It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 year old boy riding in a flying saucer shaped balloon over Colorado

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
on the news now...so if your in Colorado, dont bother calling Mufon...

meanwhile, what a disaster...I wonder how it will end.

one of many sources here

Turn on the TV (msnbc is showing it live...)

one final comment...pretty cool design.

Update:
Saucer shaped balloon landed, was empty, kid missing as of 3:50pm EST

Update again: Boy found at his home. nothing to see here folks, carry on (if the mod could kindly send me to skunkworks where I can live with my friends now)
[edit on 15-10-2009 by SaturnFX]

[edit on 15-10-2009 by SaturnFX]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
the more I look at this, the more I suspect that the father was building this to perpetuate a ufo hoax...alot of the design is, what appears, unnecessary and so one has to wonder why they designed it that way.

if thats the case, there is a certain amount of karma involved here, just sucks the 6 year old is in there

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm watchin it on my phone. I've never seen anything like this before.

It's a big silver disc that he's trapped in? who owns a balloon like that? Is this a UFO hoax gone all wrong?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
I'm watchin it on my phone. I've never seen anything like this before.

It's a big silver disc that he's trapped in? who owns a balloon like that? Is this a UFO hoax gone all wrong?

I suspect it is...the design is pretty specific. there is a basket wrapped in silver material...currently at 10k" high and losing helium..

the father knew the son was in the basket and was fiddling with the tethers when it basically got away...so, someone may be in trouble here once its all said and done. criminal neglect or some such.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

i was thinking the same thing, but screw karma, this aint no karma for a ufo hoax. this a total tragedy. No one deserves to be in there, especially some 6 year old kid. I'll be extremely impressed if he gets out of this one.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I'm reading that he's at only 2000 or so feet.

I mean how the hell are they gonna catch that thing, I'm watching it and wow!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
he is 6, I am frankly just waiting for him to crawl out and fall from being freaked out and no longer wanting to be in there.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206

I'm reading that he's at only 2000 or so feet.

I mean how the hell are they gonna catch that thing, I'm watching it and wow!

He keeps hitting updrafts and downdrafts that are pushing it all over the place.

donno how they can possibly get ahold of this...but what sucks about this (not just the circumstances) is that this might cause issues with people tinkering with flying ma

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
this is incredible

an astronaut in training

news is now saying the boy and his dad were practicing hovering and it became detached

they think it will stay aloft for another 5 hours

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
CNN just said that a man had built his own FLYING SAUCER shaped balloon and the kid climbed inside it.

Man, that thing is moving fast! Holy Crap!

I hope this child is okay. It's really spinning and rocking.

I only hope it lands slow enough for him to escape injury. This looks really scary right now.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Colorado Springs and Albuquerque, NM have balloon festivals every year. You should see some of the beautiful and bizarre shaped balloons the have.

From pieces of toast, to sneakers, to cartoon characters, anything goes...

I'm not surprised to see a shape like this one.

FWIW...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Wild you beat me to it, pray.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Watch live here:

Live Video

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm watching it now too. first thing I thought was this was supposed to be a ufo hoax. I've always felt that UFO hoaxes should be made illegal. Fraud, whatever fits. Now maybe something will be done to prevent this from happening.

They were talking about sending out helicopters with a net. As scary as this may be, I feel the outcome will be ok.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
this was probably going to be a fake UFO plot because ive never seen anything look like this before.. looks like a big mushroom. there doesnt look like theres any glass to look out from inside of it either... strange

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
That poor little boy, I'm watching it live and my prayers are going out to him. I hope that he will be ok.

I think the father should be shot for even letting his child into an "experimental" aircraft

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
fox news is on the phone with a guy who owns a air balloon company and he said he has never seen a balloon like this before....

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
the sun beating on the silver will also keep it up there longer...seems to be filling up (helium expanding?)...might be flying until night..hopefully it wont go up higher, else the kid is gonna have trouble breathing and potentially pop the balloon if it gets too hot

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

They were talking about sending out helicopters with a net. As scary as this may be, I feel the outcome will be ok.

thats an excellent idea

i wonder if any agencies practice rescues/captures of that sort

they were also speculating about a controlled deflation by puncturing it

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
wow hope this kid makes it!
www.thedenverchannel.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join