It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asylum seekers declare hunger strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

The group's spokesman, Alex, said all 222 men and women on board the rickety cargo boat would refuse food until a Western country, such as Australia, promised to resettle them.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

What??

I don't get how people can just expect to leave their country illegally on a boat, and then think other countries have to settle them and pay for everything along the way...

So now they refuse to eat until we settle them in our country and give them houses and jobs and food ??

The way this is going the entire middle east and africa will have no people left because they are all coming into our countries!

And then in the end our western countries will be turned into 3rd world #holes just like their countries, infested with crime, disease, murder, rape and everything else.

I have no issue with qualified and skilled immigration.

But asylum seekers need to be turned away, they bring no value to any country, they simply add to crime statistics.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkitzoFrenic
What??

I don't get how people can just expect to leave their country illegally on a boat, and then think other countries have to settle them and pay for everything along the way...

Have you considered that these people who try to come to Australia, come here on false pretenses? Or that their lives are so bad that they are willing to give everything away and leave their home country because the risk of drowning or being locked up in a foreign country is better than staying where they are.

So now they refuse to eat until we settle them in our country and give them houses and jobs and food ??

Well a couple of days ago they threatened to set fire to their boat if they didn't get their way, bear in mind the boat was full of children. There's really no way to condone such a thing but it shows just how desperate they really are.

The way this is going the entire middle east and africa will have no people left because they are all coming into our countries!

And then in the end our western countries will be turned into 3rd world #holes just like their countries, infested with crime, disease, murder, rape and everything else.

But asylum seekers need to be turned away, they bring no value to any country, they simply add to crime statistics.

Who says that these asylum seekers aren't skilled?
Who says a skilled immigrant won't rape or steal?

It's all conjecture I'm afraid, there's no hard evidence to support your claims.

Want to stop asylum seekers and illegal immigrants?
Stop the people smugglers, stop the tyranny that is forcing these innocent people to do what they're doing.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Oh the humanity...
Okay I agree that qualified and skilled people are worth more for our economy but people fleeing for their lives due to wars or other conflicts are perfectly entitled to claim asylum (imo)

But I do question why Australia, what's wrong with Indonesia? Are they going to be persecuted there? I somehow doubt it. And I don't appreciate anyone using emotional blackmail.

What's next?, we'll throw our kids overboard if you don't take us. Sorry I couldn't resist that one.

But seriously. If they had landed here then it's our problem, but in this instance they're perfectly safe where they are...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

No offence, but I couldn't resist pointing out the fact that white Australians were once Britain's "crime statistics". From what I can gather from my Australian friends on here, they turned out OK. Who is to say that these immigrants won't too?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by yizzel

They think Caucasians are pushovers.

top topics

join