It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Too Late : Only 10-years before open sea in the Arctic

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Such efforts would also tend to mitigate some of the ice melt, since the remaining iceberg mass would end up on land. Does anyone know what happened to those efforts?

I remember a few years back a lone iceberg floated within helicopter range from Antarctic toward Australia. In fact the helicopter landed on it and took some news footage. I can't find reference to it now but I remember it started the whole iceberg towing thing off again.

Anyhow it was discovered that it is not quite as practical as once thought. Ocean drag and currents were a contributing factor but the wind sail area was the killer and the thing that overpowered the currents and pushed it closer to us.

I guess if you picked the right iceberg at the right time and place it would be possible but its not a simple as it sounds.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
there isnt enough solid proof humans are causing global warming...sure if we stop using so much energy and start re-using things etc etc...thats a good thing...but the earth has a natural cycle of heating up and cooling down over thousands of year...we are now in the heating up stage of this cycle...also much more carbon dioxide is pumped into the atmosphere by natural causes than us humans could ever create if the ice is melting...it would probably be melting if we were here or not

<< 2  3  4   >>

join