It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeowner Associations - A Great Evil on our Land

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Everything you state above is correct. Depending on the size of the neighborhood, you might not even be aware that it is going on. In my last neighborhood, there were about 900 homes. When my wife and I started organizing and going door to door, what we found out was that about every 10th house, there was some sort of dispute that resulted in large fines and legal fees.

I can't prove it, but it almost seem that they targeted homes and spread them out far enough that no one knew that it was going on. I knew my neighbors on both sides of me and across the street, but you get 2 or 3 houses down, I didn't know them.... makes it easy to commit fraud when no one is talking.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finalized
reply to post by RRokkyy

Everything you state above is correct. Depending on the size of the neighborhood, you might not even be aware that it is going on. In my last neighborhood, there were about 900 homes. When my wife and I started organizing and going door to door, what we found out was that about every 10th house, there was some sort of dispute that resulted in large fines and legal fees.

I can't prove it, but it almost seem that they targeted homes and spread them out far enough that no one knew that it was going on. I knew my neighbors on both sides of me and across the street, but you get 2 or 3 houses down, I didn't know them.... makes it easy to commit fraud when no one is talking.

I believe the only solution is to prevent sociopaths from occupying any positions of power,
including lawyers. However that is something that might happen in a distant future several
hundred years from now. In the meantime we will be watching the present system crumble
into a third and then fourth world dysfunctionality. I believe that in 25 years we will look back on
these injustices as THE GOOD OLD DAYS.

Should screening for genetic sociopathy be mandatory for politicians and police?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I’ve had to deal with the HOA a couple of times while flipping houses. I’ve had some good experiences & some bad experiences. My last one was a bad experience and I wanted to punch the idiot leader of the HOA in the face. The dispute was over the color of the front door.

There are some pros & cons of the HOA and those who want to live in an HOA community must weigh those out. It’s really no surprise that some of these HOA leaders are corrupt, most I’ve encountered feel they’re GODs right hand man/woman. I don’t flip as many properties in HOA communities as I used too because of these idiots.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by topdog30
I’ve had to deal with the HOA a couple of times while flipping houses. I’ve had some good experiences & some bad experiences. My last one was a bad experience and I wanted to punch the idiot leader of the HOA in the face. The dispute was over the color of the front door.

There are some pros & cons of the HOA and those who want to live in an HOA community must weigh those out. It’s really no surprise that some of these HOA leaders are corrupt, most I’ve encountered feel they’re GODs right hand man/woman. I don’t flip as many properties in HOA communities as I used too because of these idiots.

There should be a LARGE warning on any contracts/documents that you sign when purchasing a covenanted home. It should state simply: "Warning: You are purchasing this land/home/condo in a covenanted community, as such, you are aware that you are signing away your property rights and entering into an enforceable contract with a non-profit corporation with no readily available legal remedy in case of dispute."

Wonder what would happen if that was required?
edit on 7/26/2011 by Finalized because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join