It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did cancer first appear?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Did cancer show up only recently or has it been around for a while? If I'm not mistaken it's a somewhat new disease. If it is new why did it only show up recently?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Cancer and cancerous tumors are as old as recorded history, as far as we know. Ancient Egyptians even developed a crude cauterization system for removing breast tumors.

www.cancer.org...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Okay, I was just wondering.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Okay, I was just wondering. But is it getting more common recently?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

No worries =) It's always better to wonder and look for an answer than to remain unknowing

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It is more common in the last couple of centuries since most people tend to live past age 40 or so.

The chances of getting cancer increase with age (in most cases).

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Great thread. S&F. I have always wondered when this increased. I know in the late 1700's cancer was increasing because of pipe tobacco. But I did not know that in ancient Egypt cancer was a killer. I guess it makes sense it has been around forever, but I think the increase is when people started smoking tobacco. Also in today's time with all the EM field around our house. Laptops, Cell phones, Microwaves. These are probably a reason why it has increased.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Actually it's much more common now than in the past. Pollution is the main cause--Synthetic chemicals, electromagnetic radiation, nuclear radiation, horrible diets..

Cancer was quite rare before the industrial revolution. It spiked after we developed plastics. Did you know the number one cause of death by disease for children age 1-15 is cancer?

I think this has to do with the fact that there can be a 500 fold difference in ones ability to detox, based on genetics.

edit to clarify: cause by disease age 1-15

[edit on 14-10-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So would you say plastic water bottles are bad?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Accidental injury is actually the number one pediatric cause of death in all age groups (0-1, 1-4, 5-14, and 15-24 years). Cancer hovers between three and four in most of these groups, so it's still a large risk, but not number one by far.

www.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Incredibly so. I suggest you read a book that will explain how messed up our world has become, environmentally speaking, in the last century.

Detoxify or Die

looking through the book to find an exact quote which is needed to back up a claim I already made. Hold on a sec...

Here we go:

Researchers from Columbia School of Public Health in New York report that 95% of cancer is caused by diet and environment. (Perera)-- Detoxify or Die, Sherry A. Rogers

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Well that completely differs from what I've read in this book, and she has hundreds of references in this book to studies. Not sure which one to believe now.

Okay actually it says #1 cause by disease, and it was printed in 2002 so this may have changed.

edit:not thousands, hundreds.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Cancer has been found to have affected dinosaurs, and seems to be present in all things above the single celled organisms.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
You may find this useful. It's a thread I just started. The cause and cure for Cancer.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Ah, ok. Yes, I could probably see cancer being the number one pediatric disease-related CoD. That makes more sense.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It simply became more common now since we have various media outlets to transmit the news to people which in turn has become more aware of it.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

For a really interesting study on the chronic disease of man (including cancer), and how cancer evolved over generations, I highly recommend reading the book: The Foundation of the Chronic Miasms, by Henny Heudens-Mast. This is a book that looks at the different chronic diseases from a homeopathic perspective.

It's actually very fascinating and very enlightening. I went through 3 years of pharmacy school and multiple course in physiology and biology, and this book was sooo much more comprehensive and instructive than anything I learned in pharmacy school, or on my oncology rotations in the hospital.

Heck, I learned more in depth information about cancer from that book than I did from years of working on the oncology floors in the hospital!

When you study chronic, inherited diseases as a whole syndrome (mentally, physcially, and spiritually) that gets passed from generation to generation, rather than just observing the physical manifestations of cancer in the body, it becomes a fascinating study.

You'll never look at cancer (or other diseases) the same way again, after you learn about diseases from a miasmatic perspective.

Edit to add:

If you don't have time or money to go out and buy the book on miasms, here's a good article (from the National Center for Homeopathy) that discusses the "cancer miasm" and "cancer remedies."

nationalcenterforhomeopathy.org...

