It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Putin warns against intimidating Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

Oh...you mean by sending in an FBI team that was late to the show?
you must be joking

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

"Iran is a military mouse and every piece of cheese sent their way gets inspected from A to Z. "

Please tell me then how they have a nuclear program to begin with.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Are you serious?????????
you are just going to post one side of the story?

Officially, Czech leaders said they understood the rationale for abandoning the shield, and they expressed confidence that the country would remain secure.

And Mariusz Chmiel, a top official in the northern Poland region where the missiles would have been based, proclaimed himself "the happiest man in Poland" now that the plan has been shelved.

"It is a big victory for the Czech Republic. We are happy that we will be able to continue to live in our beautiful country without the presence of foreign soldiers," he said.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Double post

[edit on 14-10-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I actually wasn't going to get involved until this tidbit of opinion was thrown out there.

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Also regarding the missile defence system it's a good thing that it didn't happen.

It's amazing how people want to go with Bush's path.. WOW

Some could be pro shield and not necessarily pro Bush. But it always seems that if Obama is attacked then those who disagree with him are automatically claimed to be Bush/Cheney supporters.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Of all human conditions, uncertainty is the most miserable.

Iran is suspect by elements of the West, and is suspect by the government of Israel. In recent days, the population of Israel has become highly supportive of removing this uncertainty.

Iran does nothing to alleviate the uncertainties.

I view things in ascending order of threat. It's just habit, and to me, the biggest alligator is the closest alligator.

My thoughts are to take care of this one, and move to the next. And so on. Credible threat elimination.

My friend Proto is deeper in the analysis, from his perspective higher on the bank, he sees the water from a different perspective. He has delved deeper into what's driving the alligators.

We may have different perspectives, but we can respect the other viewpoint.

I have no idea what Israel will do.

Based on past activity, I do know that Obama will lube up and grab his ankles.

Putin is a chess player. Obama is playing checkers.

Not only that, but he's an amateur against a professional, canny strategist.

Predictable.

We've now become predictable.

Something a chess player lives for.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by dooper]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
I suggest we use our brains rather than abuse them.

Think people.....Think....!

Thanks for posting it!
But how many will take heed?

It's like watching a mouse go for cheese, and it gets electrocuted
But it keeps going for it again and again and again

I can't believe people are falling for it again

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Truth be told, you should really expect nothing more from threads like these. Anyone who dares think that the Iranian government is a destibilizing force in the middle east is either a) a member of the JIDF, b) a Bush/ Cheney supporter, c) an imperialist or d) a dangerous, ignorant clod hell-bent on supporting World War III. The main reason I've tried my best to avoid getting sucked into these hapless attempts at propaganda, just as I've grown tired in recent weeks of the pro-Israeli propaganda. Both narrow views that refuse to accept that there are two sides to the same coin.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Done the research thank you, and the numbers were not exaggerated. Millions were exterminated. Do you agree with what Hitler did? Do you hate the Jewish people too?
That wasn't even the main point I was making, the main point was that a country with possible nuclear weapons want the people of Israel dead and gone. Israel had been tortured and harassed for centuries, they deserve to exist just as much as you.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

My friend perhaps you failed to notice you did not answer my questions with anything factual but simply your own suppositions that people are naïve for failing to see a threat where in reality you can’t factually demonstrate a threat.

It’s a non-answer and basically is nothing but an entreaty for people to trust in paranoia and prejudices and some supercilious notion that Israel, the United States and England have some Magic 8 Ball that accurately divines other nation’s intentions even though these purported conclusions have no factual base in history.

It’s a farcical “you are either with us or against us” argument that tries to dismiss the intelligent person’s conclusions based on actual fact and occurrence as not being about fact or occurrence but of some irrational hatred.

Your non-factual, non-answer to my questions assumes that it must be hatred that rejects the simple bad leadership and lack of justifying precedents demonstrated and provable facts by the bad political leadership of Israel, the United States and England.

