It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hadron Collider Now Colder Than Deep Space!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) experiment has once again become one of the coldest places in the Universe. All eight sectors of the LHC have now been cooled to their operating temperature of 1.9 kelvin (-271C; -456F) - colder than deep space.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
YAY!!

finally we've been waiting so long now. Since the accident last year I've been waiting and waiting and waiting. . .

I'm off to find out when they will again start circulating beams

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Let the rest of us know when they are going to do the first collision! I to have been waiting and waiting and waiting for this. It was a huge disappointment when the LHC broke down last year. If you have a particular website with up to date news please post it

LifENcircleS

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LifENcircleS

Looks like they could inject low-level beams in as little as a week.

December was the scheduled attempt at the first collisions, but now it's probably going to be more like January.

Keep those fingers crossed!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Broonie

Something about that thing screams pure EVIL!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I definitely have my fingers crossed! There is nothing evil about this. This experiment will help mankind better understand the world in which we live. It is an attempt to find the "GOD" particle. Whatever the results are it will be amazing.

LifENcircleS

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Now Im anxious to see if the future "US" will try to sabotage it again. LOL...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This is gonna be disastrous once it's active. I know, I've played Half-Life.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Colder than deep space? Maybe they could solve our global warming problem (j/k).

There is nothing evil about this device. It's a man-made thing, puny and insignificant among all the powers of the Universe. The various doomsday scenarios that people have feared have been unreasonable. They've either required energies far beyond what the LHC could ever produce, or a Universe so unstable that it would already have collapsed by now through natural events.

They imagine that the Universe is like this house of cards, very delicately balanced, ready to fall down at the least little breeze. They think that the LHC could provide just the breeze to take down the whole thing. *IF* the Universe was balanced on the edge like that, and *IF* the LHC had enough energy, then yes, maybe it could push it over and make it fall down. But they haven't explained how this house of cards has survived billions of years without already falling down, when it has faced energies like those of Katrina.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This is the best I can find for news and updates, seems a bit limited in supply

press.web.cern.ch...

www.lhc.ac.uk...

lhc.web.cern.ch...

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
reply to post by LifENcircleS

Looks like they could inject low-level beams in as little as a week.

December was the scheduled attempt at the first collisions, but now it's probably going to be more like January.

Keep those fingers crossed!

Doesnt a lot of sources say there will be some kind of major event in about a week in October?

Lets keep an eye on this one. Hopefully their results is impossible to hide from the public.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifENcircleS
I definitely have my fingers crossed! There is nothing evil about this. This experiment will help mankind better understand the world in which we live. It is an attempt to find the "GOD" particle. Whatever the results are it will be amazing.

LifENcircleS

And you think its a good thing for humans to learn about the god particle?

Who will drop the first god particle bomb?

new topics

top topics

join