It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members -- you got some 'splainin' to do!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by valiant
I also chose it because when I was a kid in the early 90s there was a cartoon called 'the legend of prince valiant' set in the time of king arthur which I obsessed over.

Oh, yea, I remember those wonderful cartoons, man. They were great and I always read them and they were my favorite.

Whatever happened to them? It's a shame that they don't seem to be published anymore. Chivalry and valiance is passe, I guess.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

...but I do have opinions that I believe matter ..which is why I did not just keep reading I just had to post too (Took TWO years though lol)

Hi Simplynoone,

Nice explanation and, yes, your opinions do matter. To me, you are Simply Some One! You matter and you have value to all of us on Earth.

And living in Alaska! Man, I envy you, but I live in a place that is sort of similar, in the sense of being a wild, cold country -- I live at Lake Tahoe and it's really beautiful up here.

It recently rained heavily -- usually it snows -- so the surrounding mountaintops are now covered with the first dusting of snow for the season, though it'll melt away completely until the next snow; in a month, it'll all be snow-covered for the entire fall/winter/spring season, so I'll finally get a chance to be at a place that is surrounded by snow-covered mountains.

Before I moved here, I had lived in the Sierra Nevada mtns, which itself is very beautiful, but not so dramatically as up here at Tahoe.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
When I signed up I didn't have anything in mind so when user name came up I do what I always do when I need a password and looked around the room. Seen a beeswax candle and thought there it is. Changed the spelling a little just because I liked it better that way and added the es to sort of denote that I'm paying attention. As in the slang Mind you own beeswax(business).

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
To all of you -- thank you for explaining your handles and avatars; many of them are beautiful and unique. I just love that.

I wish that this thread was in ATS, though, dammit. I did post in ATS first, but it got quickly shifted and I protested, to no avail, as it would not get as much exposure here in BTS as it would get in ATS. Ugh!

And I really do like handles and avatars -- so many of your handles and avatars are so intriguing, beautiful and expressive. There are very few avatars that I don't like, so HATS OFF to those of you who choose/create awesome avatars.

And, if you can, please let others know about this thread, so they can post explanations of their handles and avatars. I'm going to edit my original post to ask people to also explain their avatars, as they are just as fascinating as their handles. I'll someday create my own avatar, but I have to find someone who is talented enough to create it for me. I know exactly what I want.

Hey, I think that I'll put this thread url in my signature line -- that way people can come here and do some 'splainin' of their own handles and avatars.

Again, thank you all and please tell others to get their virtual butts in here and do some 'splainin'!

~Mozart

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

So, please do some 'splainin', if you wish.

Sheesh, I could not edit my original post, sheesh.

Ok, what I also want to know is what your avatars mean and why you chose/created them. So many of them are so beautiful and expressive, so it would be neat if you could do some 'splainin' about those as well.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Hi Historical ... I have seen Lake Tahoe as well ... (its amazingly beautiful) just like Alaska ....and thanks for the kind words ...

To the OP..... Lonegunman made my avatar ..he is very good with making avatars

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
One day, many years ago, I was feeling particularly lonely and disgusted with the world. I closed my eyes and thought as hard as I could "If there is life out there, please let me know." The next day, I had almost forgotten about it when a word popped into my head. It was "Fomalhaut".
At the time, I hadn't read any of Philip K. Dick's books. This was also prior to the discovery of planets orbiting Fomalhaut.

[edit on 10/17/2009 by fomalhaut]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
My avatar/name reflects my experiences in the oil field manufacturing industry, although I wasn't a certified red seal journeyman (welder, pipefitter).

I did however gain some knowledge about the different procedures and constructing of the various refining and extraction technologies used around world and right here at home.

I'm not actively employed in that field anymore because of the downturn in the economy.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
My name is a bit obscure and a little metaphorical, it is in relation to the desease 'sickle cell anemia' where the blood cells have a C or sickle shape.
One of the characteristics of the desease are the blood cells dont move easily thorough the blood vessels, they tend to get stuck and clump in blood vessels, causing infection and organ damage.

Almost everwhere i go in the real world i unintentially question, argue with and disrupt the normal order in things around me.
So i am a sickle cell in the societal blood vessel, alone i can cause very little harm but if and when there are more 'sickle cells', we will clog the blood vessels and destroy this societal organ MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

..ahem.. well.. it makes sense to me.

EDIT to explain avatar: My avatar was chosen simply because i like the s10 gas mask, well, i like masks in general but the gas mask is my favourite.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by sicklecell]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join