It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's Pain (images may shock you) *warning*

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hello guys, i just received these images from my friend over seas, you may remember his photography of the G20 summit that ive shared. Nile just completed one of his first photography expedition overseas, and i thought id share it with ATS.

One third of India's population live in the conditions you see in these photographs. The depravity of life in West Bengal and all over India is a humanitarian crisis, and taking these photographs was a truly painful experience. The Captial-Communist government of West Bengal has paved the way for American fast food chains & luxury hotels in it's shopping district, but the entire city is dilapidated in ruins, with dying people in the streets. There is a disturbing amount of malnourished homeless children living in this city, many have diseases and cannot afford clothing. Cataracts, ecol i, malaria, AIDS, mental derangement, and countless other diseases are commonplace in this environment.The slums are a haven for lepers and amputees.

i am reading as i post, and wow, this is saddening.

There is no clean water. These are images of the social repercussions of Capitalism in a developing country. India's Prime Minister Dr.Manmohan Singh (Bilderburg Member) fails to acknowledge the slum reality of his people, his current policy suggests installing government funded televisions in the slums to "distract people from the act of reproduction". The aggregation of wealth is incredibly uneven in India, the middle class ceases to exist. There is only apathy and hopelessness here. Children in these slums have no chance for a conventional education, many have been abandoned by their parents. They watch their peers die in the streets. Nearly all employment in India requires an under the table transaction or bribe. Although India is developing economically, residents in Calcutta confirm that proverty has only increased in recent times. The situation here is misery. Our world leaders have only apathy and profit minded buisness politics to offer this world, the system is designed for people at the top to unfairly prosper.

Barack Obama's own half brother lives in similar conditions in a Kenyan slum, and the Nobel Prize holding savior has never once reached out to him or provided any support. How can you believe these leaders have any intention of alleviating poverty in any way? The quality of life in India represents the future of all nations under regulated global capitalism, and world government. People of the world MUST awake from the celebration comatose & motives of the propagandized governments that regulate our existence. To our leaders, you are a rat on a wheel and source for profit. Make a change and encourage others to do the same, because you have the opportunity to read this in the comfort of your home on our computer, most others in the world cannot. The hammer of oppression is coming down on anyone in the western world with an anti-war or anti-poverty message. My other photography is proof that free speech is met with night sticks & rubber bullets in the USA. Boycott television, because nothing on it is reality, it is the main weapon in the conditioning of the masses. Encourage everyone to do the same. My guide and translator Roney Benjamin is an English teacher, missionary, and activist here in West Bengal. He owes a large plot of land in the Chabuhati village of South Calcutta. He is trying to raise money for opening a private youth center and shelter in his village.This only way to avoid government interference is though independent NGO relief groups. He needs to raise money for property fencing, books, cots, blankets, food, and educational supplies. One shelter isn't going to change anything, but at least a few childen will have the opportunity to learn English and apply for a convention boarding school education, free of cost. It will be a haven for disillusioned elderly & adults, who will be encouraged to rehabilitate themselves. The average cost of a meal in India is 20 Rupees. A donation of 100 USD is equivalent to 5,000 Rupees. Just imagine the potential of this youth center with just a few hundred dollars. I am currently accepting donations on behalf of Roney Benjamin. Please message me to inquire if you are interested in contributing any amount. Please share this information. Website coming soon.

www.facebook.com...

I thought id share his whole reflection on one thread. MODS if this was not allowed, please move/remove, thanks!

(images below)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dfe919bbf673.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bec0674052cf.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7e45df5912fb.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/45ca3aa68553.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f676e96a42f7.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a1f1cb4be80.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d81baa2bfd0.jpg[/atsimg]

the rest of the images can be found here in my album on ATS.

Niles photography

So guys, what are your thoughts of the situation? im still trying to absorb what was just sent to me, hope you like my share.

