It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole Reversal and Pole Shifts Are Known Processes - UK Advertisements Reveal Coastal Disasters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This is the most important topic that can be discussed. For years many have been misled to think planet X was coming into our solar system and no matter how much evidence to the contrary, including that this object is reported to be larger than Jupiter, and should be seen by now, and the sun which is a giant magnet would be flaring up, but is very calm.

Yet those underground bases have been built at top notch speed, and there is much to worry about.
This is the diaster can do all that planet X could do, and the real reason the Norwegian Politician disclosed his letter to Project Camelot. The movie the Day after Tomorrow actually depicts what a pole reversal could do in the worse case, though I've been told that in reality when the poles smash together the planet is going to tip causing huge tsusami's. The entire scenario has many camps amongst the scientists, and when I researched pole reversals with ice ages, and looked into the date 1983, given by the Norwegian Politician, there was work done on mass extinctions at that time.
From what I gathered there are camps amongst scientists, as to what this process is like, and that it can start out slowly and finish off quickly, its sporadic in nature.

Anything affecting the core can affect the shift. The planetary allignment that occured that may have triggered Mount St. Helen's erruption may be linked to volcanic activity in the solar system as well. This is also around the time the bases began to be build, so I think the pole shift was assessed as a threat. We do have a rather big planetary allignement due for 2012. Also there are many possibilities, as Russian Scientists have said that its not just earth that is experiencing global warming, but pole meltdowns have been happening in our solar system and there seems to be an increase in energy.

If the poles were to melt suddenly, there would be between 230-600 feet of instant raise in ocean levels, and many people would perish, along with nature and wilderness gone forever. This is not something we want to see happen. But depending on which camp of scientists is correct, the pole reversal is worse. Under both scenarios, the UK, India and many other land masses will be mostly submerged and our maps will change forever.

I was working on a video about this, but had felt it was too negative. I didnt want to program the matrix, or draw in anything negative. On the other hand, I do think people need to research this and if possible, move to safety and then work on the positive images, meditations. I think all bases need to be covered for such a great risk.

Then a friend sent me this link. This is an ad that is put on the UK television recently, by a branch of the UK Government.

ACTONCO2 "Bedtime Stories" TV advertisement, October 2009

Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC)

Its about the pole shift and land masses being submerged. And that its up to us whether or not this occurs. Of course they're linking it to CO2, and even while the universe is warming up, we cannot be so niave as to think our destruction of nature does not cause these events. Mother Earth is a sentient being and we have not been responsible. We have not said NO to our leaders and the corporations they support. We HAVE to do that, to caretake this beautiful planet and attempt to heal her.

The UK government has just disclosed the geomagnetic pole reversal.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Unity_99]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

My theory is that planet x is out there, but will come through a wormhole and will appear closer to the earth than the moon and cause cataclysmic destruction...similar to this

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Planet X isn't scientific, this one is. And its already occurring. The pole shift is in process, and the only thing that needs to be assessed is, why those bases are being built and if this is expected to finish off swiftly or not. Swift ice ages are linked to the pole shifts, due to the wobble of our planet. But if the earth tips, well, the Queens family who built there base in the Colorado area due to the rumors will emerge in balmy weather. We'll all be gone.

While I was doing the research, I noticed that there wasn't a clear cut link to the mass extinctions and the pole shift, just one big one that seemed to also include a meteor strike.
However, that isn't agreed upon either. Mass extinctions arent the same category as many perishing scientifically. Large numbers can die without it being called a mass extinction event, so there are two camps in this. One seems to be sitting in the meteor strike and the othere sitting in the pole reversal. Also, when the magnetism becomes low enough, earth becomes a magnet for comets and meteors.

Then this advertisement put out by the government, which I find alarming.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Great thread.

I've been thinking about this very thing recently.

People should star and flag this thread and try and get some info from people who know their stuff in this subject.

I'd be interested to know how quickly these changes could take effect?

Would the UK for instance be submerged within minutes/hours or days?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It's an advert for climate change. nothing more. Nothing to do with any planet or pole shifting. why do you have to read something into this when there's nothing there.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I dont know why you would say the sun is not behaving more agitated lately when it clearly has been. And I'm not so quick to discount or ignore the texts of the past about another planet like they dont exist.
Its obvious "something" is taking place yet I dont think the short time of focus or depth of research we have as a civilized group in a few hundred years of gathered and openly shared knowledge will reveal whats been or what will be.
Its "great" videos like the one posted that tug on all the right strings,

"is there a happy ending?" my word how emotional and motivational is that?

