It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members -- you got some 'splainin' to do!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ok, ATS members, I put this thread in the "Alternative Personalities" because it is rather appropriate for this topic, which about the handles/names of the ATS members that do reflect their alternative personalities, don't cha think?

I've always been intrigued with the handles that people choose, as they are often little windows into their alternative souls, if you will.

In my short time here so far (I do wish that I had joined ATS a LONG time ago), I've come to appreciate the sheer amount of information on this board, the brilliance of some of the posters, the insights of many of the posters and the amusement of many of the funny and insightful posts that I have seen.

I have been amused as much as I have been moved.

In short, ATS is a great place that is, I can honestly say, the best and most-balanced forum on the net, in terms of moderation. The sheer volume of the posts is astounding, so the moderators -- with the help of the ATS members themselves -- are doing a superb job in the management of this gigantic forum.

Ok, on to the point of this thread: your ATS handle.

What does your ATS handle mean? Care to share?

Please post a brief 'splainin' about your ATS handle and why you chose it. There are many fascinating ATS handles out there, but many of them are not that self-explanatory, so some 'splainin' by those of you who care to share, would be fun to see.

So, please do some 'splainin', if you wish.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Historical-Mozart]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

Ok, I do the first 'splainin'.

My handle, "Historical-Mozart" was chosen because I have a direct connection to the real historical Mozart in a past-life connection, as explained in my first post to ATS, to wit:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I won't 'splain the nature of the connection, but it is real, hence my ATS handle of said name. I did want just "Mozart", but that handle was already taken, hence the "Historical-Mozart" handle.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Historical-Mozart]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Mine is pretty easy to figure out, among other things, most of my life was spent under the hoods of cars. I drove them, built them for people, customized them, chopped them, channelled them, hot rodded them, and crashed them. I have personally owned over 500 of them, and wish I had a few of these back today, especially the 1954 Mercury Sun Valley with the glass half roof. Or the 1966 Chevelle SS with the 455 Stage 2 Big Block Olds engine with duel carbs and race cam. Or the 1948 slammed Buick Fastback with the Caddy engine....

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This belongs in BTS, but, my username, Cuhail, is the name of the Renaissance Faire character I am all summer long. Cuhail McMurphy.

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If you have a literary education, then you will know the source of my handle. If you could see me, you'd understand one of the reasons I chose it. LOL

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Mine is because I was playing alot of drums at the time.(I am usually a guitar player but not limited to)
The Mr. Rocknroll thing under my name is there for 2 reasons.
The first is that I play alot of instruments so thats me patting myself on the back for getting this far.I've gigged as a bassplayer a drummer and a guitar player.
Second is because I sometimes have no limits when being naughty.

For instance,if I said what I did last night I would end up having this post removed....and no its not drug related.
At least I have another story for my buddies to live vicariously thru me. When I told them what I did last night they just laugh and laugh and shake their heads.
Thats me.

Nice to bump into you again HM.
Cheers.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I chose mine after seeing a lovely big, orange moon one night and finding out it was called a harvest moon. So not much of a reflection of who I am there. But it does fit my personality to some extent.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
"intrepid" Onelook dictionary:

adjective: invulnerable to fear or intimidation

www.onelook.com...

The Wolverine persona is because he's Canadian, tough and he gives a #.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Avatar + username = self explanatory.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well im sure you know what valiant means?

apart from the obvious meaning I also chose it because when I was a kid in the early 90s there was a cartoon called 'the legend of prince valiant' set in the time of king arthur which I obsessed over.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I just thought it was interesting lore...

Skadi

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Mine is kinda boring..but I chose mine because people have always said how sweet I am, and I found that sometimes being sweet, people take advantage of you. So therefore, I decide that if I had a name like Notsosweet, people would look past the sweet thing and see the other sides of me.

I hope that made sense...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I chose mine because beforw I became a member on ATS I read some stuff that totally freaked me out . The 190 is because I worked at Del Taco #190 forever when I was a teenager. everyone knew me from that fast food place and it has just stuck ever since.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
My friends have called me Zazz for years, and on formal occasions they introduce me as Zazzafrazz or Zazz of the Frazz, or Ms Frazz.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Designation = Tribe

Type = Wilder

And that's all I have to say about that.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f2c76aa4311.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Cool I have always wondered about this too ..

And now I get to explain my handle which I bet has been misunderstood by some ..

Almost everyone here thinks they are gods (I do not believe you are neither am I ) also almost everyone here lacks HUMILITY .due to the fact that they have no need to be humble because hey they are gods right ?(Wrong) .......(which is why I came up with I AM SIMPLYNOONE) .........also ....I felt intimidated for two years as I read because there really is alot of knowledge here (scientific etc) I am not as educated as most of you are (9th grade drop out and lived very sheltered in Alaska for the first 12 years of my life) ...when I finally signed up to post here I decided that I would at least let it be known to the someones out there (the high and might supposed gods) that I am SIMPLY NO ONE that mattered and wanted to just lay low (sorry I couldnt stay there though lol I had to post and ended up posting till I got way more attention than I wanted ) ....I may not be really smart (Im simple minded) but I do have opinions that I believe matter ..which is why I did not just keep reading I just had to post too (Took TWO years though lol)

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Mine's a combination of:

A parody of the reptillian shape shifter stuff and this:

www.youtube.com...

.... Well you did ask.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I like Merigolds.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
stillalive is the song ost of the game mirrors edge,a one of a kind piece of artmaking you feel like your doing the parkour on top of city skyscrapers by yourself,and the song is just perfect

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
mblahnikluver is short for Manolo Blahnik lover. Manolo Blahnik is a shoe designer. I have had that as my hotmail account for years and I thought it would be easiest to remember and well I love Manolo Blahnik's... Manolo Blahnik's designs became insanely popular and sought after esp after the series "sex and the city" came out. Although I heard that in the 2nd movie they will use Louboutins because Mr. Manolo himself does not like how the cost has sky rocketed when his intent was for his shoes to be made well, fit well, look sexy and be readily available to the career woman. After that show and movie, some shoes have become insanely hard to get or have doubled or tripled in price. Example...for those who know the show, the silver d-orsay's that were stolen at the party where she HAD to take them off...Those were originally $400 before the episode aired, after that they went to almost $900 dollars, some on Ebay went for $2000! This happened with other shoes as well and it turns out Manolo doesnt like this too much. He has said this is not what he wanted to happen..Well I have to like him even more for it! The things he has said about feet and shoes and women and now this, well this is why he is my favorite designer and why I have always used MBLAHNIKLUVER as a username or SN...
Ok wow I went on for a bit...oops!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/23d6f2a002a2.jpg[/atsimg]

shoes are my weakness

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join