Here is an interesting part of the article I thought you might enjoy:

Characteristics of Patients Needing Cancer Miasm Medicines
1. Perfectionism. This is probably the one best word to describe those who need this classification of medicines. As children, these are the kids who must color exactly within the lines without deviating a millimeter. Mistakes are not well-tolerated. If the child writes a number or letter that is less than perfect, he or she will erase every mistake to the point of putting a hole in the paper. Picture the adult who writes and rewrites drafts, crumpling up paper after paper. Thank goodness for word-processing programs and spell checker! These are the adults with a reputation for being fastidious, anal retentive, and even obsessive. Everything must be in its place and perfectly clean. These can be the hostesses with the white couches and carpets that by some stretch of the imagination remain immaculate. Imagine the extraordinary efforts expended by this type of housekeeper with children or pets, constantly trying to stay on top of the chaos of clutter. These may also be the fashion-conscious types who dress in perfect color coordination with nary a hair out of place.

2. Over-attention to detail and responsibility. Simply put, these folks can be control freaks. Everything must be handled, micromanaged, and beyond reproach. They won't do anything unless they can complete it 200%, despite the toll that it takes on them and on those around them. You can count on someone like this to do a more meticulous job than you had ever imagined, leaving nothing to the imagination, but she may be completely wiped out when the task is finished. Instead of crashing and taking a break, however, she will proceed to jump into the next project or plan every element of the family vacation or manage her extended family business or affairs in her spare time. This predisposition to take on excessive responsibility can begin during childhood and can look much like Aurum, though in a less structured, mineraloid way.

3. Passion. These individuals are closely related to the tubercular tendency of burning the candle at both ends and fervently chasing after life. They can exhibit a strong fascination for the new and the different--for travel, knowledge, nature, etc. Patients needing Carcinosin, for example, will recite an amazing list of foods that they absolutely love, especially chocolate and spicy food. Their intrigue with cultures and peoples can lead them to the fields of anthropology or sociology. And whatever they do, they pursue their interest intensely, in an effort to master the subject in its breadth and entirety. It is the passion and verve that lead those in the cancer miasm to love to dance. These folks are typically impassioned about animals as well.

4. Intensity of physical complaints. It goes without saying that these people have a predisposition to cancer. Those needing Carcinsosin classically have a personal or family history of malignancies. Also common are moles, which are at risk of developing into melanoma. These individuals may have a personal or family history of diabetes or tuberculosis. Also common is a tendency to intense, acute physical illnesses--typically childhood illnesses--as adults. These are the adults with ear infections, strep throats, measles, or mumps.

5. Emotional traits. These are highly sensitive people. They care deeply about others and can exhibit a very strong anxiety and enmeshment with family members or others very close to them. They strive so sincerely to do everything just right that these patients can be exquisitely sensitive to reprimands. They are the children who will breakdown at the least intimation that they have done something wrong or the slightest glance of reproach. Another feature that they share with the tubercular miasm is a romantic, sentimental nature.

6. Family history of chronic disease. Patients belonging to the cancer miasm typically, but not necessarily, have a family history of some type of cancer on one or both sides of the family as well as, in some cases, a history of some malignant or pre-malignant cases themselves. Diabetes and tuberculosis are also common in the genetic history of the family members.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
There is a lot of evidence that points toward cancer being emotionally triggered as well. In fact, this is just one of many theories out there as the cause and cure for cancer, each having valid claims behind them.

There is a doctor from Germany, Dr. Hammer, who claims it is all in our emotions. It's quite fascinating actually. He claims that within 1-3 years after a significant emotional event (SEE) occurs, like the death of a child for example, a cancerous tumor will arise somewhere in the body determined by the type of emotional trauma in the brain. For example, he developed testicular cancer 3 years after the death of his son.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gdc934

Do you have a link to this plethora of evidence you described? I've not seen anything like that in school, bench work, or otherwise.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I would have to agree that cancer has increased in our population, but you also have to consider how much communication has advanced in the past hundred years. People died from all types of things but many deaths weren't investigated to determine the cause until modern medicine came about. Even then, this information wasn't available like it is now to you and me.

Also keep in mind the sensationalism that the MSM has to spin to get their ratings...

"Can you get cancer from fruits and vegetables...? Find out tonight at eleven."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join