The reason I doubt as hard as I do, is because of the "profit Motive" behind anything like this.

Just my 2cents - - - - follow the money- $$$$$ - - there's a pot o gold at the end of this story.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Thundarr the barbarian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow that's amazing, great find, I remember that show , seems they were right on track, like prophets (profits) wrote the show to instruct the kids then who are young adults now~ awesome(thanks)

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Who would read that kind of story to a kid before bed?
Juat sayin'.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
A pole shift would be near instantaneous and the only thing it would effect are compasses, birds, and other things that use the magnetic pole for navigation.
The Earth would not wobble, nor would it tip. The moon balances the Earth, it would prevent that from happening. The poles have no say on the position of the Earth.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If the video had anything to do with pole shift, it would show more devastation, in the end, are we the human race going to believe the Govenrments, after being told so many lies.

That is the question!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
macedoniaonline.eu...
Russians order Flight Changes, after Massive Magnetic Shift downs Airliners...

Though Western scientist assert that the formation of this new ocean is not likely to be finished for millions of years, Russian scientists state, unequivocally, that due to the Suns current unprecedented Deep Solar Minimum, our Earth is in danger of being, literally, “ripped apart”, at the worst, or nearing a “total pole reversal” due to an as yet unexplained, but extremely powerful, gravitational force emanating from the outer reaches of our Solar System that some researchers state is the mysterious Planet X, and which many believe to be a large brown dwarf and known to the ancient peoples of Earth as Nibiru, and called by the name of Wormwood in the Christian Bible.

Russian scientists further warn that the West’s “obsession” with manmade Global Warming is a deliberately designed propaganda effort to shield their peoples from the fact that not only our Earth, but all of the planets in our Solar System are currently undergoing rapid warming, and as proved, beyond all doubt, by Doctor Scientist Habibullo Abdussamatov, head of space research at St. Petersburg's Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia, when in 2007 he released his findings that for the previous 3 years the ice caps of Mars have been melting at an unprecedented rate.

And, as reported by one, of many, dissident Western news sites, “Photographs of the merging of two red spots on Jupiter, evidence of warming on Neptune's largest moon Triton, warming on Pluto that is "puzzling scientists" and, of course, the already documented warming trend on Mars all add up to convincing evidence for increased solar activity across the entire solar system.”

To the most chilling parts of these reports on the current instability of the African Tectonic Plate are those Russian scientists who assert, that, should a powerful enough gravitational force be exerted upon this region [such as that which would occur in our Earth’s presence with a Planet X type body], it would cause this plate to be subsumed with the Atlantic and Indian Oceans completely covering what is now known as the African Continent, and further cause a corresponding rise of what were known to the ancient peoples as the Continents of Atlantis in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and Lemuria in the Indian and Pacific Oceans.

Interesting to note about these current events is that the most documented psychic of 20th century America, Edgar Cayce, predicted that both Atlantis and Lemuria would arise again during the ending of our Earth’s present age, and which many in the World currently believe will be in 2012 as predicted by the Mayan Calendar.

I'm going to sift through the many weeks of research I did on this earlier. The above article was interesting because although the source may not be an extremely reputable, they're mentioning scientific research that was done and published. So I am going to include this and spend a few days digging up the research.

One of the papers I read was a Harvard publication. That one was interesting because the author was obviously in the astroid camp, and kept bringing up all the research and positions from various sides, before saying, that there wasnt enough evidence in his opinion and then concluding his own opinion. However, what was valuable in that was the number of known scientists named and their positions, on different mass extinction events, and causes.

So.....while forums may get into debates, its kind of ironic that scientists do the same debates. And yet, the bases are being built and pushed for a 2011 completion date. I was told that these bases are going to house up to 14%of the world's population, the nuki PTB and their "specimens". Sufficient to say, I don't recommend anyone joining them. We need to get on top of things before its too late, and get together, united.

There are actions we can take and ways to change this. I believe sub atomic particles are influenced by consciousness, and thought creates.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

The video alludes to coastal disasters and lands being submerged though they're doing so under the "umbrella" of CO2, well of course the taxes are funding those bases in part I think. However, to actually come out and give this scenario is a very serious statement from any Government body.