[edit on 10/14/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
wow, i just read his whole reflection, this shouldn't happen to anyone.

there has to be a way we could help these people. at least feed them, and help with diseases.

i cant even get my thoughts out. I'm so angered at this world policy. its sickening on how they can exploit these people

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This is how things have always been for a very long time.

This essentially boils down to the fact that we, the peoples of the Earth, allow ourselves to be ruled by rulers. These rulers in turn take away our resources and efforts and claim them as their own.

These shanties are a perfect example of what the New World Order is all about.

World wide communism will not raise these people out of poverty, but rather it will relegate ALL OF US to this degraded standard of living.

The solution to this world wide problem, is not more government. It is not more rules or regulations.

The solution to this is FREEDOM. If these people were truely free, they would not be living in this condition.

Also, we the people need an Education, not that corporatist "edumacation" ---but instead a REAL education where they learn to think critically for themselves.

Then this shanty would undoubtedly rise to the skies as another Hong Kong.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

i agree with everything you said man, we need equality for all, and we also need to end these policies that drain the 3rd world.

its going to take a lot of time, and a lot of effort to fix the messed up things in this world.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This might not be liked but BIG DEAL

Should'nt people worry about there own problems at home before fixing there neighbours problems or the problems of the world.

There are plenty of places in Europe and America where people live just as poor as those in the picture.

I don't see pictures of tent cities and people living under over passes, wheres the sorrow and help for them?

Ohhh wait they might just need a good education and help like the people in the picture but it is more politically correct to help those over seas other than your own because in most peoples minds in rich countries people live in squaller because it's there fault.

I have no problem with helpping people but why should any country help others above there own.

I say donate the $100 dollars to your own poor first, make sure you have a good system to help people in your own country before others.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by jpmail]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

i agree with some things you say, but i also said i would like to share this story with ATS.

his mission overseas is to expose the lives out there that are being exploited.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
India does not want to change this, their Caste system is there to keep this seperation of rich and poor in place. These people were born poor to stay poor. They do not want western influence or assitance, this is their culture and dispite all the help you wish you could give, as cliche' as it is, they did this to themselves.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
What do you mean worry about my own home first?

I live on Earth, and this is my home.

Its a globalized world now despite if you like it or not.

A person in India to me, is the same as a person in Europe or North America or Africa.

Human Beings. Earthlings.

My home team.

And I am greatly concerned with the situation. And I seek to allievate it.

This issue of poverty and exploitation is not unique to any one nation, because it indeed affects ALL nations.

Like you said, there are those in need of help in our own nation as well.

But i caution you, this problem is so deep and complex that giving them a few hundred $$$ will not solve anything.

We have to strike at the source of this illness, which is Totalitarianism / Imperialism.

And the way to throw down this dictatorship is to embrace Freedom and share it with others.

I do not know any other way to solve these problems at their very heart.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Its fair to say that these people have been exploited to the max.

I think the solution will be far from easy for any country.

I do agree though that education is the key, I see these adverts on TV of kids drinking dirty water, malnorished kids, staving massess but no one ever teaches them how to make a water filter or how to not have kids when there is not enough food.

Get the basics right and the local resourses would be enough then they could better themselfs.

One of the biggest things that would help the entire world would be to get rid of greed, if you could do that you would do mankind a service that will help him far more than anything else.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It is sad to see our brothers and sisters in India living in squalor.

I am a firm believer that nations will only improve on the backs of the citizens. The masses have the power....they only have to realize it.

I stand firmly by the people of India, and my heart goes out to them as they struggle to find worldly success.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

damn thats a real shame for you, that you cant see a fellow human beings sufferings and deprivation, and want to question how they got in that situation and how you can help in even the slightest way.
This sort of thing does go on over the world, and in our own countries, only because so many people take the lazy, and apathetic approach of thinking its unnavoidable.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
What do you mean worry about my own home first?

I live on Earth, and this is my home.

Its a globalized world now despite if you like it or not.

A person in India to me, is the same as a person in Europe or North America or Africa.

Human Beings. Earthlings.

My home team.

And I am greatly concerned with the situation. And I seek to allievate it.

