It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Psychic Advice....Conflicted.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I have been trying to start a business for several years. However, I don't know what to do...I almost have too many choices and am too afraid of making the wrong choice. If there are any psychics out there on ATS that could guide me I would be forever in your debt.

I have dabbled in real estate, entrepreneurship, writing, pharmaceutical sales, journalism, etc....and at my age I haven't been able to land on a path. If you could help me I would appreciate it. Please don't tease me guys....I have ran out of options and I need to do it now....I am incapable of making the decision. I fear failure, I fear success, but with the economy where it is I want to be the captain of my own ship. Thank you for your consideration Psychics.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Play the stock market. Get penny stocks, and find a reliable company, maybe you know or heard of a pharmaceutical company that is about to release a new vaccine, or a new drug that helps people. Just examples. I know people who played penny stocks and got a lot of money in the future. Over 50,000 in most cases.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It sounds like your biggest enemy is procrastination. No undertaking should be launched from a place of fear. If your going to do it, do it, and know that it will work. Throw caution to the wind, and plunge in head first. Do it with passion, do it with desire, and know no matter what happens, the ship will never sink, not because of the economy, or the employee's, but because of you.

Do not think, but choose what feels right, and follow that path with all your being. If you still have a hard time choosing, remember, everyone is psychic, and no one will have a better vantage point than you. So think of every option played out, and choose what makes you happy.

A good excercise for you, or for anyone who wants a particular result.

When you have down time, no matter what time of day, imagine the life, and business that you strive to achieve, .... yet in your minds eye, fast forward six months, a year, five years, whenever, .... and see everything already played out the way you would like it. Imagine the life you will be leading, imagine the business deals your making over the phone, imagine the new car you drive, .... however do not want these things, .... but know they are already yours. See it all, drench yourself in this feeling, wear it as a suit, .... and live in the knowledge that these things are already yours, ......

and so shall it be.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
don't ask for psychic advice regarding your personal life because they will tell you what you want to hear, your going to chase after it, and chances are you will become unsatisfied in it, make your own path, your own decisions, you are an INDIVIDUAL!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
There are some tests that you can take that help you to determine the career choices that are right for you. I can't remember any of their names at the moment... one of them is particularly reknowned (maybe somebody here knows the name) and helps you to determine the answer based on your pesonality, goals, values, aptitudes, etc. You might look into taking one of these tests or speaking to a career counselor.

Obviously the "right" career will be different for every person...some people are more scientific, some more artistic; some more interested in job satisfaction, some in simply ploughing ahead and making money. Some people have families to support, some don't; some people have more mobility than others, etc etc.

Also, keep in mind that a job is a JOB, not a holiday. Probably 90% of human beings lucky enough to have a job aren't completely satisfied with what they do, but for those of us who aren't born billionaires, well, "that's life."

Also remember: these are particularly tough times for job seekers of all sorts. You will be facing lots of competition whatever you are doing. Try not to let it get you too discouraged or to take it too personally: millions are in the same boat. Given this, you might want to "lower" whatever standards you have for yourself...at least for the time being.

Hope this was helpful and best wishes for success.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This is no psychic advice, however it is an advice from person to person with good intention.

I do believe when you are afraid of making the right choices that you are not ready for starting your own business. However, not ready doesn't mean you'll never be ready.

Maybe you can consider working on your self confidence. Next to that in preparation of one day starting your own business you could start to take a course in the things that are relevant for having an own business (business structures/management/financial etc etc) or take the time to explore what your talents are.

I wish you the best of luck!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Deploy your own psychic abilities because everyone has them.

Here's my most often practiced remote viewing/question-answer exercise to get you started:

The time and place must be quietish, although the normal sounds wind, rain, distant traffic are ok... just no intrusive sounds.

Sitting comfortable in an armchair, the ideal is to have a voice recorder that you can flip on and off easily, by touch, without opening your eyes. If not, just remember what you see and write it down afterwards if you like.

Close your eyes and "watch" your breath for a minute or so, releasing all tension, as loose as you can be without falling.

Ask your question, softly but firmly, out loud.

As soon as you as you ask the question, picture yourself facing a high stone wall. Imagine this wall is about ten-12 feet high. See the wall, it's textures and colors.

The answer to your question is on the other side of the wall.

In your vision, there is no gravity. You jump up and look over the wall at what's on the other side. See whatever's there, without expectation of what it should be. If your question is a choice between two things, then what you will see is something associated with the right thing for you.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
No psychic advice when it comes to running a successful business.

You have to keep in mind the following:

Timing
Balance between cost (stock, employees, taxes, etc.) and earnings

Keep in mind that business is a gamble. You can crash and burn due to various factors like theft and poor management, bad employees and whatnot but you can also see the cash flowing in if done properly.

You also have to be vigilant on when to abandon ship. Trust me, going down with the sinking ship isn't pretty and will leave you with tons of debts.

