It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we so harshly reject the idea of ET's existing, and visiting Earth?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I myself have no fear of ET's coming to earth. ive seen a UFO when i was camping and it has changed my life since. we shouldnt be affaid really. i believe they are advanced beings and are hear to help us when the time comes, we just gotta stop living in fear and hate.

i also agree with CHAOS, its true a majorty of the world is not ready to be revealed to ET's. most of society simply just cant handle the fact of them actualy existing, for fear that they will be taken out of their comfort zone.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
As for the secretive thing...who says they are hiding anything...maybe they just don't think we are ready for them to reveal themselves...as we are obviously not...

Actually the secretive thing does make me wonder of their intentions.
Why exactly aren't we ready for them to reveal themselves? And why do people who argue ETs are here always say, "We are not ready". Sounds like a cop out to me. What exactly needs to happen for us to be ready?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I'm just puzzled over why people seem to react the way they do...

Hmm, well, you might want to actually talk to some random people about it.

the stats are as followed
-almost everyone on earth believes there is life "out there"
-almost the same amount believe that there are also some advanced races out there somewhere (megafundy religions believes they are either angels or fallen angels, take your pick)
-well over half of the population of earth believes in *some* aspects of visitations on earth
-a pretty large percentage of earth believes the aliens are here on earth, be it for constant visitations and monitering, or other.

but for the most part, its just a intellectual curiousity verses a life movement.

A example of the caring level would be simple...PETA members live and breathe for protecting animals, etc etc.
Most people believe its good to be good to animals..even the ones we eat. The most ultra conservative doesnt want to see a chicken being tortured or whatnot (except for sociopaths, which dont count)...so, a PETA person will get frustrated that most of the world doesnt care for animals...but thats untrue, they simply dont care for animals as passionately as a PETA member...doesnt mean there is no caring there.

And this is a good example of how a UFOlogist looks upon the rest of them...people believe in some aspects of alien races, but a UFOlogist is so intensely familiar with the works and passion about the area that they see the rest of the world as in denial...when the actual reality is that the rest believe, they just dont care very much in comparison.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It's not that I wouldn't mind ETs coming to earth, but they better have a pretty good reason for being secret about it. I don't like being kept in the dark about this subject, and if they do finally show themselves then I will be very angry at them, for that reason.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
For the same reason white people used to fear black people.

As a race, we are just really, really stupid and need decades of getting used to the unknown before learning to not fear it.

Of course the mass media has made this happen though. Its not built into us as humans, its built into the societies we live in. The bad guys in basically all American movies were once either black people or Russians. Mind control working.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

the stats are as followed
-almost everyone on earth believes there is life "out there"
-almost the same amount believe that there are also some advanced races out there somewhere (megafundy religions believes they are either angels or fallen angels, take your pick)
-well over half of the population of earth believes in *some* aspects of visitations on earth
-a pretty large percentage of earth believes the aliens are here on earth, be it for constant visitations and monitering, or other.
As I said, I know the bulk of people believe this stuff...but deep down they still deny it...because it offers more comfort...and when they themselves actually have the truth put directly in front of their face to see...out comes the denial and crazy emotions...this is what I'm talking about...but there are still a lot of people who just totally ignore the whole thing without even looking into it...those people will get the greatest shock if ET's ever do reveal them selves...

And this is a good example of how a UFOlogist looks upon the rest of them...people believe in some aspects of alien races, but a UFOlogist is so intensely familiar with the works and passion about the area that they see the rest of the world as in denial...when the actual reality is that the rest believe, they just dont care very much in comparison.
I don't see them as in denial because I'm passionate about the subject...I see them in denial because they are...they get all emotional and wig out...if a person can handle the truth...but not be very interested, fine...so be it...I also have a friend who's like that...no matter how much I try to explain to him the extreme importance and profound implications of the ET subject...he just doesn't find it as interesting and important as I do...which is fine...but I can guarantee if he witnessed a craft obviously not from Earth...he would deny it and/or freak out in some way...because he's a smart guy...and his lack of interest isn't because it's not an important topic...it's because he'd rather not think about it...it makes him uneasy...so many smart people avoid such a fascinating topic for just that reason...we avoid the topic as a society...we still can't bring our selves to admit their existence...when it's more than obvious what the truth is...

