It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smokey planes on google maps.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
My dad was looking through some stuff today (he does long searches of things out of boredom) and found these around Jacksonville, Arkansas:

Link 1

Here's one of them zoomed in:

Link 2

If you look closely, you can see a camouflage-style outline of the plane behind the smokey outline. Both planes have this.

These planes are C-130's, or look close to them.

To the south-east there is an air force base (Little Rock Air Force Base).

Link 3

If you look closely, those are the same planes (C-130's).

Anyway, I didn't know exactly where to put this. I thought it was rather interesting and worth posting. I'm mainly curious to see what people come up with.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
ghost plane lol weird though

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That's spooky man...

Wonder what the hell that could be,

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I am not sure what exactly you are getting at here, if anything, but objects do tend to be blurry like that when they are moving while being photographed....

motion blur
motion blur images

Click these links for more info.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Look a bit closer at the second image. You can clearly see the outline of the plane twice. This is consistent with both planes.

It's not the result of motion blur as motion blur doesn't create two separate images of the same thing, one being see through and invisible while retaining the color of the plane while the other retains the shape of the plane but does not retain the color.

Maybe this will help point it out?

Edit to point out that you can examine the landed planes on the air force base and see that they are the same type of plane.

I'm not really getting at anything. It was either some photographic anomaly or a botched photoshop cover up of something that doesn't seem to have a reason to be covered up.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Credge]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
They don't look like planes to me. If you enlarge it, the plane shapes have the same lumps and bumps that the surrounding area has, like something was painted on the ground. Curious indeed.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yep, but if you look directly behind them and slightly to the left you can clearly see the plane but it isn't colored.

Basically it looks like the color of the plane (the same planes from the air force base) was taken after the body of the plane was on the same picture while the body of the plane has the colors of the trees below. Of course, that doesn't even make sense and this is why it was odd.

You can even take any of the planes from the base, blow them up a bit, spin them the right way and overlap them on either the smoky looking picture or the outline.

Now, if this was only one plane then I wouldn't have brought it up. But both planes on Google Earth have this going on.

Edit to add that the only reason I put this here is because I couldn't find a place that it would fit and these are most definitely C-130's from the air force base that is right down the road from there.

Second edit:

It's also not a shadow that was botched in exposure. Examine the shadows on the trees and then examine where the silver is.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Credge

If you look at the picture of the airfield, you can see that there is a plane in the air by looking at it's shadow. There's a possibility that the other images are a result of blending two images where one image had a flying plane and one image had no plane.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I don't see the big deal really. It's clearly your standard olive blend camo paint. They call it camo for a reason. After all why waiste money on paint if it is going to show in a satellite photo? As for the other, it just seems as if some type of double exposure occured. The coloration of the smoky one is most likely a mis-registered shadow and the software digitally tried to make sense of it. This is nice as a brain teaser but not much deeper than that. Almost all of the trees show the shadow direction to correlate. While the Hercs on the base are Gull Grey in color, without knowing the flight logs for the base as well as the surrounding area, there is no reason it couldn't be a visiting C-130 from a different home flying around the area due to the base's obvious ability to support it.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If you examine the planes in any detail, you can see that it isn't camouflage. Camouflage doesn't change color with the terrain you are in. If camouflage were the case this would mean that one plane would have army-colored camouflage without the tans while the other would have the tans.

If you're going to suggest that camouflage works this well then alright, I guess that's fine. The reality is that it doesn't change to accommodate whats behind you.

Here is the other plane. You can more easily see that the color on the plane blends in flawlessly (that is, it actually is the same) as the forest pattern below. This would have to be an amazing coincidence to have happened twice on two separate planes in the same area, both of which do not match the same colors as those found on the closest air force base.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Well good for the USA if we have things like this that our military can use. Whatever keeps them safe ends up keeping us safe as well.

new topics

top topics

join