It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group Cuts Ties With Limbaugh to Buy NFL Team

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'm sure there are a lot of people on ATS who, like me, enjoys a good NFL game. My wife understands that Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights are for football. I get two games going with my PIP, crank up the surround sound and enjoy football in HD with my buddies on my 50 inch sony LCD television.

I love football, if I wasn't such a great wrestler in school I would have played football. I love tag, tackle, touch........I just love football.

Now because of the race card waving a@@holes bickering over the matter of Rush being in a group who want to put in a bid for the Rams.

My love for Pro Football has been tarnished.

I don't care for the man much, I will listen to him every now and then. I understand why some don't like him or his show. But why, oh why, did Al Sharpton (doesn't deserve the title Reverand) have to make this about Race?

People say that Rush is a hypocrite for bad mouthing drugs becuase he was an addict and they call him a racist. For that reason nobody on the left and some on the right don't listen to him.

For some reason people listen to Al Sharpton and say he preaches the good fight in ending racism. They forget that he has made racist comments toward Jews and Whites. He gets a free pass on it, while he damns those who have made some of the same mistakes he himself has made.

A racist is telling the world that a person shouldn't be able to purchase something because he is a racist and they listen.

I don't get it.

Atleast I still have college football. Hopefully it will take a while before the race card is played in the NCAA.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Good. That fat, useless sack of suet doesn't "deserve" to have a part in the greatest sport of this nation. Drug addicted piece of garbage....

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

Yea you apparently didn't read my post.

Read it, comprehend it and then post about it.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

As much as I disagree with Rush Limbaugh, and I have list of things behind my dislike for him, I did support his right to bid freely for a team. I think also alot of the rumors going on about this idea he would "only allow whites into the team" were outlandish. I have no doubt in my mind that Rush is a bigot, but Im sure he would, like everybody else, pick the best player regardless of race all for the win... because football is generally a sport where even the racist die-hard fan would put the black man in the team if that guy was going to score for the team... doesnt mean he doesnt hold those bigoted beliefs, but when it comes to sports, some people are fanatical.. so fanatical to the point where the "win" is all that matters for that time.

But nevertheless, as much as Rush held that freedom to bid or offer a price to the team, the seller had every right to drop Rush. You attribute that to pressure, or some conspiracy, but ultimately the seller made that decision by himself as he wants to sell it at the best offer possible, but Im sure also not at the expense of his image.

The partner in question, the ones who made that decision financially, the ones who held that right as to who to partner in the sale, made the decision to drop Rush. The NCAA may have said something, fox news may have said something, alot of people may have said alot of things, but ultimately it was not their choice in the matter. The people who held that choice, made their decision to drop Rush. Thats it, he was dropped.

Now, Im sorry you find yourself not enjoying football anymore... but instead of blaming other leftwing groups while your at it... why dont you focus on Rushes image, the image he chooses to present himself as. Because ultimately Rush made choice, said alot of things, and thats what in part effected his purchase. Its time for Rush and his supporters to understand that with the image they choose to carry, comes baggage.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

He/She/It can't... it's called terminal myopia.

As for Rush... just because the [expletive deleted] started their [expletive deleted] fest, I went to his site and subscribed. Those overpaid dogfighting criminals can pack sand for all I care. Matter of fact, the only thing about Rush that ticks me off, is his fanatical love for the game.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

The seller didn't drop Rush, the group of buyers he belonged to dropped him.

They dropped him because of people like Al Sharpton putting heavy pressure on the Comissioner to not accept that groups bid because Rush was part of the group.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

The seller didn't drop Rush, the group of buyers he belonged to dropped him.

They dropped him because of people like Al Sharpton putting heavy pressure on the Comissioner to not accept that groups bid because Rush was part of the group.

I never heard of such a thing, it is ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Ever stop to think that there might be a clause that forbids junkies from owning a franchise? Advertising sponsors would bail on any team owned by a junkie. It's about money not politics.

Isn't it the conservatives that are always harping on people taking personal responsibility?

[edit on 15-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Oh ok, then he still has a chance to bid. He makes what, somewhere around 20 mill being an entertainer a year? Whats stopping him from freely bidding?

And my message still stands. The man made an image for himself... he carries baggage, and to be frank there aint alot of folks outside the far right who wish to share that image.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

A NFL team can go anywhere from around 500 million to a billion dollars to buy.

Making 20 million a year is nowhere in the range to buy a team.

His baggage as you call it wasn't a problem until Sharpton got involved and started to make a big fuss about it.

But I forgot who I was talking to. You are free to your opinion, its a shame you cannot see the wrong in what happened.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Come on guys, we heard about it way before the goon Al Sharpton made any comment about it. Limbaugh is a racist, it isn't about playing any cards, he's a racist. I'm no Sharpton or Jackson fan either and I'm white.

