It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Hadron Collider being stopped, from the future?!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoujikina

which is effectively calling it gravity. which we still dont know what it is.

Gravity is vertical part of the Earth's magnetic field.

So that's why Australians don't fall off the Earth.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Somebody must have something against Russia going to Mars.

Need evidence?

Go here:
www.space.com...

The ones in bold failed.

Please note this anomaly:

Phobos-Grunt: Russia, launched Nov. 8, 2011 on a mission to the Mars moon Phobos. The robotic probe malfunctioned after launch and is currently stuck in Earth orbit. The $163 million Phobos-Grunt spacecraft's thrusters failed to fire in a maneuver that would have sent the spacecraft on to Mars. Engineers have about three days to figure out and fix the problem, according to Russian news reports.

It failed. So just bold it in your mind.
edit on 23-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
it just popped in there...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The higgs field would create time by causing mass and entropic decay. To create a higgs field force carier quanta would mean that it is essentially a bubble of non-local time. If such conditions existed to excite the field long enough to stabilize and enlarge the newly created time-space, it could travel in local time and collapse resulting in a shock wave that causes parts of local time to fragment. They are playing with fire IMHO. Could be fun, but we may get burned.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious
Yeah, time travellers are totally technologically capable of pulling stuff like that off. They can even hijinx stuff with a "psychic".

I wouldn't be surprised if the story got crazier and time travelers were hijinxing colliders for aliens and stuff

You read the article but didn't understand it.

Imagine if you had a bowl that had a message at the bottom that could only be read when it was full of water. The problem is, when you fill the bowl up with water to read the message, the message is so against reality that it causes entropy to reverse, sending the water back up the pipe as if the water never left the pipe in the first place. Due to our linear perception of time, we will keep turning the hose on and nothing will come out.

The only way to test this, would be to test time itself and entropy. That is way beyond me so I will leave it at that.
-----
I feel like I just got trolled, damn necro'ers
edit on 23-7-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
That the Higgs boson exists is the implication of pioneering investigations between 1895 and 1908 by the two Theosophists Annie Besant and Charles Leadbeater, who used the same form of remote viewing as Hodson to reproduce features of the QCD string model of quark confinement over 80 years before Nielsen and his colleague Olesen proved that SU(3) colour monopoles could be topologically trapped

What a bunch of baloney. In the "historical background" section of the Phillips book, he indeed posts the pictures from the early 20 century source, and these pics still don't make sense. You put a bunch of dots, ovals and lines on a sheet of paper and say that this describes atomic structure? Just how exactly? Why do we have to assume that a doodle actually describes anything? I can see as much "quark structure" in coffee stains and/or arrangement of tea leaves in my cup.

And to say that the Higgs particle is an implication of that is just preposterous.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla

Originally posted by freestonew
A pair of otherwise distinguished physicists have suggested that the hypothesized Higgs boson, which physicists hope to produce with the collider, might be so abhorrent to nature that its creation would ripple backward through time and stop the collider before it could make one, like a time traveler who goes back in time to kill his grandfather.

Is this Scientic Journal suggesting that my grandfather is so abhorrent to nature that I must go back in time to kill him? Does it matter that he's already dead?

Pretty big leap there to think that the LHC is being thwarted by future humans, not that it couldn't be true, but I would think Occam's razor would imply that it's just because it's huge and complicated and they haven't built one before. Have you ever seen pictures of it?

Surely you have, and don't you remember how much sheer detail there was? And when you noticed that down there was a tiny man, didn't you have a moment of realization, whoa, this thing is gigantic?

I did.

Anyway. I think they will get it right soon, but I think we should not play around with stuff like this.

The potential pay off seems to be nothing but justification or proof that God doesn't exist, which will satisfy nobody, God's flock of sheep will continue to believe and ignore anything that say otherwise, science will still smugly believe in it's superiority, and yet, the potential for sci-fi movie doom seems large enough to case me to say, whoa, hold your horses.

Let's solve world hunger, AIDS, cancer, oil, racism, the problem with the ocean, pollution, hell, we have plenty to do that doesn't require giant sciency doom labs.

I fully agree, and do you realize that with all the trillions and trillions they spent on that thing they could have made everyone that is homeless have a nice home, and food on the tables, as well as they could have made sure that for years to come that no child went hungry. Instead they just want to play with something they really do not understand, and don't really even get any real satisfaction out of it.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntC
I fully agree, and do you realize that with all the trillions and trillions they spent on that thing

I think you need to research the subject before you post. Because there is no excuse for posting something quite as silly as "trillions and trillions". You have no idea what you are talking about. Desist.

they could have made everyone that is homeless have a nice home

Again, your level of understanding of the subject and the facts pertaining to same is on the pre-school level. Spending on the entitlements (food and housing assistance) dwarfs the science, research and development budget, by a long shot. Saying that we need to slash science spending to shift the money to entitlements is just plain stupid.

Instead they just want to play with something they really do not understand, and don't really even get any real satisfaction out of it.

Third time in a row, you elect to post on a subject about which you have no idea. No, it's not cute.

The scientists know exactly why they build the machines they use for research, and have a pretty good idea of what they are working so hard on to accomplish. And oftentimes, it works. And oftentimes, they get real satisfaction from having accomplished a difficult, interesting an challenging task, and promoting knowledge and expertise. I know this first hand. Unfortunately, that doesn't always translate into reduction in the numbers of stupid people, who feel that they can go on the internet and post all sorts of cr@p on the subjects for which they have absolutely no qualifications.

edit on 25-12-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by eywadevotee
The higgs field would create time by causing mass and entropic decay. To create a higgs field force carier quanta would mean that it is essentially a bubble of non-local time. If such conditions existed to excite the field long enough to stabilize and enlarge the newly created time-space, it could travel in local time and collapse resulting in a shock wave that causes parts of local time to fragment. They are playing with fire IMHO. Could be fun, but we may get burned.

That makes sense to me.

is it not sorta like realization itself?

for a second i was about to congeal knowlege of a mystery but in trying to form the words to describe it...i lost my insight. I could only be the fool at the top of the cliff unaware of where I had been heading.

<< 8  9  10   >>

join