It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, Bush Sr. Unite In Call To Service At A&M

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Obama, Bush Sr. Unite In Call To Service At A&M

cbs11tv.com

President Barack Obama, who has called on Americans to perform more community service, is joining former President George H.W. Bush in urging citizens to volunteer.

Bush on Friday was to host a forum on volunteering at Texas A&M University, to be attended by Obama, who initiated a "United We Serve" call to service in June that culminated in a national day of service on the eighth anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well, I'm posting this for a couple of reasons. First, this will take place at my alma mater. Second, because I have seen so many threads bashing Obama for calling on Americans to volunteer for community service. New we have a bipartisan effort to call on Americans to volunteer. Of course, I'm quite certain that this will not quell the anti-obamas out there, BUT it does show that this is not a liberal agenda being pushed down conservative throats.

Just my 2-cents

cbs11tv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
You're right, it's not a liberal movement, it's a NWO movement for slaves to volunteer for their gods.

Bush Sr... war criminal... linked to Kennedy assassination and all sorts of crimes.

Obama... total puppet of Bilderberg...

Yep..bi partisan...hahahaha... if you're a fool enough to believe in the two parties system.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
You're right, it's not a liberal movement, it's a NWO movement for slaves to volunteer for their gods.

Bush Sr... war criminal... linked to Kennedy assassination and all sorts of crimes.

Obama... total puppet of Bilderberg...

Yep..bi partisan...hahahaha... if you're a fool enough to believe in the two parties system.

That's one opinion...and I will stress O-P-I-N-I-O-N. So it's a bad thing to call for volunteers? Some people just want this country to fail...I don't get it.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I don't mind Obama urging volunteerism. I just don't want him to switch from volunteerism to being volun-told.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

I don't mind Obama urging volunteerism. I just don't want him to switch from volunteerism to being volun-told.

Nothing, and I repeat nothing has indicated that it would be mandatory...As a matter of fact, the two words are at opposite ends of the spectrum. I agree with you in that we shouldn't be "volun-told"...but to suggest that that may be the case is just disparaging propaganda (not yours...but the conservatives).

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

10 million was set aside to study whether a mandatory service program in the US would be feasible. This was an appropriation in the GIVE Act. Now, this does not mean that it will happen. But after Rahm Emmanuel's book The Plan, where he discusses a mandatory bootcamp where everyone 18 to 25 years old would have to give three months of their lives:

This is the kind of stuff that makes people shiver when they talk about volunteerism.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hopefully they could both volunteer to be exiled...maybe on Mars...or Kenya. I thought Bush the murderer had gone senile? Nice to see the puppet with one of his puppeteers...see if you can see the strings....

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

10 million was set aside to study whether a mandatory service program in the US would be feasible. This was an appropriation in the GIVE Act. Now, this does not mean that it will happen. But after Rahm Emmanuel's book The Plan, where he discusses a mandatory bootcamp where everyone 18 to 25 years old would have to give three months of their lives:

This is the kind of stuff that makes people shiver when they talk about volunteerism.

Again...mandetory service "boot camp" and volunteerism don't equate. These are not even the same thing...and shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath....but, I expected as much from my "fellow" ATSers...as I stated in to OP.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

i also think volunteering is a very great thing, as i said on an earlier thread, but the problem comes with who they are wanting us to volunteer for and why.

I heard this bit of news earlier today, and it basically solidified something i was holding out on believing...that Obama is that far in to being a puppet. I know every president is hand picked, but some toe the line better then others. Obama won the nobel out of nowhere. i dont care who you are, you don't win that award for nothing, he hasn't done anything real to fix relations, so he is being paid off. That originally set me off, then hear that he is working with mister nwo himself, it doesn't look good.

there goes the last of my hope for change...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I understand what you're saying, but what I am saying is that people equate what government insiders call volunteerism with mandatory service. history serves as a guide when dealing with this issue. Many volunteer organizations have been used, namely in Germany with Hitler Youth Corp, as an avenue to mandatory, or compulsory service. It CAN happen here, and it IS a legitimate concern.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I understand what you're saying, but what I am saying is that people equate what government insiders call volunteerism with mandatory service. history serves as a guide when dealing with this issue. Many volunteer organizations have been used, namely in Germany with Hitler Youth Corp, as an avenue to mandatory, or compulsory service. It CAN happen here, and it IS a legitimate concern.

I think people take this stance because America has ONLY thrived and become the great nation it WAS due to Slavery. First the blacks, then the Chinese, and now with Hispanics (some see their low wages as equating to much the same). Now that America isn't so great anymore, volunteerism is being equated to mandatory service (i.e., slavery) because that's how it's always worked out well for us Americans (sad to say).

EDIT: I want to add that I believe that is is a false presumption to liken America (regardless of who is in power) to Hitler/Nazis. We have a different governmental system than Germany had...we have checks & balances...