The two processes are pole meltdowns, and pole reversals. Both if completed would see various countries and portions of others submerged completely. Later I'm going to find the maps as well, there were 2, one was worse than the other.

I think its quite a strong statement for the government to bring up submerged land masses in an ad campaign and we need to pay attention to what is really being said.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

I'm going to be spending days digging up the research I've already done, but there are scientists that would disagree with that, and many pole shifts are linked to swift ice ages.
The thing I can't determine is why earth tips, though it is a wheel, and this is a process connected with the core.

And, one of the interesting things is that its been 780,000 years roughly since we had one, though they come on average every 200,000 years. Now I was told that this has been stopped in the past, though another said was unstoppable. But there is also records in the magma of that exact thing happening. Appparently, they have aborted in the past and suddenly reversed back to their positions again. This is what I mean by the process can be a lion or a lamb and I believe that by changing our apathy into responsible protest and standing up to the worlds mismanagement team, we can make changes, and pull together, demand disclosure, and seek to heal earth.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well the first research I found was the reports of the Russian Scientists talking about our entire solar system warming up. While this may not prove their CO2 theory, it still does make pole meltdowns and perhaps speed up pole shifts, more likely. Also I really want to know why its warming up?

There are several conspiracies, and some are scientific theories. Nemesis is a scientific theory brought up about our sun being in a binary system, though its counterpart wouldn't enter our solar system, it wouldn't have to. If it passed close enough to disturb the Oort cloud and sends energy along with meteors and comets our way, we'd still be in danger.
Also, I can't remember the article but apparently there was a star that was looking close to supernova, that seemed to be pointing towards earth like a canon. And another was scientific speculation about energy being released from the galaxies center, which corresponds to the Mayan cosmic snakes.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Photographs from Nasa's orbiting spacecraft Mars Global Surveyor show recently formed craters and gullies.

The agency's scientists also say that deposits of frozen carbon dioxide near the planet's south pole have shrunk for three summers in a row.

They say this is evidence to suggest climate change is in progress.

www.geocities.com...

This is the Russian perspective on earth changes.

Hard facts that are going unreported in America.

The atmospheres of the planets are changing Dr. Dmitriev's work shows that the planets themselves are changing. They are undergoing changes in their atmospheres.

For example the Martian atmosphere is getting sizably thicker than it was before. The Mars observer probe in 1997 lost one of its mirrors, which caused it to crash, because the atmosphere was about twice as dense as they calculated, and basically the wind on that little mirror was so high that it blew it right off the device.

Earth's moon is growing an atmosphere Also, the moon is growing an atmosphere that's made up of a compound Dmitriev refers to as ''Natrium. ''Dmitriev says that, around the moon, there is this 6,000-kilometre-deep layer of Natrium that wasn't there before.

And we're having this kind of change in Earth's atmosphere in the upper levels, where HO gas is forming that wasn't there before; it simply did not exist in the quantity that it does now. It's not related to global warming and it's not related to CFCs or fluorocarbon emissions or any of that stuff. It's just showing up.

Magnetic fields and brightness of the planets are changing. The planets are experiencing sizable changes in their overall brightness. Venus, for example, is showing us marked increases in its overall brightness. Jupiter has gotten to have such a high energetic charge that there is actually a visible tube of ionising radiation that's formed between its moon, Io. You can actually see the luminous energy tube in photographs that have been taken more lately.

And the planets are having a change in their fields.

The magnetic fields are becoming stronger.

Jupiter's magnetic field has more than doubled. Uranus's magnetic field is changing. Neptune's magnetic field is increasing. These planets are becoming brighter. Their magnetic field strength is getting higher. Their atmospheric qualities are changing.

Uranus and Neptune appear to have had recent pole shifts. When the Voyager 2 space probe flew past Uranus and Neptune, the apparent north and south magnetic poles were sizeably offset from where the rotational pole was. In one case, it was 50 degrees off, and in the other case the difference was around 40 degrees, both of which are pretty big changes.

The overall changes could essentially be broken down into three categories: Energy field changes, luminosity changes, and atmospheric changes.

Overall volcanic activity has increased 500 percent since 1975 On the Earth, we're seeing the changes even more completely.

For example, Michael Mandeville has done research that has shown that the overall volcanic activity on the Earth since 1875 has increased by roughly 500 percent. The overall earthquake activity has increased by 400 percent just since 1973.