[edit on 16/10/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
While I don't reject the idea myself, I suspect that many fear that ETs may not be benevolent and that world governments and their defenses (whom we view as our "protectors") would be powerless to repel an attack.

I would be curious to know, for the various age groups, what proportion believe and disbelieve.

My generation grew up with the Mars Attacks stereotype of the creepy-looking alien blasting away with a ray gun at the helpless humans. That may stick in older folks subconscious to the extent that they get by via their self-preserving state of denial.

I'm more inclined to believe that they would have annihilated us by now if that was their intent. The theories of us being the product of alien genetic manipulation and an ongoing monitoring of our development is intriguing to me.

Too many people who stand to gain nothing and lose everything by coming forward with their ET experiences points toward the reality of the situation, in my eyes anyway.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by yizzel

Actually the secretive thing does make me wonder of their intentions.
Why exactly aren't we ready for them to reveal themselves? And why do people who argue ETs are here always say, "We are not ready". Sounds like a cop out to me. What exactly needs to happen for us to be ready?
I think it's actually possible we are nearly ready and they may reveal them selves soon...but who knows...we just need to learn to be more caring and accepting of different people/places/things...that, I think is the key...we are still to defensive, brutal and uncaring...

reply to post by GoneGrey

I'm more inclined to believe that they would have annihilated us by now if that was their intent. The theories of us being the product of alien genetic manipulation and an ongoing monitoring of our development is intriguing to me.
Yes, the idea intrigues me to...and seems to make a lot of sense when you connect the dots...I wrote a long thread on the subject...

EDIT: I just really doubt they would need to sneak around until they devise and complete their evil plan...they traveled light years to get here...and the longer they wait, the stronger and more advanced we become...plus, according to historic records...it seems they've been around a very long time...since the beginning in fact...there definitely seems to be another reason for their actions...and all the evidence points to Earth being an Alien ant farm...DEAL WITH IT!...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
IMO,I think they are us from the future. Just doin some research, ha.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

all the beliefs associated with our feeling of being "special" will evaporate when and if ET is discovered.

The truth probably is that we don't matter one iota. For some people that's a hard pill to swallow.

Yes...I missed that important point...people like to feel special don't they? That's why we get so sucked into religion...I think your right...we don't really matter one iota...well, that could be argued...intelligent life is a rare thing...but we are not the only life in the universe or the children of God...we are no more special than those big headed, wide eyed Aliens...we are actually less special...they are way smarter...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I think it's actually possible we are nearly ready and they may reveal them selves soon...but who knows...we just need to learn to be more caring and accepting of different people/places/things...that, I think is the key...we are still to defensive, brutal and uncaring...

Maybe you're right. I for one would be very happy to meet ET, except not too keen on the anal probing though.

While it's true there's lots of uncaring and downright evil people out there, I feel there's far more good then most people care to acknowledge. And it's not surprising when you see the daily news, but remember overwhelmingly bad news sells. Anyway I'm ready for 'em...

Time to hit the sack, just hope I don't get abducted tonight. Boy that would really knock the smugness out of me lol

edit to add:
s&f for a thought provoking thread

[edit on 16-10-2009 by yizzel]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What I don't understand is why those of us who believe that there may be life out there, but doubt that it has visited earth have labels attached to us such as "afraid" or "fearful". Just because we do not believe the same as you does not make us "afraid". It just doesn't make sense that these hyper intelligent aliens would visit us. If they are so superior that they can travel at FTL speeds, then we are just ants on a small blue anthill in the middle of nowhere to them. What arrogance to believe that they would have any interest at all in us, let alone even be aware of our existance. No "fear" of them, we just doubt they have come here.

