It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Activity: I've seen scarier on Ghost Adventures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There's a new Blair Witchesque movie out that has just been released across the country called Paranormal Activity. I had a chance to see if while it was in limited viewing and apparantly it is causing quite a buzz. It currently enjoys a 86% rating on Rotten Tomatoes down from 95% a week ago.

My fiance and I left the movie surprisingly dissapointed even though the packed crowd was cheering.
Now...I must admit that we're paranormal fans. Always watching shows like Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters, or whatever other paranormal show is on the history channel or on the internet. Our old house was crazy haunted, and we've experienced some amazing things, although nothing demonic or negative in any way.

The dissapointing thing about this movie is that it really is no different than what one would see on an episode of Ghost Adventures, but made into a movie format.

I'm led to believe that what makes this movie so "scary" to the masses is merely their ignorance to what's going on in the paranormal world. Not that anything is wrong with that, but hardly worth Roger Eberts review of:

"Paranormal Activity" is an ingenious little horror film, so well made it's truly scary, that arrives claiming it's the real thing.

You're thoughts!?

In the meantime, I leave you with this youtube paranormal compilation video for mild enjoyment.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by xEphon]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
can't watch the youtube, but is that where the brick is flying? thats some crazy stuff. and I'll admit i like it when Zach provokes the "spirits" or whatever energy makes that happen

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I saw it as well and agree with you completely....just came away a little let down.

Last time I got suckered in like that was with that ridiculous 'Cloverfield".

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Clark Savage Jr.

Yeah, I hear you. We drove down to Philly from Allentown (about 40 minutes) just to see what the hype was about and came back a bit confused.
I can see why people would be scared, but on the other hand, for people used to paranormal...not so much.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Bah. I've seen better in PERSON.

Second line, because the first says it all.

new topics

top topics

join