It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Unconstitutional Nobel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Why get upset?

Also, in Obama's America, you do find issue with it. Criticize George Bush? You get your own tv show.

Criticize Obama? The "poop" storm flies!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I am not upset. I don't get worked up in these forums because that is a true waste of time and bandwith. If you believe I am showing some kind of anger towards you, it is a misinterpretation.

I must point out that you didn't really give me a reply as much as you just reiterated what you just said.

A "poop"storm happens when you talk about politics in general. Saying that's what happens when once criticizes obama is asinine and disregards ALL political discussion (considering it usually always leads to conversational rudeness and verbal cheap shots)

I wish to defend the content of this website and my reading experience, which is often ruined by stupid filler comments that don't say anything or contribute to the conversation, such as the ones I have previously described (sarcasm and the supposed suppression of things one says in "Obama's America").

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Louis Farrakhan stated Obama is the "messiah".

I'm just REPEATING it. If you don't like it, tough, I could care less.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Point taken.

I will continue to bring up each and every issue of Obama and his policies.

Let the chips fall where they may.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by piddles

I said it was useless, I didn't say you're not allowed to say it. And yes it is useless, it's an exaggeration of what democrats believe, followed by a comment that is being spun in a way that Obama indoctrinates children rather than the truth that parents indoctrinate their children.

Ummm, however it IS the parents job to "indoctrinate", I call it "raising" myself, their children, not Obama's, not anyone else's for that matter.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
I am going to have to say no on this one dbates. While it is a prestigious award, the Nobel Committee doesn't really have an influence the way say knighthood would. In effect it would be like if ATS gave him an award as Most Controversial Man of 2009, for being the subject for so many threads and huge threads this year.

But if you would like to question his actual actions and how they may be unconstitutional, then you might like this thread regarding self-appointment to the UN Security Council

It does because it is intended to buy something from Obama. This is exactly what the forefathers wanted to prevent. Bribing and influencing the office of the President buy outside forces.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Please, congress won't do anything, unfortunately, in regards to this. obama, his adminsitration and congress are breaking rules in the constitution all over the place. I highly doubt this will be any different!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

This sounds like you're spinning the issue.

Not sure what you mean. Just because the guys handing out the nobel peace prize are neither a prince, king or state is kind of besides the point, it's nitpicking. Just pointing that out.

Private Institutions can give money to whoever they want, it's their right.

But Obama is against lobbyists right?

he doesn't owe them any kind of political favor for it, I also doubt they have some sort of agenda behind this.

There has been a bit of speculation that Obama has gotten the award to encourage him to be a bit more peaceful than his predecessors. He hasn't really done anything otherwise to deserve it. It's the only reason I can think of frankly.

Some might argue it's a white bribe, since it's done in the hope of saving lives. I think I agree with that.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

so someone said something stupid and wrong. happens everyday. Using something stupid that someone said to make a point seems to equate to...hmm lemme think, stupid.

He's obviously not any kind of powerful entity, since he can't fix the economy with like religious miracles.

I don't like you making a useless post that doesn't say anything or add to the conversation.

that is all.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I said it was useless, I didn't say you're not allowed to say it. And yes it is useless, it's an exaggeration of what democrats believe, followed by a comment that is being spun in a way that Obama indoctrinates children rather than the truth that parents indoctrinate their children.

Ummm, however it IS the parents job to "indoctrinate", I call it "raising" myself, their children, not Obama's, not anyone else's for that matter.

good thing the parents ok'd them singing the song and not obama forcing them to sing it then, huh

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja

This sounds like you're spinning the issue.

Not sure what you mean. Just because the guys handing out the nobel peace prize are neither a prince, king or state is kind of besides the point, it's nitpicking. Just pointing that out.

Private Institutions can give money to whoever they want, it's their right.

But Obama is against lobbyists right?

he doesn't owe them any kind of political favor for it, I also doubt they have some sort of agenda behind this.

There has been a bit of speculation that Obama has gotten the award to encourage him to be a bit more peaceful than his predecessors. He hasn't really done anything otherwise to deserve it. It's the only reason I can think of frankly.

Some might argue it's a white bribe, since it's done in the hope of saving lives. I think I agree with that.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Lazyninja]

1. okay I get you, I can actually see where you're coming from with this and I kind of agree. However because it's not officially apart of the law, he hasn't done anything wrong.

2. I dont know if I agree with the white bribe idea because doesn't the prize kind of imply that what they are doing is right and that they should keep doing it? If this is meant to help keep him from going to war, I'm not sure how well that will work out.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

BACK ON TOPIC

Point one. I can't stand Obama's policies, politics. I think he's going to ruin this country.

Point two. He wasn't president when he was awarded the Nobel. It is for 2009. Then, he campaigned, was a junior senator, and lied a bucket load.

Point three. The votes were in February 1st. He hadn't done anything yet.

Conclusion, if it wasn't for the fact that he is black, then it was for his promises of disarmament, backing down, wimping out. Two other sitting presidents have won it in the past.

His winning is more embarrassing than him winning it illegally.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by piddles

Point taken.

I wholeheartedly welcome the discussion of his issues and hope it leads to meaningful conversation and the truth.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
As a nation, Sweden has no official say in how the foundation awards it's prizes:

The Nobel Foundation is a private institution established in 1900 based on the will of Alfred Nobel. The Foundation manages the assets made available through the will for the awarding of the Nobel Prize in Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature and Peace. It represents the Nobel Institutions externally and administers informational activities and arrangements surrounding the presentation of the Nobel Prize. The Foundation also administers the Nobel Symposium Program.

The Nobel Foundation

However, because of money and prestige associated with the award, it is a safe bet that the motives for awarding it often have political implications. Think of it as a big campaign contribution from a lobbyist. But it's not a campaign contribution, nor is it an award giving the President any special citizenship to Sweden. This is without question some sort of quid pro quo.

Just less than a century ago, one can look back and realize that if you have enough money and power you can get a goverment to do anything.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

truthfully, I dont think even he thought he deserved it

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by piddles

Point taken.

I wholeheartedly welcome the discussion of his issues and hope it leads to meaningful conversation and the truth.

Agreed. And "The lone Gunmen" rock, by the way.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

truthfully, I dont think even he thought he deserved it

He would have been a better man (in my eyes) if he would have refused it.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Personally, I don't agree with obama's politics or policies.
I don't 'randomly' heap hate on him, neither does anyone else.

I think the 'peace prize' is just a way to make America back down. How can you send 20,000 troops to Afganistan or stand up to Kim Jong Il or Amidudijud (or however you spell his name) when you are awarded the peace prize for 'trying to bring people together.'

hell, he cant even bring the dems and the republicans together (oh, like he promised to do).

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

eh, much as I don't like the guy and do not beleive he has earned the award and so on; I don't see a conflict in it yet.

The award gives him no advantages, does not denote a title or office or any of the such.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Since when has the Constitution bothered Obama?

Or his cabinet?

AND his Czars.

Russia never had this many Czars in their entire history.

Yeah, and Russian Czars also couldn't be fired at a whim.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join