It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming - See my previous thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ok folks,

So on the 14th Jan this year I posted this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was crazy cold here in Winter. My family in South Africa expressed the same to me this year (June/July/Aug). So, is Global warming really happening! Hell No!, would be the answer. Even the BBC has done an about turn!

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

Not to mention an 81 year old record broken in Calgary with 3 Deg Celsius colder than previous!

www.cbc.ca...

You read the articles, and decide for yourself

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

It's called "Climate Change" now.

When they saw that they were wrong, they figured just changing the name would suffice.

Then we'll get "Global Cooling" this winter.

But I bet you this spring, we'll get some indication of "Global Warming" again, just before they change it back to "Climate Change."

Will re-read your threads though, just to make sure we're on the same page.

edit to add; Yup, we're on the same page

S&F for bringing this up again

[edit on 14-10-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

My pleasure friend! It's time the world wakes up to this scam! We pollute the atmosphere, no doubt about that. But to pin Global Warming on us, when the planet is cooling, is just ludicrous

Not to mention the "additional taxes" we will have to pay! I'll have to dig up the research I found about the planet peaking in warmth in 1998... Damn it, wish I saved that info

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well actually its the sun causing climate change, so every planet in our solar system is affected, not only earth.

Its something to worry about!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

The irony is that while there would be NO-ONE to defend pollution, the climate change folks tend to lump the two together.

Just curious, how is my rubbish going to affect the sun?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Your rubbish is going to throw the World off tilt and create a global catastrophe, probably push us into the Suns path or some such BS.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iseekthetruth!!!!!!!!

You're right. That's what my wife said.

So I just used another bin instead.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
"Climate Change" seems more appropriate. I see it this way: The climate changes seasonally (i.e., Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall). I would expect this same process to take place on a much larger scale, where our decades/centuries are viewed as seasons in and of themselves. When we have a "Summer Century", global temperatures will be warmer. Likewise, when we have a "Winter Century", global temperatures will be cooler.

Global temperatures are cyclic...as explained above. The scale of this is yet to be determined. I use decade and century in the example, but it could well be millennium.

Most importantly, is that ANYONE who looks at the data compiled by "global warming enthusiasts" and agrees, is also a person that is not thinking on the grander scale of things. I say that it would take hundreds, if not thousands, of years of compiling data on climate before anyone can make a legitimate statement on this topic.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Looking at Tort's last link,
www.mcclatchydc.com...
it is fairly obvious that there is no agreement among the scientific community about Global warming per se, and mostly speculation about Climate change.
What about the ideas to combat Global warming? most favoured is spraying seawater, (presumably Saltwater and I suppose a form of cloud seeding) into clouds to make them more reflective to the Sun's rays,

www.planetwork.net...
I wonder if that idea actually releases more trapped CO2 into the atmosphere from the seawater.
Russia and China have famously used cloud seeding, not sure if dry ice=CO2 was used but I think so. In Russia's case, it was to stop fall-out from Chernobyl reaching Moscow, although when the rain fell elsewhere a lot of people got sick. China seeded clouds ahead of the Olympics so it would not rain on their parade

www.associatedcontent.com...

www.usatoday.com...

[edit on 14-10-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Does anyone else have a heck of a time while trying to load pages that don't exactally follow what the Govt. wants us to believe? I have had to restart my computer I don't know how many times, so I gave up for now, but here are a few of the sites I found.
Global warming is a joke. I think it is funny that they are now saying climate change, but still use Green House.

vostok ice core

www.physics.rutgers.edu...
cdiac.ornl.gov...
www.nature.com...
www.warwickhughes.com/icecore/zjmar07.pdf
www.americanthinker.com...#

CO2 and plants
www.expresswaysonline.com...
www.sciencedaily.com...#
science.jrank.org...
www.hydroponics-gardening-information.com...

CO2 Oceans
dsc.discovery.com...

new topics

top topics

join