news and would have also recommended Keeper of Genesis.

Graham Hancock, John Anthony West Robert Bauval, Robert Schock etc have written a great deal on this matter provoking much discussion amongst Egyptologists.

This topic was once again the subject of yet another TV show here in the UK the other night, I would highly encourage those that have any interest in the subject to read as TV does in no way explain the full picture.

I do wish we could see the back of Dr Hawass though, the guy strikes me as an arrogant megalomaniac who is stifling attempts to investigate a history that belongs to mankind not to him.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
You know its funny it seems that people who say this or anything contradictory to Dr Zawi Hawass (or whoever pulls his puppet strings) get banned from research on the platue. . . .

Heres a few links im borrowing from a post by TheWayISeeIt
concerning these bannings and there reasons which are are quite rediculous

Joann Fletcher

www.think-aboutit.com...

Dietrich Wildung, an eminent scholar who runs the Egyptian Museum in Berlin

www.riddleofthesphinx.com...

John Anthony West

guardians.net...

Graham Hancock and Robert Bauval

newagetravel.com...

Also respected Geologist and geo-physicist Robert Schoch dated the Sphinx at 5000-7000 B.C and im pretty sure he was banned for that but i cant find the link anymore.

heres a good site

The Modern Riddle of the Sphinx

www.dreamscape.com...

Hawass needs the boot aswell as whoever manipulates him. That is the only way we'll ever know anything about egypt

[edit on 17-10-2009 by constantwonder]

Dr Zawi Hawass get's his paychecks from the Egyptian government. The Egyptian government get almost their entire GDP (funds) from world tourists. Therefore it is a self interested and self perpetuating circle jerk. Whose livelihood depends on a myth that they must maintain for their very own survival. Egypt does not enjoy the oil cash cow reserves that their neighbors to the east of them take for granted.

It is unfortunate for humanity that this is how things have been guided to become of as anyone with a modicum of common sense can see that water erosion caused the deterioration of the Sphinx, which leads us right back to the last Ice Age and the very astrological house (Leo) that the Sphinx would have been oriented to 12,000 years ago. Mr. Hancock pointed this out easily enough. He also backed it up with a exhaustive amount of logical research which also showed an exact astrological line up with the belt of Orion directly over the Great Pyramid trio at that time giving added redundancy to the original builder's time frame of reference that they left set in stone.

This current economic stance of Egypt plays right into the hands of those who wish to keep the masses ignorant of their past and present potential. Such is the fate of humanity up to this point. Sad and disgusting when you think about it.

Also, another tell-tale signature of deception can be quickly observed whenever Dr. Hawass speaks on the subject. One need only watch his demeaner switch from a happy informed old chap to a very defensive and emotional tirade as soon as the topic is raised. In many cases one doesn't even have to mention weather erosion as he will volunteer his objection to it just so that he can try and give it some official air of condemnation. It is a mantra that he repeats at virtually every televised documentary that he's filmed in these days.

I've had debates with actual archeologists on this subject before and it always hits a very sensitive nerve with them too. They usually become emotionally unhinged when this topic comes up for discussion further proving my theory that old programming patterns die hard once they've been repetitiously pounded in for long enough. Never mind that there's very little evidence to support the modern academic lie that they find themselves riding to the bottom of the sea with. I suppose that peer pressure plays a very large part in it too.

In the end there is no physical evidence to back up their claims other than idle speculation. But the obvious water erosion just keeps sticking out like a black eye. "Nevermind the thousand pound guerilla standing in the middle of the living room", they say.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by 3DPrisoner]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Sounds good to me. The conventional wisdom regarding the Sphinx's age always seemed a little ridiculous. Whatever happens, do not expect the Egyptian government to divulge or release anything contradicting tradition. Alternate research is most likely where it's all at these days.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by nethawk]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Forensic artist Frank Domingo, formerly of the NYPD, studied the facial characteristics of the Sphinx at the behest of John Anthony West.

Domingo's conclusion was that the statue's profile, especially in the jaw area, was definitively not that of Chephren, but of an African individual. In a video that I remember watching a few years ago, he went further and indicated that the original carving was meant to depict an African woman.

