It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merck Wins U.S. Approval for Gardasil Vaccine in Boys (Update1)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Merck Wins U.S. Approval for Gardasil Vaccine in Boys (Update1)

www.bloomberg.com

Oct. 16 (Bloomberg) -- Merck & Co.’s Gardasil, a vaccine used to prevent cervical cancer in women, won U.S. regulatory approval for preventing genital warts in boys.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration cleared the vaccine for use in males ages 9 to 26, Merck said today in a statement.

Gardasil protects against a sexually transmitted infection called human papillomavirus, or HPV, that can lead to cervical cancer in women and genital warts and cancer of the penis and anus in men. ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
When I first read about this, I thought it would be good since it extends protection from only girls to both girls and boys, but then I remembered about the whole "feminizing men/boys" claim and the side effects to Gardasil itself. Is giving Gardasil to boys going to be beneficiary, or is this just another conspiracy that will end up harming boys in the long run?

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/16/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
While it sounds good as the boys are the transmitters and look all the side effects of this vaccine on girls around the nations that are using it, I am still concern about the trials If I had a young son or daughter I would wait few years to see how the vaccine has done on the sector of the population that had gotten it.

I don't know but I hope one of the side effects is not impotence the ability of have children in males.

Hum, It most be a very had decision for parents around with this vaccines targeting our children and teens, in one hand they sound good but then again we can not trust the big pharma when it comes to the safety or our future specially when it comes with a profiting sign.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
this being the same `vaccine` which `protects` only 3% of the HPV , and after 2 years has been proven to be longer in the bodies (or in fact offers 0 protection) of the girls who had the injection in 95% of cases?

a pointless injection then.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
everyone

Avoid Gardisil like the plague!

it's poison!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
just how prevalent are genital warts anyhoo?? I don't know anyone who has ever had them... my son has had the chat about condoms (he's 15 and not sexually active that I'm aware - pretty certain of that) and I feel that some johnnies and a bit of common sense along with decent personal hygiene should be suffice for most dudes..

Am I being ignorant?

B

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by badBERTHA

Well I already pass that time when my children were teens on sexual discovery, you know girl friends boy friends, poppy love and pimples.

I survive, but beside the hygiene thing, just make sure that you let them know they need to protect, protect and protect some more.

It works, been a mother and a friend than a mother that admonish and chastised them.

My children are now adults in their twenties and so far so good.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by badBERTHA
just how prevalent are genital warts anyhoo?? I don't know anyone who has ever had them... my son has had the chat about condoms (he's 15 and not sexually active that I'm aware - pretty certain of that) and I feel that some johnnies and a bit of common sense along with decent personal hygiene should be suffice for most dudes..

Am I being ignorant?

B

Very prevalent. 80% of sexually active people will come into contact with at least one of the many strains of HPV (a handful of which cause warts (genital or otherwise) and some are linked to various kinds of cancers). Condoms cannot prevent the spread of HPV as it is can be transmitted through non-sexual skin-to-skin contact. They do prevent a bunch of other STDs and pregnancy if used consistently and properly.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it strange that there is a vaccine for an issue the medical community cannot even test for? HPV screening for males is non-existent.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazystars

Also I just found out that it doesn't even protect girls after two years and the side effects stays longer, from miscarriage to blood cloth and neurological problems.

The vaccine makers can no even provide evidence that it actually does anything to protect boys.

Interesting.

www.yourlawyer.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Am I being ignorant?

B

I only know one of my friends who ever had it. He was the one who got around in high school. I know my brother in law had it years ago, so did most of the guys in his group of friends. Evidently they all where "visiting" the same young "lady" and one gave it to her and she gave it to 6 other guys in the same group.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Wait. I thought they had taken Gardasil off the market because it was killing girls, putting them in comas and such - can't remember exactly what it was doing but it was very bad. I know I wasn't imagining that... was I?
In any case, my pediatrician told me to NOT give it to my daughter.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
... I am still concern about the trials If I had a young son or daughter I would wait few years to see how the vaccine has done on the sector of the population that had gotten it.

I don't know but I hope one of the side effects is not impotence the ability of have children in males.

It's already a mandatory injection for girls in at least one school district in my area.
I am so afraid that the trials are being done on the kids.

So, there is no time to wait and decide.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Am I being ignorant?

B

Yes, you are being ignorant. Herpes and warts are very prevalent, and no matter how PICKY you are with your heterosexual partner, it still can and does happen. And don't talk about cleanliness, because it also doesn't always work that way either.

I Still would NOT get the vaccine, Period, no matter what!

If it were my children/ relatives, and they were trying to force mandatory vaccination, like, over my dead body!

You people have to start growing some balls or what ever,(for heaven sake, you are here, on ATS.com)(can you still be that stupid?) start educating yourself, especially SE michigan person. Head to court, declare it is against your religion. Don't you know how to fight?

My reason for stating heterosexual(if you need a reason), is because I can only relate to this type of relationship for myself.

Signed, Dr Phil

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Oh so it's not enough to sicken the girls now it's the boys turn? I would wonder about a parent's sanity who would submit their children to this needless and under-studied (by an objective third party) vaccine with all the reports of adverse and deadly effects.

I heard a mother say, "I didn't think much of the vaccine safety because it only had a low possibility of ill effects". This mother sought out which doctor was giving the vaccine and took her 15 year old daughter to be vaccinated a couple months later her healthy child is too sick to function normally. A little risk is too big of a chance to take with your child's health and well-being, where's the sanity???

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazystars
Does anyone else find it strange that there is a vaccine for an issue the medical community cannot even test for? HPV screening for males is non-existent.

Heck yeah I do find it peculiar to say the least which is why parents and concerned healthcare personnel should be alarmed.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'd say avoid it like the plague!!

Just wondering.......
Aside from Gardasil......
What I'd like to know is what side effects mulitiple vaccines will have on young peoples health.? Do they even test these things in combinations?
If both this vaccine AND the Swine Flu Vaccine are taken, how will taking both of these effect young peoples health?

It seems they can't figure out the side effects of just having one vaccine let alone the effects of multiple vaccines.

I think this point will become more important if BOTH of these vaccinations become mandatory in the future.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
I'd say avoid it like the plague!!

Just wondering.......
Aside from Gardasil......
What I'd like to know is what side effects mulitiple vaccines will have on young peoples health.? Do they even test these things in combinations?
If both this vaccine AND the Swine Flu Vaccine are taken, how will taking both of these effect young peoples health?

The truth is they don't know how all these vaccines will interact with one another and it don't seem as if it's even a concern which is why people must do their own research to weigh the pros and cons.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I have some buddies who need this! Seriously, genital wart protection all about it. Who wants warts on their firehose?

new topics

top topics

join