It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Teen Dies After Catching Swine Flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

The 17-year-old, who was from the Scottish Borders, has not yet been named. When she contracted influenza A (H1N1), she was already pregnant, which makes women more likely to face difficulties related to the virus. Following the death, Scotland's Health Secretary Nicola Sturgeon urged all pregnant women to get vaccinated to protect themselves and their babies. She said: "The death of this young mother-to-be and her baby is deeply saddening and my thoughts are with her family and friends." "Medical experts have been telling us that pregnant women are more vulnerable to developing complications after contracting the virus.Source

So is this more fear tactics aimed at pregnant women or is H1N1 really as bad as they say, you know full well now this news is out more and more pregnant women will be rushing to the clinic to get there H1N1 vaccine. If this vaccine is going to save lives then I am 100% behind the vaccine, however Medical experts in the UK are saying "Is this vaccine really safe" as there has been little testing done.

This news really concerns me as my sister only just found out she was pregnant last week, In the UK they are really pushing this vaccine towards pregnant women. I don't want my sister to die of H1N1 and I sure don't want to see her or her child suffer from any Neurological Diseases.

Other News from the UK is also "Swine Flu Cases on the rise" In Scotland they are saying ...The latest figures for Scotland reveal the number of community samples that tested positive for H1N1 has increased to 29.3 per cent from 16.4 per cent last week.

I would just like to finish saying my heart goes out to the family of the Girl and her child to be, R.I.P

[edit on 15-10-2009 by NotAgain]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Not that I'm pregnant, wrong gender and all. But I got my seasonal flu shot this past Monday at my doctor's office. I asked the nurse giving me the shot when they were expecting the H1N1 immunizations to arrive, and she told me Colorado is only allotted 50,000 doses, so none may be released for the general populace. She said that won't even cover the healthcare workers in CO.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

I am pregnant and I just got over the swine flu. My entire family (husband, all children, brother, sister in law, & niece) all had it.

I am in college for natural medicine and treated everyone naturally without Tamiflu and I am fine.

My husband was the worst of us all because he already had bronchitis that had just started to heal when we caught this. His was touch and go for about 8 hours because of trouble breathing. But I certainly got him through it...without the vaccine, without the Tamiflu, and without going to the hospital.

new topics

join