It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The action was filed by the Second Amendment Foundation and the Montana Shooting Sports Association

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

In the second major front in the war over gun rights that has developed in just days, a lawsuit has been filed against U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder seeking a court order that the federal government stay out of the way of Montana's management of its own firearms.

The action was filed by the Second Amendment Foundation and the Montana Shooting Sports Association in U.S. District Court in Missoula, Mont., to validate the principles and terms of the Montana Firearms Freedom Act, which took effect today.

WND previously reported on the precedent-setting move taken over the course of recent months when the 2009 Montana Legislature approved the bill and the plan was signed into law by Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer.

The law provides guns and ammo made, sold and used in Montana would not require any federal forms; silencers made and sold in Montana would be fully legal and not registered; and there would be no firearm registration, serial numbers, criminal records check, waiting periods or paperwork required.

The idea is spreading quickly. Tennessee already has a similar law, and similar plans have been introduced in many other states.

An organization called the Firearms Freedom Act has created a map of such activity nationwide:

www.wnd.com...

Montana has already passed this law, and Tennessee passed a similar law. There have been several states where the law has been introduced, and I hope it passes.

This would be a great victory for the Americans who want the government to defend and uphold the Second Amendment, which is a guaranteed right given by the Constitution.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This is awesome and I hope my home state of Oklahoma gets on board with this idea. The only thing about this that bothers me is the question of why we have to circumvent the federal government in the first place.

They should be bowing to our wishes, not us playing their game and working around their rules.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

There are many people in government that want to give control of the U.S. over to the UN, and unfortunately most of the people nominated by President Obama are all advocates of such move, as well as the disarmament of American civilians, which is also a goal of the UN. For this reason have these people been trying to disarm American civilians, since it is easier to control people when they are not armed.

I do not advocate violence, unless it is for the defense of your life, or those you love, however even the forefathers of this nation saw it wise to give all Americans the right to own and bear arms, and these people in power who want to disarm us, have been working hard to circumvent the Constitution, and more so to abolish those rights that are guaranteed to all Americans.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I think the whole point of this measure is to keep government out of State business. Many States have legalized a certain herb, but the DEA, a government agency, still performs raids and arrests people. Our jails and prisons are full of non violent "criminals" who did nothing to hurt anyone. It is the same with guns. The Second Amendment gives each American the absolute right to own and carry weapons, and the government knows that they can do nothing to us if we are an armed citizenry. We all know what happens with a country gives over their weapons, take a good look at Poland. Personally, I think there should be a law that requires everyone to own a gun, and have it in the home at all times. I also think the States need to tell the Federals to stay the hell out, and stop trying to make policy in a place they have no authority.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Interesting, I hope this will be respected by the feds.
I will keep an eye on this matter, thanks.

top topics

join