Also, I am a Christian. Not one of those radical "fundy's" who can't think for themselves or one of those catholic type cultists, just a Christian who can think logically. If, by some stretch of the imagination, aliens did actually land publically and there was no doubt at all that they were visiting us - it would not alter my belief in God in any way. So this unfounded argument about aliens landing changing "religion" is just silly. Even the catholic church has told their worldwide flock that believing in aliens does not contradict their faith in God.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by yizzel

Time to hit the sack, just hope I don't get abducted tonight. Boy that would really knock the smugness out of me lol

haha...cheers for the good laugh...I'm sure that would knock the smugness out of any body...I would like to be abducted...in all honesty though...I would find it quite frightening to see an Alien that's just broken into my house to cart me away onto a space ship...I'm sure he'd delete all those nasty memories though...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

What I don't understand is why those of us who believe that there may be life out there, but doubt that it has visited earth have labels attached to us such as "afraid" or "fearful". Just because we do not believe the same as you does not make us "afraid".
I didn't actually quite say that...it's fair to say Aliens exist some where in the universe...and your perfectly legitimate in your thinking that they haven't visited Earth because there would be no need for it...but ask your self...and answer truthfully...how would you react if Aliens landed and fully revealed themselves to the world? Would it be a feeling of excitement or fear? My point is, most people react in fear...

As for religion...it's going to take more than Aliens to bring that sucker down...

EDIT: You say they would have no business with Earth...but what if we really were an Alien experiment...think about it for a second...it would explain why they hide...why they appear all throughout history...and why they abduct people...is that not a perfectly legit reason as to why they would be visiting Earth? Or maybe they just find studying our species highly interesting, since we are fairly young...is that to far fetched...see what I'm getting at? It's no more a stretch of the mind to assume Aliens could be visiting Earth...well, maybe just a little...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

OK, truthfully - if aliens arrived on earth with their photon torpedoes launching and their phasors blasting, I most certainly would be quite anxious.
If they landed claiming to be our pals or that they "seeded" us on this planet or they were our "parents" or anything - even if they didn't claim anything other than "here we are, we come in peace", I would be cautiously suspicious - but I don't believe I would be afraid.

Edit - in response to your edit: Regardless of the reason "why" they are here, if they publically landed leaving no doubt they were here, I would be stupid to claim that they weren't here.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by tallcool1]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
UFO ARE REAL!!!

but this doesnt mean they they are made by aliens...

for me all the UFO's seen till date are all experimental aircrafts...

I dont like the idea that some outer space creature finds such a place like Earth which i can imagine a Mecca full of resources, water, food, minerals, chemicals and just stay posing for pictures all these years

i do not rule out some contact one day since i believe life exists out there and that our planet is quite a useful PIT STOP utility

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think the biggest thing is that belief systems would have to be altered. We are suppose to be made in God's image. Many believe we look just like God. If an alien species popped up and was much older than we are, that means we were not first in line and maybe just not that special.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
In my opinion the aliens have been running the show since day 1, it's all 1 big test to them, ive read about 2012 and alot of the ufo phenonemon , i believe it can either go one way like a driving test, if everyone can accept the truth when it comes out we will pass, and then beyond... who knows what happens, if the world is still ignorant at the fact when it comes out and the masses 'freak out' then we fail and bye to this race of humans,next test to them?. whether it be by ww3 and nukes, planet x, supervolcanoes or mega tsunamis and earthquakes just an opinion
what do you guys think about this 'upcoming' disclosure that is supposed to happen?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by moonwize

Made in God's image could just simply mean one head, two arms and two legs. All of the so called pictures of aliens and descriptions of aliens are of a similar design to humans. So still, as you say, "in God's image". No reason to give up your belief in God if aliens landed.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by moonwize

"The Individual is god. Of all things, entities, beings, and creatures in the known universe, He alone is worthy of being worshiped. He alone is holy and sacred. He alone is properly untouched by beast, man, or god.

No duo, trio, or other group is as fundamental, central, and pivotal to natural existence. No assemblage or combination is as powerful, stunning, and awesome as this basic, ultimate One"

we are all built on the existance of dna we are all cut from the same cloth

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join