Natural disasters increased 410 percent between 1963 and 1993 Dr. Dmitriev did a very elaborate calculation of natural disasters. He showed that if you compare the years 1963 through 1993, the overall amount of natural disasters of all different kinds - whether you are talking hurricanes, typhoons, mud slides, tidal waves, you name it - have increased by 410 percent.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
www.iceagenow.com...

This link shows a cart of ice ages corresponding to magnetic pole reversals.

* That there is a link between magnetic reversals and ice ages is undeniable.

* At least twelve magnetic reversals can be linked to glaciation during the last three million years alone.

* A magnetic reversal about three million years ago marked the onset of glaciation. A magnetic reversal about two million years ago marked the onset of glaciation. And yet another reversal about one million years ago marked the onset of glaciation.

* The Jaramillo magnetic reversal maked the onset of glaciation, as did the Brunhes magnetic reversal.

* The Biwa I, Biwa II, Biwa III, and Blake (at the end Eemian) magnetic reversals coincided with glaciation, and so did the Lake Mungo, Mono Lake, and Gothenburg magnetic reversals (or excursions).

* Many of those catastrophic cooling episodes, says Michael Rampino of NASA, may have actually been triggered by the magnetic reversal (or excursion).

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This link shows that scientists have different theories and sit in different camps. But studying these things are serious. In this case the whole article is not available, but I do want to demonstrate that this isn't being debated by new agers, but by scientists. And the year 1983 was when those bases started being constructed. There were some interesting things related to that year.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

In NASA. Goddard Space Flight Center, Orbital, Rotational and Climatic Interactions p 59-65 (SEE N93-18962 06-46)

There have been speculations on the relationship between climatic cooling and polarity reversals of the earth's magnetic field during the Pleistocene. Two of the common criticisms on this relationship have been the reality of these short duration geomagnetic events and the accuracy of their dates. Champion et al. (1988) have reviewed recent progress in this area. They identified a total of 10 short-duration polarity events in the last 1 Ma and 6 of these events have been found in volcanic rocks, which also have K-Ar dates. Supposing that the speculated relationship between climatic cooling and geomagnetic reversals actually exist, two mechanisms that assume climatic cooling causes short period magnetic reversals will be investigated. These two methods are core-mantle boundary topography and transfer of the rotational energy to the core.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
adsabs.harvard.edu...

There have been known moments when the poles have reverted back again, failed attempts to establish the pole reversal, and they are known as excursions.

Title: Reversals o fthe earth's magnetic field
Author: Jacobs, J.A.
Journal: Royal Astromical Society, Quarterly Journal (ISSN 0034-8738), vol. 27, Sept. 1986, pl 328-350.

EXCURSIONS

In additon to polarity changes,the Earth's magnetic field has often departed for brief periods from its usual near-axialconfiguration, without establishing, and perhaps no even instantaneously approaching, a reversed direction. This type of behavior has been called a geomanetic excursion or aborted reversal. Geomagnetic exceurions have been reported in lava flows of vaious ages in differend parts of the world from deep-sea and lake sediments. Excusrsions are generally observed to commenece with a sudden and often smooth movement of the poles towards equatorial latitudes. The pole may then return almost immediately, or it may cross teh equaotr and move throuh latitudes in the opposite hemisphere before swinging back again to resume a near axial position.

Also from the same page, there is discussion of magnetic pole reversals linked to ice ages as this is one of the theories.

Doake (1977,1978) has suggested a connection between ice ages and reversals of the Erath's maneetic field. He argued that the moment of inertia of the EArth will change by variations in the size of polar ice sheets and the resluitng redistribution o f water masses. To conserve angular momentum, the Earth's rate of roatation must also change. He then suggested that the generation mechaanism of the eEarth's magnetic fieldmay e affected by changing conditions at the MCB. Although such a resuslt seems plausible, conclusive evidence for a correlation between glacial periods and changes in the magnetic field is hard to obtain....

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
www.rialian.com...

Prediction No. 9 (1983): In chapter 3 of his dissertation, LaViolette proposed that geomagnetic reversals are induced by solar cosmic ray storms. He proposed that at times when invading cosmic dust causes the Sun to become very active and engage in continual flaring activity, major solar outbursts could occur that are a thousand times more intense than those currently observed. Further he proposed that solar cosmic rays from such a mega flare could impact the Earth's magnetosphere, become trapped there to form storm-time radiation belts, and generate an equatorial ring current producing a magnetic field opposed to the Earth's. If sufficiently intense, this ring current magnetic field could cancel out the Earth's own field and flip the residual magnetic field pole to an equatorial location. >From this position it could later either recover or adopt a reversed polarity. He proposed that this geomagnetic excursion would be very rapid, occurring in a matter of days.

