It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby survives being run over by a train

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Baby survives being run over by a train

www.parentdish.co.uk

A baby has miraculously survived after his pram rolled off a railway platform in front of a train.

The six-month-old baby boy had only a cut to his head after the accident in Melbourne, Australia.
Watch this CCTV video and you will be amazed he survived at all.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
WOW!!!! The little boys mum must be thanking her lucky stars her baby is alright. Someone must be watching over him for sure.
I was horrified when i saw the video, even though you know he survives unhurt, your heart still sinks as you watch it.
It's nice to see a happy ending every once in a while.

www.parentdish.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
HOLY CRAP!

good thing she didnt try to go after him. that would have been really terrible.

that kid definitely has someone/something looking over it

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I am very thankful that Boy is Ok.

Now I must scold the Mother! WHAT WAS SHE THINKING!

I have 3 kids, and in all my parenting, I have NEVER let go of My child, in a stroller, walking, siting down, I always know where they are and what they are doing. She was on a Inclined Plane, it was a windy day, I would of had my hand on that stroller umm constantly, Even if I had to use two hands, My feet are wrapped around the wheel so it wont move.

Its your BABY, not a bag of groceries.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 10001011

I have to agree with all you say there

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10001011
Even if I had to use two hands, My feet are wrapped around the wheel so it wont move.

Even knowing that the baby is okay, that clip is horrible to watch. I can't even see the mother and whatever the reporter said, that was not a split second, that was a metre and half roll...where was the woman! I could never figure out how the brakes on my pushchair worked, but like you, I used to wrap my feet around it. I'm gob-smacked. Very, very lucky escape. At least, we can hope, she won't be so careless again.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Absolutely breathtaking footage. The odds of that baby surviving considering everything that happened...

Hopefully the mother has learned that she must be more observant and less risky when taking her baby in public places. It might sound harsh, but judging by what almost happened, one wonders whether somebody like her should even have children. Of course the most important thing is that the baby did not get seriously hurt, so I would rather focus on that than try to blame the mother.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
That was a horrible mother, she should have her child taken away because something dumb is bound to happen again.
Imagine what the kid will think when he sees this in 20 years?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
We have cnn showing in our lobby and just about everyone gasped when they showed the video. It was shocking. I thought for sure he was killed when someoen said he just bumped his head. absolutely amazing. His poor parents at that moment...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I have had a stroller get away from me but not so far that I couldn't reach out and grab it. but people are always the worst parental critics. When things can happen so fast and so easily.

CX

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This video made me feel sick to watch it, i thought it was just footage of the pram going over the edge, my stomach turned when the train came into view.

I'm not going to slate the mother though, yes it was a stupid thing to do on a platform, but i would wager that theres not a parent here that has not done something stupid in the past, whether you admit ot or not. You can see how shocked she was, i'm suprised she didn't copllapse with shock.

There will be loads of calls to have her baby removed from her now, as if she's a bad mother. None of us know that, none of us know her. She could be the best mum in the world who had a lapse of judgement. A silly one fair enough, but i think this will be a case of learning the hard way.

I would ask any parent here who slates this girl to think back in their life at something they regret, even if it was just one incident. Now imagine having everyone say you're a crap parent who should lose your kids.

Thankfully the baby is ok.

CX.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Was that just a preview for Unbreakable 2 ??

Spoiler = The mother is actually the villain.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
See!

That guy yesterday had the right idea

This would never happen if the Baby was up in a Balloon where the train could never get it.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
MIRACLES and the ANGELS PERFORMING THEM DO EXIST friends. WOW that is really cool the little baby was not seriously harmed.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

DO you know you have the STAR OF METATRON IN YOUR AVATAR, that I like much.

top topics

join