There seems to be little doubt that the head has been recarved, perhaps more than once. West has theorized that the original shaping may have taken place up to 36,000 years ago.

It is obvious that that the true history of mankind is deliberately being obscured. Too many anomalous objects, which couldn't possibly have been constructed by low-tech cave dwellers, have turned up and I'm sure that many more are begging to be discovered.

Should the oceans ever recede, or more advanced methods of deep water surveillance become more widely available, an examination of the structures near the shores of the various continents at depths of 200 - 400 ft would undoubtedly reveal very ancient cities that would force a wholesale reconsideration of the origins of so-called "civilization".

It is my personal belief that more advanced cultures have existed in the distant past, but were obliterated by natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes, etc. Bits and pieces of these cultures are constantly being found, but evidence that doesn't fit in to the orthodox theories are quickly discounted.

Even when irrefutable evidence of advanced technology is acknowledged, credit is usually given to "aliens" or some influence external to this planet.

Its a shame, but the true history of civilized societies in the past will probably never be widely known.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by shepseskaf]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

sorry charlie, the area was bone dry by then, take a look at the water errosion. and that would push your date back another age or two back.
each age is 2,150 years.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
"Even when irrefutable evidence of advanced technology is acknowledged, credit is usually given to "aliens" or some influence external to this planet.

Its a shame, but the true history of civilized societies in the past will probably never be widely known."

I don't know there mate. Seems to me that the mere fact that we have advanced technology now is pretty rock solid proof that we are being "pushed" or "guided" - perhaps covertly and without the masses being aware of such - by offworld intelligences. Otherwise, other species of animals and such would have made the same quantum leap in evolution as we have - and they have not, obviously.

I also think that this might apply to our past. In other words...if we were truly prehistoric and then BANG we started developing these huge stone marvels and other wonders, then that's pretty indicative that peoples of the day were being guided or influenced as well.

And we surely can't discount all those stories and legends of people from the stars descending upon ancient man and teaching them either.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

HAWASS TO RETIRE

Hawass will be gone soon, he has to retire I think within the next 12 months, and that is the Law of the land, I saw a TV interview with him several weeks ago, where he said Unfortunately I have to retire at the end of this year, I have reached the age of retirement, which I have to abide to because the Law tells me too.

So he is going and real soon, as to who is going to replace him, I have no clue.

Hawass even has an Internet fan club and was one of two Egyptians on Time Magazine's list of 100 most influential people in the world this year, alongside Al-Qaeda number two Ayman Al-Zawahiri. The 59-year-old is in theory due to retire next year when he turns 60, but his entourage has not ruled out an extension to his mandate. AFP

Source

He is trying to push his retirement back, but from what I have seen and understood, there are no exceptions, it is Egyptian law, he has to retire.

I believe in some parts he has done a great job, but the bad points are, he is a megalomaniac, who wanted all the glory and all the discoveries, IMO this has led to a huge lag in further discoveries regarding new information, he likes to suppress information.

He is now trying to loan the Rosetta stone from the British Museum, a loan I am worried will turn into a permanent one.

I also believe he has deliberately attempted to prevent any further research on the Sphinx, because he knows something is waiting to be discovered, I have been waiting for the rabbit out of the hat scenario to be honest, a discovery he will reveal in a last ditch attempt to keep his job, we shall see.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

OHHH really credible sources. I'll just believe every word they say.

Oh, really? Got anything better than these sources that I have quoted?

Anything better Earth-shaking, literally?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
So it is very clear that the mainstream Egyptian "scholars" currently vociferously and vigorously deny anything that would suggest that their artifacts -- both the Great Pyramid and the Great Spinx -- are vastly older than what they'd admit.

The most-oft given reason is that they are "protecting" their tourism industry. Really? I think NOT.

You know why? Think about it. If it was widely acknowledged that these fantastic structures were really built over 12,000 years ago by another advanced civilization, wouldn't you think that this fact alone would vastly increase their tourism? Vastly increase their tourism money flowing in from all over the world? Surely so.

