It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death. What is it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Thank you for analyzing my thoughts and sharing your own. I will consider the 4 dimensional line of thought and see where that goes.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
life is bitter sweet holiday ..
death is just going home
cant wait!!!!
ps

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Death is the end of the current incarnation.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lister87

Originally posted by nightrun
I can imagine not existing. When you are asleep and not dreaming, that's like not existing. When they put you to sleep for operations etc.

But you can't actually imagine what it'd be like NOT EXISTING.

You are not conscious of not existing when they put you to sleep. You just wake up later that day..

No that's what I'm saying. The moment you black out, that's it. Don't wake up and you don't exist. You could call it unconscious. I can feel it and I'm confident I know that's what it's like to be dead and not exist.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Death as perceived by the living is a black hole event horizon which is the reversal of life: and the reversal of life leads to the singularity that is the beginning of life:
All being an eternally recurring aahhh & aargh Garuda oozlum fruit dove, gobbledegook, gobbledegook, flobbergob & buggerlugs stellar plasma fusion generated neutrinosynthesiser sentient cosmic consciousness perception:
As above so below according to Hermes Trismegistus;

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm leaning towards the opinion that death is just a breif switchover from one form of consciousness to another...no more a "place" than the flicker between two frames in a movie, say, or the the threshold of a door when passing from one room to another.

If it were up to me, I would like death to be an eternal inky black nothingness, total cessation of consciousness...we should be so lucky. I think in one form or another we are doomed to more of this "awareness" stuff whether we like it or not. "No rest for the weary..."

"Seasons don't fear the reaper, nor do the wind and the sun and the rain; we can be like them..."

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Who are we and how did we get here? Clearly we are personalities who develop in connection with our physical bodies. But are we personalities who have our origin in this physical development? Or do we originate as hyperspatial entities who become associated with bodies (perhaps several levels thereof) for the purpose of acting in what appears to us (once incarnated and functioning) as the ordinary world? The answer may be a combination of both. It may be that a personality must first come into existence in connection with a body but that, once developed, it may separate from that body, and perhaps subsequently become associated with a new body. Or it may be that intelligent entities, most of whom were never human, can come into existence as beings in hyperspace by virtue of a creative power associated with the origin of hyperspace itself. In the more poetic words of an Irish seer, they may "draw their life out of the Soul of the World" ([21], p.65).

'___' appears to allow us to leave our three-dimensional bodily organisms and enter into hyperspace where we can function (for a short period of earthly time while our brain biochemistry is altered) as disembodied personalities, able to communicate with other discarnate personalities. In fact it may be that this is what happens to us when we die. In death, however, unlike the '___' trance, you can't return to your body. Once your body is destroyed, or is damaged so that it cannot function as a channel for your will, then you have entered hyperspace and you will remain there indefinitely or until association with a new body becomes possible (which may be quite a while).

After telling of frequently seeing spiritual beings enveloped in shining light, one of Evans-Wentz's informants says:

In whatever country we may be, I believe that we are for ever immersed in the spiritual world; but most of us cannot perceive it on account of the unrefined nature of our physical bodies. Through meditation and psychical training one can come to see the spiritual world and its beings. We pass into the spirit realm at death and come back into the human world at birth; and we continue to reincarnate until we have overcome all earthly desires and mortal appetites. Then the higher life is open to our consciousness and we cease to be human; we become divine beings. ([21], p.84.)

It now seems possible, by the use of the psychedelic tryptamines, to venture into the death state before we die and to accustom ourselves to that state. This is the path of the shaman and the spiritual warrior. At death, when the transition is finally and irrevocably made, the psychedelic explorer will enter a realm he or she knows from previous experience, and will, hopefully, not be swept away by fear and ignorance.

www.serendipity.li...

This is something that may be of interest to you.

As for reincarnation I am not fully convinced of it. We could retain memories of ancestors passed down genetically in our dna. The dmt released before you die could explain how you enter the death realm though.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
It's hard, almost impossible, to imagine true death. I cannot fathom what it would be like to not exist, because it would be like nothing. Nothingness cannot be conceptualized in the mind.

Nothingness can be conceptualized in the mind very hard but many buhddists monks spend there whole live's trying to do it (you cannot be reborn without dying)

My point is this. If death is really the end, then it is an awful concept.

The end of what life?

Can you think before you were born? No. There is no experience before you exist, so if you cease to exist,

The only reason you cannot think before you where born is becuase you had no brain before you where born(the brain is a instrument that remebers things when we die we leave the brain behind so we dont remeber things remembering only a tool of the brain). But! if you talking about why cant you remember in the womb? then simply the same reason you cant remember when you where two, which is your brain hasnt constructed a mental structure for remembering things yet. in other words your still building a super neural netowrk where synapses (brain cells) are connecting to each other (in compter terms like a giant mesh network or peer to peer)

So what happens on a personal level when you die?

Personality is created by the brain from the age of what we can first remember, it build's a database of what we love and hate and enjoy and dislike(chemical responses to our senses) these things change through out your life as we get older, so agian personality is just something to give us an identifcation with the world. once we die it will as well

You don't experience eternal blackness, because that would infer that you still exist or live.

and also have to ability to see visual colours

you re-experience your life forever. You cannot be in nothingness, so your death is your birth.

A circle of life concept quite like that idea in a sense! not sure if you aware of this but what you said is what buhdda also said to a certain degree he said something along the lines of
"if you do not find enlightenment in this life you will keep being reborn untill you do once you found it you are are no longer reborn you are in nivana"

This would be one explanation of Deja Vu.

ther also a scientific explanation for deja vu. One eyes see it a slight second before the other so it look like you seen it before you just dont know when.

Hope this answer your questions dude

Take it easy!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lister87

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Read the bible revelations 6:9 it mentions the afterlife possibilities friends

Sorry, but i consider the bible and religion to be rubbish, in my personal opinion it offers nothing.

No need to apologize to me you have a free will to do with as you please. I only offer knowledge if 1 doesent want to read it then so be it you chose not me.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Death is merely the end of this incarnation. After which you may choose to either reincarnate or do otherwise. Never will you end.

"This is why we iterate quite often, when asked for this specific information, that it pales to insignificance, just as the grass withers and dies while the love and the light of the One Infinite Creator redounds to the very infinite realms of creation forever and ever, creating and creating itself in perpetuity.

Why then be concerned with the grass that blooms, withers and dies in its season only to grow once again due to the infinite love and light of the One Creator? This is the message we bring. Each entity is only superficially that which blooms and dies. In the deeper sense there is no end to being-ness." -RA

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join