It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I spoke out against the government and I am proud of it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I called that comment line. I told them exactly what I thought of Obama. I called him a b@stard. He really screwed the american people. I encourage everyone to do something to make a point. I am considering not paying taxes? I am just so sick of the BS.
The governement only makes the poor poorer and the rich richer.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by dreamseeker]

[edit on 13-10-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If there was a list. I would be on it now after what I said. LOL.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Do you really think that calling the president a bastard is going to get you heard?

I am all for telling them how you feel, but going at it this route just makes you look like nothing other than some crazy-you need to be more calculating.

Going about it this way gets you written off very quickly.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
While I may disagree with the method and probably manner (pure speculation of course) you presented her angst and plain frustration, sometimes we just need an outlet for those feelings. Clearing your mind of that frustration will in turn allow you to clearly express the things that are bothering you to come to fruition in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
No I did call in later with a more civilized manner from my cell phone. I was just so angry that once again the government screwed us. There will be no SS increase and electric rates are going up again.
I just wanted someone to know how angry the american people are. I am usually mild mannered and more intellecual. I am just SO SICK OF IT! I hate what Obama and our government is doing to our country.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think that right there is healthy seeker. If all they hear are the small minorities that scream the loudest, those that are silent, respectful, trying to live out their lives in peace, happiness and free will never be heard.

Speaking out against the government, particularly during Vietnam and the 8 years of President Bush were honored and held to the highest regard. Seems now, they do not wish to listen anymore now that they are running the show. Alas, what do I know, I'm just posting on ATS still waiting for a letter back or call back from my representative

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ok OK so Obama might be making the poor poorer and rich richer, All your presidents have done the same, George Bush went to war for oil and for the military to allow your oil companies and weapon's companies to become richer.

Most Nations are run by the elite who only look out for the wealthy.

Give Obama 4 years then vote him out, or does he need to start an illegal war to win support ????

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by colec156

Wouldn't that also mean your government, along with Spain, Turkey, Pakistan, France, Germany, Australia, etc. went to war for oil? If the truth was so open about the only reason we took the steps towards war were for oil, how come those countries are still actively participating in the war?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
all those countries also need oil at reasonable prices.

you do know that cheney was in afghanistan before the bombing and gave them an ultimatum to allow the oil pipeline through or they would be removed from power ... ??

pity it wasnt that easy. they couldnt beat the viet minh/cong who summarily defeated the french army and foreign legions in 57. what made them think they could defeat a hardned afghani warrior society they themselves trained and funded, who had all the elft over munitions and supplies of the soviet occupation?

the fox was running for his dinner (oil), the rabbit, was running for his life.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Why are those countries still there fighting the war. It is oil. The west is running out of it fast. The biggest supplies of oil are the Persian gulf and Russia.

the US and Europe can't invade Russia for oil, why ???? Russia has nukes to say get lost with.
Why do you think that the west does not want Iran to have nukes, Nukes can be used as a detterent to say bugger off with. While Iran only has conventional weapons the west has the upper hand if war does break out.

I know my country went to war on suspect terms, but I don't protest as I feel the writing is already on the wall for my country. This island that I still love is far beyond repair.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by colec156]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

excellet reply oenbestenemy! It seems that the someone is always forgetting who is calling the kettle black! And it always seems that people forget who ended up carrying the water for them when Der Furher was bombing their country to smithereens.

edit for spelling(and still not sure)

[edit on 13-10-2009 by kettlebellysmith]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Hey I don't deny that my country has gone to war on wrong intelligence and and an alternative motive.

Heck I will even hold my hand up, and say it was wrong, big business speaks volumes and oil underpins our economies.

Really I am not America bashing.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by colec156]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

You, sir (or madam) make excellent points. But you forget that, without the help of the United States, the Afghanis would have been under the yoke of Soviet domination for a much longer time. Senator Charles Wilson pull a lot of strings and called a lot of political favors to get American weapons and training to the muhujadeen so they could make Soviet domination appear to be much less appealing. However, I fear my government (Republican and Democrat) has forgotten that "Afghanistan is the cemetary of empires." Attilla the Hun couldn't do it, and that has proven true through the centuries all the way to the Soviet Union. I fear the US will be the next to have their tombstone erected in that graveyard!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

You are right about Afghanistan, even the British Empire failed there too.
Afghanistan has little to offer ( as far as I am aware off ). I wonder if the war there takes the heat of say our own countries.
We fight the taliban out there, many extremists leave our shores to go to Afghanistan to fight their holy war. The only difference being is they are facing out armed forces and not civilians on our streets.

Just an idea.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I really doubt the problems of the US are because of Obama. I dont like him, but I also dont think that there is anything he can do to fix your nation. It is not in his hands. I dont think it is any one persons hand.

Someone who is often on ATS would not dispute that. While I can see how calling people names seemed like a good idea, and maybe felt good, It does nothing. Nothing at all.

I dont have any solutions, but I would be careful who you talk to, and what you say. These dangerous times we live in, and maybe 90% of the people around you do NOT think like you.

My thoughts are with you. I am frustrated with the world handed to me. It was not what was promised when I was little. I tell all older generation peoples when the topic of conversation turns that way, that I am VERY upset with the world given to me. We were lied to.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by colec156

Can you show me solid proof that the 'west' is running out of oil? Not peak oil theory either, I want to see hard statistics that we are running out of oil.

Also, I would like to see the source of Cheney's visit. I don't doubt it, I just don't take what people say here at face value. No offense ever intended.

It seems, the easiest way out of an argument or debate is to just start laying claims. I base all my thoughts on evidence, facts and verifiable facts at that.

Am I saying what the U.S. did was right? No. What I do find funny is that the authorization to use troops was provided by Congress, yet its Bush's war.

I could also argue that the United States, while not full military victory succeeded in Vietnam because the spread of communism was halted. Its all in what we see as victory I suppose.

And with that I am going to take my drunken butt to bed. Celebration of good news but just had to get on here and make a donkey of myself

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I hope you had half the sense to call the same line and leave the same comment this time last year.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I know I do. No matter who is in the Executive. I speak my mind to things I do not like no matter the letter following a persons name. In 2000 I could say I was a President Bush supporter but he lost my overall support in some policies as time went on. There are some things I found that President Clinton did that I liked and most of all disliked. Same with President Reagan. Most liked, some disliked.

No president will ever satisfy the entire populace. It is impossible. That is why we have our separate, but used to be equal branches of government. My biggest complaint/irritation is the perpetuation and continuing ignorance on people claiming things like "President Bush's tax-cuts" or "President Obama's Healthcare bill". Presidents dictate, guide and push for policies, bills only originate from the two Houses of Congress. Politicians and the willingly dumb down press continue to push those types of statements so that they are scott-free of their responsibilities.

top topics

join