So why on Earth do they so vigorously deny the obvious? I have a theory about this and I think that it is because they are bought off and paid off by the PTB bastards, who pay big bucks to those who are in charge of this whole mainstream Eyptologist pyramids-were-tombs bunk in order to hide the FACT that the Great Pyramid was built by another civilization using technology that we don't even have today to match and the FACT that they were built over 12,000 years ago.

So I think that it's the damn PTB who are buying off the Eygptologists, thus buying their silence on the matter of the far-older-age of the Great Pyramid and the Great Spinx.

It's a shame, really. It's the PTB who are at fault about this.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schlotzkins
Wow, very interesting. I'm going to come back to this when I have time to read those links.

But one thing comes to mind immediately.......doesn't the head of the Sphinx depict an Egyptian king? I'm sure there was no Egyptian kingdom 12,000 years ago.

You are sure are you?

Nobody can be sure of the true age of Ancient Buildings...... nobody!

I don't care if you are an expert in Archealogy.... it doesn't mean you can give an acurate date!

You can guess and say 3,000 years ago but you could be 5,000 years out.... when predicting an age of something it's best to give it an older life span than to be wrong by possibly 10,000 years as it could well be in this case.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Just a thought for those who are unaware of the Summerian Tablets of Enki and their translations.

They talk about Nabiru - or Planet X - and the advanced civilization who came here - the time line is very long.

They apparently created a whole lot of structures using high tech - I consider the pyramid and sphinx to be very likely remnants of an ancient culture that is never discussed. They may have been ET's - or it may have been us - but we destroyed our civilization long ago-

Who knows - dating these things is difficult - you cannot carbon date stone, you need something organic. So the claims about age are usually based on very little - if anyone says carbon dating it is rubbish.

What they often do is try to dig something up organic in the area - and say "Hey this must be contemporary with the building." They carbon date the organic material and use that to say that how old the building is - its not accurate in any way.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I also believe he has deliberately attempted to prevent any further research on the Sphinx, because he knows something is waiting to be discovered, I have been waiting for the rabbit out of the hat scenario to be honest, a discovery he will reveal in a last ditch attempt to keep his job, we shall see.

Well thumbs up for that good news, however given his influence I wonder if he'll just reinvent himself in another department overseeing the new guy.

You seen Scott Chritons' post on GHMB where he discusses a fence and no go area ? Worth a look dude.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nethawkI don't know there mate. Seems to me that the mere fact that we have advanced technology now is pretty rock solid proof that we are being "pushed" or "guided" - perhaps covertly and without the masses being aware of such - by offworld intelligences. Otherwise, other species of animals and such would have made the same quantum leap in evolution as we have - and they have not, obviously.

I also think that this might apply to our past. In other words...if we were truly prehistoric and then BANG we started developing these huge stone marvels and other wonders, then that's pretty indicative that peoples of the day were being guided or influenced as well.

And we surely can't discount all those stories and legends of people from the stars descending upon ancient man and teaching them either.

I'll grant you that there are many legends of off-world visitors, which certainly can't be discounted. However, I disagree with the premise that advanced technology in the past were not developed by man. Nor do I agree that the presence of such technology means that mankind was "guided" by other intelligences.

It also isn't a given that advanced civilizations like in Egypt sprang up from nowhere. It is widely assumed that mankind is now at its apex, which I disagree with. As noted in my original post, a thorough examination of the structures that existed before the rise of the ocean levels would undoubtedly reveal the prior existence of advanced cultures that through time gained enough knowledge to build incredible edifices like the pyramids. Through natural disasters, the knowledge that guided those cultures gradually receded, and now much of it is lost.

So, I'm not saying that off-world visitations haven't taken place, but am much less willing to concede that all advanced technology sprang from such influences, and that man has had a much more direct hand in developing technology in the past.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by beezwaxes

Actually, what I have heard is that the other pyramids are NEWER than the 3 pyramids we usually talk about. It is thought that these 'failed' pyramids were from the Egyptians trying to duplicate the original pyramids. There are around 2 million blocks in the great pyramid. If it was built in the 20 years the mainstream guys say, then 2,000,000 blocks / 20 years = 100,000 blocks per year / 365 days = 273 blocks per day / 24 hours = 11.4 blocks per hour, every hour, every day for 20 years. This includes hacking each block out of the solid rock, transporting each one the 350 miles or so from the quarry and placing the blocks in the proper position, not to mention the design time of the project. Not all the blocks are the same size, BY DESIGN. Each block was very possibly made to fit a particular place in the pyramid, PRIOR TO THE CONSTRUCTION PHASE!