Verification (1989 - 95): Geophysicists reported their analysis of a geomagnetic reversal recorded in the Steens Mountain lava formation, conclusively demonstrating that during this reversal the Earth's magnetic pole changed direction as fast as 8 degrees per day. This overthrew the conventional geocentric view which could not account for such rapid changes with internal motions of the Earth's core dynamo. It confirmed Dr. LaViolette's mechanism of rapid change.

Concordance (1995): Unaware of LaViolette's publications, two French geophysicists published a paper that sought to explain the Steens Mountain polarity reversal as being due to a solar cosmic ray cause. Their mechanism was the same as that which LaViolette had proposed 6 years before the Steens Mountain discovery. Their independent arrival at the same idea is evidence of parallel idea development and consensus with LaViolette's earlier theory.

Radiocarbon Date Anomalies - prevailing concept (1983): At the time of this proposal, the idea that anomalously young radiocarbon dates might be produced by intense solar cosmic ray bombardments had not been suggested. Such young dates were thought to be due to sample contamination with younger carbon having a higher C-14 content.

Laviolette has done some really good research and is a prolific writer. There is quite a lot of information on is work, which I think really strongly coincides as to why the bases where built to begin with.

His basic work is erruptions from the center or core of the galaxy, and it makes me wonder what Iras did pick up in 1983 that was reported in the Washington Post.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I just found this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
Earth's pole reversal mimicked in lab

That discusses similuations and a link posted on this was very interesting.

www.americanchronicle.com...
Earth's crust and poles wander, drift and shift: Dangerous days ahead?

Have the Earth's frozen poles wandered, drifted or shifted in the ancient past?

Has the planet's outer crust moved, a little or a lot, millions or even thousands of years ago?

Was the continent of Antarctica always at the South Pole and covered by ice?

These types of questions have been the subject of much research and speculation. The ideas of crustal movement over the fluid layer of molten rock that lies beneath the hard surface layer of our planet have been called "true polar wander," "pole drift," "pole shift" and "crustal displacement."

The concept of pole wander and drift was the subject of a scientific research paper in the September-October edition of the Geological Society of America Bulletin.

A geological team led by Princeton University´s Adam Maloof and Galen Halverson of Paul Sabatier University in Toulouse, France, claims that our planet did experience a significant pole rebalancing approximately 800 million years ago.

Part of their research involved testing magnetic minerals within ancient rocks located in the sediment in Norway.

Maloof and Halverson claim that the North Pole has shifted more than 50 degrees (approximately about the distance between the equator and Alaska) in less than 20 million years.

WHEN? HOW OFTEN? HOW FAST?

Much of the debate about these "Earth changes" concepts involves the amount of wander, drift or shift and how long ago it may have occurred.

This actually seems to coincide with certain locations being warm and cold and changing, not just magnetically.

and

Frozen animals unearthed from under snow and ice have been found with tropical plants in their stomachs.

Variations on pole shift theories include speculation that as Earth revolves in its orbit around the sun, year after year, century after century, it slightly changes its angle along the way. It tilts on its axis a little bit more and more, and this is simply a natural process.

The natural pole shift theory includes views that Earth periodically gets to a point when this tilt becomes so heavy that momentum suddenly shifts the outer crust of the Earth off its previous axis. The outer crust slides and shifts over the fluid molten layer beneath.

But, instead of happening over hundreds of millions of years, it happens suddenly and dramatically over a period of days, weeks and months, some researchers speculate.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
"Pole shift" is a wildly different thing from "geomagnetic reversal", which is what you're talking about. Pole shift is when the tilt of a planet is changed through gravitational influence, collision with a sizable object, etc.

More importantly, though, there are lots of facts (not rumors, suppositions or inferences) about geomagnetic reversal that you need to understand. I suggest reading the articles at UniverseToday.com, specifically this one:

www.universetoday.com...

Their whole "2012 is a load of crap" series is really good, and I strongly suggest reading all of the articles here:

www.universetoday.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join