Source

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
First Limbaugh is being attacked by the left and those calling him a racist can

not back up what they say of him making those racist remarks. You can

accuse anyone of anything but give me the supposed racist remarks

Limbaugh has made and not here say.

No one on this planet agrees with someone else 100% of the time. You have

individuals interfering with a business deal and so who is next to be stopped the

individual who is trying to buy a fast food franchise because we do not

believe in his or her political beliefs.

Who or what will be next the internet because you do not believe in what

another individual posted and that individual must be censored? It is coming

folks I believe this whole political atmosphere is very predictable and

on a projected timetable agenda.

Anyone can create a made up race card scenario that I believe is being

congered up by a few individuals stirring the pot to cause chaos in the media

and across this land.

Remember folks it is about the right verses the left and the left brainwashing

you into believing obama is the first black president and he is not. He is the

first true white and black president. When I look at obama I do not see him

as black or white but a person that is it. ^Y^

[edit on 15-10-2009 by amari]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by amari

I don't believe these Quotes are here say [sic] being as how he said them on his program and they are now in the public record.

newsone.com...

Sometimes I wonder about people that defend hypocrites, racists and mooks.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Which are the quotes people are upset about?

The two that come to my mind are:

1) McNabb isnt that good, the media just wants to lift on a high a black quaterback, any black quaterback, to satisfy their own liberal guilt

and

2) Watching a modern NFL game is like watching the Crips battle the Bloods.

Paraphrased of course.

I fail to see how they are racist. If I were to assume racist intent I could construe them to be racist but at face value they are:

1)a statement of assumed motivation of mass media and/or clouding of judgment by the phenomenon known as "liberal or white guilt" taking into account factual and statistical information on the performance of a player relative to the performance of that players peers.

2)a statement on the thuggish and low brow behavior of many professional athletes not just in football but in all professional sports who are routinely praised by equally thuggish and low brow fans who wish to emulate convict-culture. Exemplified by players like Terrell Owens and that idiot "Ochocinco" and this past weekends offense by Merriweather. Personally, this nonsense has driven me farther and farther away from being able to enjoy any sport.

In any case, without the power of grand omniscience, these statements, as with all statements, are open to interpretation. During such interpretation the souls of both the original speaker and the interpreter are exposed yet to further interpretation and in the end whichever side makes more noise wins.

Far too inexact, and frankly too petty, to be taking up so much time with so many people. The House floor for christs sake.

Then to consider that people can elect a known and confessed klansman to the Senate over and over and over again

Nothing makes sense anymore. I'm not sure anything ever did.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Come on guys, we heard about it way before the goon Al Sharpton made any comment about it. Limbaugh is a racist, it isn't about playing any cards, he's a racist. I'm no Sharpton or Jackson fan either and I'm white.

Source

You heard about it, but nobody was making a big deal about it. Then in comes your friend (don't lie and say you don't like him) Al Sharpton and the story explodes.

He threw the race card in the mix just because he doesn't like the man. Which is pretty funny since Sharpton himself is a racist.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I know we don't usually see eye to eye, but i agree with you on this thread. Sharpton is so extremely racist, he makes me sick everytime i see him on TV. Rush may be racist as well, but he doesn't pretend to be a 'civil rights' activist. I'm no fan of Rush, but his political leaning should have no bearing at all on whether or not he can bid for ownership of a team, nor should the players be crying about who invests in their team. Most of them probably won't even be on that team in a year or two. They should shut up, catch the ball, and enjoy their disgustingly excessive pay for playing a game. Fair is fair, and Rush is not being treated fairly.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by amari

I don't believe these Quotes are here say [sic] being as how he said them on his program and they are now in the public record.

newsone.com...

Sometimes I wonder about people that defend hypocrites, racists and mooks.

better check your sources the remarks that have been posted everywhere claiming rush is a racist have not been proven yet, noone can produce one audio clip to substantiate these false attacks.

Sometimes i wonder about people who have no interest in finding truth , instead just rather support tyhere own twisted reality.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RoofMonkey

Those overpaid dogfighting criminals can pack sand for all I care.

What? Your going to apply the actions of one individual an attribute to all people? Then let's put the shoe on the other foot and say everyone in nascar are speeding junky crystal meth using criminals.

It doesn't feel to good does it?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Yea really. I don't know what pills he was popping when he thought the NFL would let him own a team when he referred to the players as bloods and crips. But that's the beauty of it all, you can say things deemed racist by a group of people without actually mentioning skin color and you get people to defend you. He has said things that are to close to being racy!

Poor baby does Rush want his bottle?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

You are ill informed. I found about this on NFL network when it was just speculation. And THEY HAD COMMENTS from players that said they wouldn't play for Rush. So before you bring Al into this make sure your info is right before you try to discredit someone else.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join