It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khamenei Said to be in Coma. What now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Seems there is strong evidence coming out that Iran's spiritual leader is in a Coma...things are moving fast on this story.

UPDATE (Wednesday Oct 14th): According to a bulletin from the Greens (Moussavi/Karroubi et al), there are widespread rumors in the Tehran Bazaar that Khamenei has died. The Greens say they cannot confirm it, but that there is an “abnormal atmosphere” in the streets, which almost certainly means there are more security people than usual.

So, Coma...Dead...What the hell is going on over there and will this change absolutely anything in this religious theocracy.

I personally dont welcome anyones death, but him no longer being in power will potentially open up more courage from the rebel masses...or not.

Source

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Im pretty sure they have a succession plan, when he dies another spiritual leader will take his place. So I dont think this will affect anything.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm checking with some friends in Tehran what the atmosphere is like down on the streets.
As soon as they get back to me ill let you know.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
If true, I wonder if they will blame the US for his death.

Also wonder how this will influence the current talks going on.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by jam321]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I think it will affect a lot.

The people showed there feelings during the riots. They are sick of this leadership and its harsh ways. I cant see them willfully accepting another in his place to continue his work.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I'm checking with some friends in Tehran what the atmosphere is like down on the streets.
As soon as they get back to me ill let you know.

Sounds good, this could be big news if its true...getting that schmuck out may loosen up relations considerably considering the guy is an incredible bastard that directly influenced the election fraud because he didnt want reform.
Wonder if Ahmedinijad (however its spelled) is sweating now that his boss is (potentially) gone.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The quiet is deafening since this rumor started lastnight.The calm before the storm?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
not alot of info coming out...conflicting reports..digging through as much as I can for more info, but I cant read farsee(however its spelled).

there is this: another report of him dying

But...well, until Iran actually comes out and says something, then we only have rumors and leaks to very odd channels.

reading some iranian blogs and they are all pretty much saying if its true, there will be a huge revolution and the islamic republic will be no more...which is why things are being quiet...the conservatives are looking for the escape route.

again, this may be nothing, or it may be the read deal...either way, we will know in a few hours...its about 8:30am over there now...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Ahmedinijad will blame the US or Isreal. A new leader could diffuse the war talk. Or Ahmedinijad could move quickly to try and start a war to keep himself in power.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Friend in Tehran said they have heard he's very sick. but nothing more.
There is alot of security on the streets, but its been like this since the riots.

Other than that she hasnt told me much worth typing about.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I think things are quiet because they dont want to release the news until the security aparatus is in place to handle the potential revolution.

new topics

top topics

join