All you are doing is promoting some vague notion in support for the belief that these pseudo intellectual arguments based on nothing but extreme paranoia and even greater hypocrisy are sound intellectual arguments when in reality they are nothing but the collective paranoid delusions instilled into weak minded people who are methodically taught not to question in discernable factual ways but to cede control to the “they are all out to get us and hate us” crowd “can’t you see that, can’t you see that”.

What I see is a nation (Israel) who is in real violation of really doing what it alleges Iran is attempting to do. Israel refuses to sign Nuclear Watch Dog Treaties or to allow inspections of its own facilities. Israel’s argument for this and its supporter’s argument for this is that it should not have to because it has never used its nuclear weapons therefore the world is not threatened by not having them properly monitored.

Yet that argument relies on people imagining Israel will never use them improperly just as the argument relies on the absurd notion the Iran intends to use nuclear weapons if and when it ever chooses to develop them.

Your arguments are not based on fact but simply on who you imagine is going to do what, when, where, why and how because it supports your non fact based agenda.

The reality is that Israel has attacked other nations and peoples numerous times using conventional weapons, and Iran has attacked no one using conventional weapons. Regardless of what is real or imagined in a arsenal past, present or future, factually Israel has a track record of initiating violence and Iran doesn’t.

I hope you can at least see that you did not answer my questions because all you did was answer you believe the smart thing to do is to assume people reject bad political leadership and warmongering and base extreme paranoia out of prejudice and hatred not because its simply bad political leadership and warmongering and extreme paranoia.

Your argument is that it’s intelligent to imagine and be paranoid and to ignore established precedents, history and fact.

I do not believe that is intelligent, so once again I ask you to explain what makes you think the United States, England or even Israel is in danger from Iran?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Do you deny that Iran helps fund many terrorists groups? They are smart. They let the little guy take the fall for them.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
Done the research thank you, and the numbers were not exaggerated. Millions were exterminated. Do you agree with what Hitler did? Do you hate the Jewish people too?

WHATTTTTT????????

Where did this come from???????

I said many people also question the holocaust
how does that mean I am one of them???????????

Dude man, you need to take a chill pill
How come this huge burst of emotion always happens when Israel is mentioned????

Why?

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
That wasn't even the main point I was making, the main point was that a country with possible nuclear weapons want the people of Israel dead and gone. Israel had been tortured and harassed for centuries, they deserve to exist just as much as you.

I feel like putting this in caps but a mod may warn me

I never said Israel has no right to exist

Firstly Israel is stockpiling is way more of nuclear threat than tiny itty bitty Iran.

I don't know what's with this tactic of yours

it happens way too often, not necessarily from you specifically
but it still almost always happen and i'm pretty sick and tired of it

as soon as someone says Iran is not a threat or Israel shouldn't be doing this or that someone interprets it as "OHHHHHHH Israel Doesn't have the right to exist"

What is the world is that all about???????????????????

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I'm glad people are finally seeing how Obama's middle east policies have catastrophically failed. Obama is clueless!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Again you are so blinded by hatred for Israel that's all you can see. If you would of read my post, you would have noticed I said Israel is not perfect. What those who are blinded by hatred for Israel fail to see is the danger posed by radical Islam. They fail to see the Danger to the region and the world with a nuclear armed Iran that's being led by religious zealots. They fail to see this because they are blinded by hatred for Israel. This is just irrational.

This is a very black and white issue. There's men who come to power who can't be reasoned with. You can talk until your blue in the face and they will not stop. The world failed to see this with Hitler and people thought they could reason with a madman.

Again, this is a black and white issue. Some men want freedom and liberty of the human cconscious. Some men wish to enslave the human conscious. They want to tell you how to pray, when to pray, how to dress, who you should worship and more.

This is the problem with people like Jimmy Carter, Obama and obviously you. You think the world operates in some intellectual gray area when it doesn't. It's very simple, some men want the power to control the souls of men and these people can't be reasoned with.