This issue of poverty and exploitation is not unique to any one nation, because it indeed affects ALL nations.

Like you said, there are those in need of help in our own nation as well.

But i caution you, this problem is so deep and complex that giving them a few hundred $$$ will not solve anything.

We have to strike at the source of this illness, which is Totalitarianism / Imperialism.

And the way to throw down this dictatorship is to embrace Freedom and share it with others.

I do not know any other way to solve these problems at their very heart.

Thats a globlized view only created by the fact we can travel to any part of it, I agree with you that its that way if we like it or not but what I meant by my statment was take care of the people in the part of the world that you live in then move on, you can't fix the world unless you start in one place first.

If each country starting helping those that live in that geographical area first then spread out it would be a rapid change.

Instead at the moment we have countries all trying to help another geographical place before they have fixed there own problems.

You don't tend your nieghbours farm until you have done your own.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I’ll have to agree with Jpmail. We need to help our own people before we help other people of the world. Your countrymen should always come first before other countries. Why do people fight for their countries? We should help our own family, friends. Not people we don’t know. If you have enough money, sure why not donate to Africa, or India. But if you want to donate you should donate to an orphanage, or a hospital. E.G. I would rather buy a kid a bunch of stuff at sick kid’s hospital Toronto, then donate to a kid in India. I might get shunned upon for this, but I have to agree with Jpmail. Your country should come first.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hans kammler

I can see the suffering but at the end of the day how can we help others if we can't/won't help those in our own countries first.

We happily leave people to die of illnesses in USA/Europe that could be cured because they can't afford it or we let them starve, live in squaller and die young.

Everyone on the planet deserves a right to life and a good quality of life but at the expenese of who or what?

[edit on 14-10-2009 by jpmail]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Exactly. We should work on improving the ghetto areas of are areas, before we help India, and Africa. Once we help a lot of people here, why not move on to another country. But until then we want the quality of living were we are, to improve. Not a random place around the world.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Your country should come first.

Did you know that there is no such thing as a "country"?

It is actually a mental construct created within our imaginations, so that we may divide and conquer more easily. It's just an idea, which has no bearing on reality at all.

What do you think theres actually natural lines at the border? I mean cmon man. Your talking mumbo jumbo to me.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Exactly. We should work on improving the ghetto areas of are areas, before we help India, and Africa. Once we help a lot of people here, why not move on to another country. But until then we want the quality of living were we are, to improve. Not a random place around the world.

I disagree with one point here.

We should not help anyone.

We should teach them how to help themselves. That way we can not worry about it so much or have to shell out $ for it.

Again, education is the key. And freedom to embrace that education is also very important.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
We do not dump toxic waste on the tent cities in the US, we are not buying cheap products produced in those cities. Fact is, those cities, that myseri is caused by the very same "system" called CAPITALISM.
Its not about how far the person in great need is, you cvan not messure it in miles it is just the same no dif at all. Of course there are some very important psychological matters to have in concideration, a man will allways "feel" more the more the man can identify with the victim. But in real life it is the same suffering...and YES the same responsability!

So now i go search for a new cellphone and a new plasma i know i will buy before the year ends...
Most of us are not worth living on ANY planet! I am one of those.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I know, it’s an idea. But that’s not the point. Even though there no borders, there are still rules, fences, that do not permit us to enter another country, without passport. So really there are borders, not natural made borders. But manmade. (At least at border crossings). We should help the people of our country. You’re living in it. If you were from Africa or Indian and had family in those countries that’s a different story. If you don’t, wouldn’t you rather help your fellow neighbours, or kids dying in your country?? If you don’t that’s pretty bad. Instead of helping kids in a place around the world, why not help get the Adam Walsh act going or something and stop child predators to stop killing people. You can do all you want I don’t care.... I am just saying your country should come first. Or at least the boarding area you live in, as you might say.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Maddogkull]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Agreed. We should help enough to get them off there, feets. Just enough for education, ect.. Besides that we should help our own country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join