Being a boss isn't as good as it sounds like. You carry your work until you go home. But after many years of breaking your back running it successfully, you can feel the payoffs (as well as the receding hairline). And boy are they worth it (in a materialistic sense).

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Unregistered]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostviking
I fear failure, I fear success, but with the economy where it is I want to be the captain of my own ship. Thank you for your consideration Psychics.

Your fear seems to be your obstacle. To me, it seems that you are shy person, perhaps you have suffered some serious failure in your past, eating away your confidence. But with such small amount of information there is not much to say...

There is only one ultimate remedy to fear; to identify it's roots and to identify what fear itself is. I suggest you take time reflecting your life, and once you get a grip on the reasons of your fear, start thinking fear itself. There is absolutely no reason for it; it is an deeply rooted illusion, injected into us in most subtle ways.

Somehow it seems to me, that you are setting high standards for yourself - you want of being something or to become something. I suggest you stop wanting and start doing.

Anyways, I am no psychic or psychiatrist. I am that I am. I hope you'll get over your fears.

-v

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Thanks to all of you. I was hoping for a silver bullet revelation, but as always the people of ATS show what wise souls they are. I am going to try some of the recommendations stated, because I believe my procrastination is mostly based on my lack of confidence and fear having been told how worthless I am during my first eighteen years. You have all given me hope and inspiration and I greatly appreciate your insights. I will let you know what I decide to do. I feel renewed hope thanks to you all.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lostviking

Also, don't let others tell what to do or not to do. Don't let others be judge of your worthiness. If you accept their word of your unworthiness, you will be unworthy. Besides, in reality, there is no objective worthiness. General worthiness spouts from generally accepted values, and they are all bollocks. There is no right or wrong; if you fail, fail holding your head high like good old Saddam.

If people have told you through all your life how unworthy you are, it only reflects of their personal unworthiness.

What is worthiness in this society of apes anyway?

Respectfully,

-v

[edit on 15-10-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
You don't have to be psychic to realize that real estate is probably not the best business to be in right now. As for the other options, I'll defer to the earlier posts.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
As the son of a successful entrepreneur I think I can help out a wee bit
. My father always stresses, no matter what the situation, that you should always expect to be rejected. Though this sounds a bit negative its not one bit. When starting out and gaining experience you'll notice that about 1 out of ten people will say 'yes' to whatever you are trying to accomplish. Expect failure as an entrepreneur, but never ever accept it. Keep trying! Be sure to have a solid business plan before you invest. There has to be a market for whatever your planning on doing. I would highly recommend getting some professional advice about whatever you are trying to do. One thing is for sure though, if you are feeling fear about your possible business right now, you probably don't want to go with that idea. You should feel confident otherwise I wouldn't take the risk. Not sure if my advice helps but I'm sure my fathers would. If you would like his email, shoot me a u2u. Hes done everything from door to door sales (long time ago lol!) to selling software. Right now hes working on some very high tech stuff that I'm not legally allowed to talk about. You'd have to sign a non-disclosure agreement
.... Good luck!

Omni

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Another piece of non-psychic advice:

If you follow the heard, you will eventually get slaughtered. That is to say, if you do what everyone else is doing, it won't end well. In the 90s, everyone and their grandmother wanted to be an HTML "web page designer." That worked out OK, but in the end, almost all of them were left jobless and unprepared for the bust. Then in the 2000s, everyone wanted to get in on real estate. Again, people had a party for a few years, but look where real estate is now.

Whatever the "hot," most-hyped thing is, it will eventually overheat. During the periods between booms, its hard to tell what the next "hot" thing is. This is one of those periods. If you identify it early, get in on the ground floor, and get out relatively quickly, you can make a killing. If you wait until it is already "red hot," then you will get sheared like a sheep.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
A business owner myself, I can dispel a few myths most people have about being an entrepreneur.

Having a business does not mean doing something and not having a boss, it means being the boss, the worker, the receptionist, the bookkeeper, the janitor. It is way, way, way more work than being an employee, so you'd better love it. You will be lucky to have one or two hours a day not working, and possibly only one day a week off.

For the first three years of my business, I worked ten hour days, seven days a week. I worked sick, I worked injured, I worked without sleep, I worked through meals. . .

You, and you alone, are ultimately responsible for the success of your endeavor in the formative years.

The reason I bring that up is because you will need to make all the decisions in your business without help, often bucking trends or going against the grain. In the 90s, many so-called experts, friends and relatives were quick with advice on what I should do to really grow my business, and I ignored them and went with my gut (which proved to be the best decision). I survived while many bigger operations failed.

If you are seeking advice on what to do at this point, you probably don't have what it takes to be a business owner. Sorry. I am not trying to be critical, but to warn you that business ownership requires a lot of fearlessness, hard work and intestinal fortitude -- and it starts with the unassailable belief that you cannot possibly fail.

new topics

top topics

join