Israel is not ran by zealots who have messianic visions of destroying the world. Radical Islam wants to make the world Islamic. You can't give this ideology nuclear weapons. You can't reason with them. People who live in this fantasy world where they think they can reason with madmen are a danger to humanity. They will appease these men in the name of being enlightened and they are the ones who are the useful idiots.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

I'm glad people are finally seeing how Obama's middle east policies have catastrophically failed. Obama is clueless!

What exactly has catastrophically failed in the Middle East with Obama continuing all of George W. Bush’s policies in the Middle East?

No new war has broken out since Obama has come to power and chances are the only one that will break out will be another one initiated by Israel or the United States.

No major or even minor terrorist incident has happened since Obama took power.

No Middle Eastern nation has gone through a revolution, plague, famine, or even a natural disaster so please be so kind as to demonstrate the catastrophe you are talking about that has occurred in the Middle East as a result of Obama not bombing Iran and Obama wanting Israel to stop it’s illegal settlements expansion.

I don’t see the sky falling. It seems to me some of you are in favor of having Chicken Little run the United States Government.

By the way John in England when and how did the United States become responsible for the Middle East? What is it the United States is supposed to be responsible for in the Middle East that England your own nation can’t do, or Canada or Australia? Where is it how is it that the United States has picked up this obligation to ‘oversee’ the Middle East, police it and control it and it’s governments at the expense of U.S. Taxpayer Dollars and U.S. lives?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Exactly,

If we were talking about Jordan and King Abdullah II, then that would be a different story.

We are talking about a government ran by religious clerics and a messianic madman named Ahmadinejad. They are also being backed by China and Russia.

What many of these useful idiots that call themselves intellectuals fail to see is that these men can't be reasoned with. You can't allow madmen to have nuclear weapons.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Report: Russia to allow pre-emptive nukes

www.breitbart.com...

no comment

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Remixtup

He is the commander and chief of the military forces in case you didn't realize...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Once again your answer is a non-answer off topic answer.

The question is what factually makes Iran an imminent threat to anyone.

How you imagine I feel about Israel has nothing to do with Iran friend.

All you are doing is simply saying that people who don’t see Iran as a danger even though they have never attacked another nation as an Islamic Republic must hate Israel.

That does not make Iran a threat, and it is no proof that Iran is a threat to the United States, England or even Israel.

Let me try again, I am NOT asking how you IMAGINE that I feel about Israel. How you IMAGINE that I feel about Israel has nothing to do with the sovereign nation of Iran.

It does show though that what you IMAGINE becomes more important to you than fact though.

It is frankly rather frightening that what ever bias you have towards Israel supersedes any other person’s or nation’s rights to ask intelligent questions, seek out real facts and make their own determinations, and that somehow Israel has to be tied in to everything else in the world and every other issue in the world.

Why you would want to flatter Israel’s importance to such an exaggerated extreme is beyond me as it’s only a third world small Middle Eastern Nation.

The question is what FACTS do you have (facts are not imagination based on extreme paranoid fears and emotional reactions) to suggest that Iran plans to launch any kind of attack against the United States, England or Israel.

So that I might further help you better understand when we here in the United States are going to attack a nation it usually starts with a Congressional or Presidential Action authorizing a laborious and noticeable troop build up and deploying massive military assets into a staging area for an attack against that nation. Those are the kind of concrete signs one nation is planning on attacking another. Those are the kind of factual signs that one nation is preparing to attack another.

Since Iran is not making physical preparations for an attack and since Iran is not announcing plans through it’s leadership or legislature to attack and since Iran HAS NEVER ATTACKED ANYONE…I am asking you what facts do you have that Iran is a threat to the United States, England or even Israel as you suggested they are in your opening post.

Intelligent people like facts, do you have any regarding this issue?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Report: Russia to allow pre-emptive nukes

www.breitbart.com...

no comment

I read that.

Of course Russia, China and the world sees weakness in America and this is the time to be bold. Of course the left will do nothing until the threat becomes so great we will have no other choice.

Like I said, if you can't see that Russia and China are backing places like North Korea and Iran, then you have your head in the sand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join