It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 year old boy riding in a flying saucer shaped balloon over Colorado

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Just something interesting I noticed-CNN.com just updated their story to remove the quote about it being a "home-made flying saucer".

Curious....

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It's live on BBC News now in the United Kingdom.

Poor child ... fingers crossed he'll come through unscathed.

link   

Originally posted by vip867
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Im watching CNN, I really wish they wouldnt say stuuf like that. The way the balloon is floating it sure looks unstable and bounceing around like there isnt much weight under the balloon. I hope that this doesnt turn out to be a hoax. But I really hope that the boy didnt fallout.

I don't like the looks of that collapsed side.

link   
totally deflated on one side

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well this may be geting intresting. They are talking about sending a helicoptor, and having a guy repel down and attach weights to the balloon or something.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Man, this is crazy, they don't know if the kid's in there or fell out. There's got to be some kind of visual technology where they can look in and see if he's in there or not?

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
said on MSNBC that the reason its wobbling alot at times is because the kid is moving around, making it wobble

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Listening on my Police Scanner on my BBerry Bold.

The parents have to feel mighty bad right now. May God be with their family.

There's really no way to do anything?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

I'll bet they said Air National Guard

link   
What I want to know is, with the trillions spent on military, homeland security, and 250 million dollar planes. How is it they can't bring down a 20 foot balloon?

So does this mean if a terrorist wants to hit a city they can just use a hot air balloon?

I know they are trying to not kill the child, but I am sure they have practised keeping the perp alive sessions too.

link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
said on MSNBC that the reason its wobbling alot at times is because the kid is moving around, making it wobble

That's good to hear then he is still in there and moving?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I'm sure I heard International Guard and it surprised me because police spokespersons are usually trained for these types of situations.

Anyway. Its not important.

The safety of the kid is paramount.

Best case scenario is he jumped out earlier and is okay.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
They have not confirmed that the kid is definately in the balloon.

I pray hes alright.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
What I want to know is, with the trillions spent on military, homeland security, and 250 million dollar planes. How is it they can't bring down a 20 foot balloon?

So does this mean if a terrorist wants to hit a city they can just use a hot air balloon?

I know they are trying to not kill the child, but I am sure they have practised keeping the perp alive sessions too.

Oh, taking it down is not a problem...hell, one sniper can take it down real quick.

there is however one slight problem with that........

link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

I guarantee bringing it down is not a problem-it's the life of the 6 year old that makes it tough.

The compartment is supposedly made of plywood-not exactly build to withstand a crash...

link   
WOW its getting lower, pray.

link   
COMING IN FOR LANDING!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I don't know if the military/police practice a "take down the homemade UFO without killing the occupants" drill very often. This whole situation is an oddity of sorts.

link   
Oh boy, CNN just made the Roswell connection.

Peace

link   
Hopefully we will find out that the kid was never in there and is just hideing ccause he was scared that he lost his dads prized ufo balloon. Would really be the best case. Also its down to 400ft.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join