It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Genesis 28:1: "And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and charged him, and said unto him, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan."

Leviticus 19:19: "Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind ..."

Deuteronomy 7:2-3: "And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them: Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

There are more. Of course, nowadays everyone will tell you that they have nothing to do with race, but back in the 50s and such people would use them to discourage interracial marriage. In fact I bet there's still people who quote them...

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Radiobuzz]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Radiobuzz

Genesis 28:1: "And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and charged him, and said unto him, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan."

Because the daughters of Canaan still worshipped the other pagan gods besides Yahweh...

Leviticus 19:19: "Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind ..."

Because they would lose their domesticated and hybridized abilities...

Deuteronomy 7:2-3: "And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them: Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

Once again... this was about turning from Yahweh.... Remember.. he's a "jealous god".

There are more. Of course, nowadays everyone will tell you that they have nothing to do with race, but back in the 50s and such people would use them to discourage interracial marriage. In fact I bet there's still people who quote them...

[edit on 17-10-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You may know that, but did that stop people from using those verses to discourage interracial dating? Did it stop people from using verses in the bible pertaining to slaves to justify slavery? Did it stop people from using the bible to make the claim that all blacks are cursed?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

www.google.com

NEW ORLEANS — A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have. Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."

(visit the link for the full news article)

he says he's not a racist??? of course he is...and he's a judge??? you got to be kidding me. this is THE definition of a racist. he makes george bush look like martin luther king with that statement. does he wear a white robe with a pointy hat to court?? he must still call our president "boy"...well...in polite company anyway. this judge needs to get out of the black robe, and into a pink fuzzy one and sit in his rocker at home, retired and retarded, sipping bourbon from a plastic cup. it's amazing these judges (if you can call them that) still exist.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
lol lol lol that all i can say my wife and i both laughed long and hard at how stupid this guy is. he prolly really believes he is not racist. now a days its hard to get offended by this type of crap cuzz the people who do this swear up and down they are not racist but they make dumb a** comments like he did. my wife and i both being black. just laughed at this guy. he is a fool and any one who thinks like him is also a fool, and deserves to be laughed at lol

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join