Whats the odds of this happening in 20 years? Edgar Cayce said the great pyramid was built over a 200 year period but this would ruin the mainstream idea that the pyramids were tombs because who is gonna build a tomb for someone 200 years in the future? Also, there has never been a mummy found in a pyramid! Oh yeah, I forgot. They were stolen. Hahahahahaha

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is very interesting, and puts even more mystery into Egypt. Also man has claimed to be living on planet earth for more than 200,000 years, and we only know of 2000 years of history somewhat accurately, another 15,000 years by mere theory. What the hell happened to the rest of our 185,000 years? Humans couldn't have just sat there with primitive tools for that long. So it's completely possible for the Sphinx to be actually built 12,000 years ago, I wouldn't be surprised a bit.

In this post some people are saying that the sphinx was originally the god anubis, and some say it was actually a lions head. I say it was both. What may have happened is that in the beginning it was Anubis, and then the ears some how got destroyed, or fell off. Then they had to make it into a lion, maybe that got damaged, because it was too big so then they carved into the pharaoh.

Just theorizing what might have happened, and i could be completely wrong about this, though it does make sense.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Ominousbeing]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I have never seen painting on the walls of ancient Egypt of them building the pyramids or the great Sphinx

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schlotzkins
Wow, very interesting. I'm going to come back to this when I have time to read those links.

But one thing comes to mind immediately.......doesn't the head of the Sphinx depict an Egyptian king? I'm sure there was no Egyptian kingdom 12,000 years ago.

There has been many studies done throughout the years that does show this and several other structures are alot older than what is accepted.

your sure there was no kingdom 12k years back? your sure...*sure* that there was none...how old are you? were you there 12k years ago and seen only sand? I mean, even modern day archiologists will use terms like "believe" or "evidence suggests and shows that.."

lets rearrange your sentence to "I was taught there was no kingdom in egypt 12k or more years ago"

blah

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
ok , hopefully someone has cleared this up already, but there's lots of speculation on what the Sphinx stands for, but there's only one, true answer...

i'm going to post what i posted a long time ago on this site...

Originally posted by adrenochrome
actually, the face of the Sphinx was never a lion, it was always a woman's...

the word "sphinx" means "to join", and based on the Zodiac, the Great Sphinx symbolized the joining together of Virgo the virgin, and Leo the lion.

there, that's all

EDIT:
to elaborate, i got this from E. W. Bullinger's The Companion Bible, and it says:

Through the "precession of the Equinoxes" the sun gradually shifts its position a little each year, till in about every 2,000 years it begins the year in a different sign. This was foreseen; and it was also foreseen that succeeding generations would not know when or where the sun began its course, and where the Teaching of this Heavenly Book commenced, and where we were to open its first page. Hence the "Sphinx" was invented as a memorial. It had the head of a woman and the body and tail of a lion, to tell us that this Book, written in the Heavens, began with the sign "Virgo", and will end with the sign "Leo". the word "sphinx" is from the Greek sphingo, to join; because it binds together the two ends of this circle of the heavens.

The Companion Bible, Appendix 12 "The Stars Also", p15

well, at least they had it right when they said it was made in the time of Leo the Lion...

and yes, the Bible has everything to do with astrology...

[edit on 17-10-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

well thats good, but the govt. will just hire someone else that does what they tell him.
I think our only hope of discovering the real secrets behind the sphinx and other egyptian artifacts is Hawass himself.
Don't forget, he believed in UFOs and Aliens when he first started his career, but had to shut up since the govt. was then paying his checks... when he retires, perhaps he'll finally unleash some of that secret info.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

In the end it doesn't matter the age of the rock it self, but the erosion and other factors that are there could only be/happen after the rock was carved.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join