There is nothing wrong with standing up for your rights...but to make assumptions and falsely "stand up" when there is no evidence...it's just inflammatory.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Plans for compulsory service in the US are nothing new. It is neither a liberal or conservative agenda, it is an elitist agenda and they hide it by using words like "Volunteerism". Regardless of how our economic outlook turns out, such compulsory service, in the hands of government, can be VERY dangerous. I think that people need to stop taking the words of politicians at face value. There's always an agenda.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I disagree. We don't have checks and balances. We have bought and paid for "public servants". I would recommend reading on Germany in the mid to late 20's - 30's to get an idea of what that country was like before Hitler transformed the nation into what history now sees as a fascist dictatorship.

They were, in fact, a constitutional republic.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

There's always an agenda.

Too right you are! Everyone has an agenda. I do, you do, the governments of the world do. W/o an agenda, none of us would crawl out of the bed each day...But nobody's agenda gets any further than a thought or an idea on paper, unless others allow themselves to fall victim.

Americans (in general) know where the line is...unfortunately some Americans draw that line way short of the line of reality...and that is divisive and damaging to society.

Divide & conquer...making something out of nothing certainly does that!

I do appreciate your perspective, and respect it! I like how you present your perspective w/o name calling & belittling...I wish more ATSers ere like you! I don't mind differing points of view, I think it is healthy.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

We have had a several decades of violations and usurpations of the Constitution by both left and right elements in this nation. I assure you they don't give a damn about what YOUR agenda is. My agenda is to be left the hell alone by government, to live my life the way I see fit. We are citizens, not subjects, and I think many in America have forgotten that due to the left/right agendas of people who would rather be in control than actually serve the public within the constraints of the Constitution.

Again, i see nothing wrong with urging volunteerism. But I'm willing to bet a very pretty penny that if they find a feasible means to force service on society they will, and they have already. The Viet Nam war is a perfect example of how compulsory service can be horribly abused.

Edit to add:

I try to offer substance in a debate of any sort. This is not to say that I haven't had my moments of burning frustration with others, but i have found that name-calling and radicalization gets NOTHING done.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Just wait for a while.
They are slowly going to put into place their plans for the youth of this country.
What are you going to say when they knock on your door or someones door that you love and take those precious children "away" to only God knows where???
Speaking from my prospective, they will never get my Grandsons without a fight.
I suggest that you go and read some govenment sights like Serve.gov and there's quite a few more.
I'll find them and post the links.
There's one that has a online "Handbook" that says the conditions may be severe to work in, limited medical care and much more.
I'll post it.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
While I have no problem with volunteering, and encouraging people to do so, does this require an entire 'movement' type attitude.

I should think that the best way to encourage people to volunteer is to first make sure that they have jobs. Perhaps this is "nasty", but I would rather the unemployed be out seeking employment -- not volunteering while collecting tax payers' money to do so.

Further, from what I have seen of Obama so far, he doesn't do anything halfway. Meaning, if he isn't happy with the number of Americans answering his call, I would bet that he "ramps up his efforts" to the point where it is now our required DUTY, instead of simply the right thing to do. However, until that happens, I'll take it at face value.

As a final note -- does he really need to be flying all over the place promoting this? Again?

We have no money. We should not be spending money on anything that is not absolutely necessary to protecting this country and ensuring that Americans have what it takes to build a better life.

People with not enough money to feed themselves should not be donating to charity.

Obama made his pitch for this in September -- that should have been enough.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I don't think the PTB will have to institute a compulsory corp for America.
The current economic situation and rising unemployment will find plenty of young Americans WILLING to volunteer just to have meals, lodging, health care and possibly college credit. Very much like the New Deal programs instituted from 1920 to 1940s.

www.sparknotes.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I can't believe people will fall for this - they should be out there burning the government buildings - but instead they will be clapping hands and singing kumbaiyah with these fascists.

Just kill all your politicians already - then all the boards of directors of your filthy corporations - re-implement gold and silver as currency - burn down the Fed and hang those guys - then repeal anything unconstitutional.

Make sure that the interpretation of charging interest is seen as causing both harm and loss - so it is illegal.

Re-implement capitalist policies - firstly by destroying all corporations and making them unconstitutional.

Shoot all the media talking heads and their bosses - ensure that harm and loss - means lying on the media - make sure you insist on the death penalty for using media as a weapon.

Then kill anyone else who it seems appropriate to kill, including anyone in banking and finance - and certainly the central bankers.

Then go open up area 51, Greenland, Antarctica and any other private bases you can torture someone to locate - if they resist - nuke them - and then kill off your CIA - follow up by nuking Israel, especially targeting the Mossad headquarters.

Now go and repeal ALL law - excepting the one common law (Do no harm, cause no loss).

Then get on with reforming your country, with a due consideration of making everyone self sufficient.

After that sit back and enjoy a nice pizza and a beer for a job well done - have a rest, because we expect you to go and use the same tactics to reform Europe.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Amagnon]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join