It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Quiz: Who Compares Opponents To "Terrorists?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
With all the Lets not rock the Obama boat stuff going on, I found this way too tempting to not post. So here it is, a political quiz that asks Who compares their opponents to terrorists?

Representatives of which major U.S. political parties made the following statements about their adversaries in the other major U.S. political party? I've elided the remarks with parentheses when specific organizations are named. (Otherwise it would have been too easy.)

(a) "Do they think that terrorists have all of a sudden become the good guys?"

(b) "I wonder if they're more interested in protecting the terrorists than protecting the American people"

(c) "Has thrown in its lot with the terrorists"

(d) Terrorists "wearing three piece suits" used a parliamentary maneuver and "stormed the U.S. House chambers today and took America hostage."

(e) "Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban... I'm not trying to say (my political) party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying."

(f) "Inter-jurisdictional agency cooperation shall be improved for more effective joint action against organized crime, drug cartels, terrorist networks and (the opposing political party)"

(g) "The (non-profit group that supports the other party) is a terrorist organization."

(h) "As we fight back against (the opposing political party), domestic terrorists who are subverting the American democratic process."

(i) "What I don't want to do is create an opportunity for the people who are political terrorists"

(j) "If (we don't pass this legislation), then the terrorists will have won."

Surprise! Exactly half of those statements came from Democrats. The other half came from Republicans. While comparing your opponents to "terrorists" is a bit novel, and appears to have arisen after 9/11, both major political parties have been happily calling each other "un-American" for decades. Remember this quiz the next time either major party complains about the other side likening them to "terrorists."

Here is the source link. There you will find the actual invdividual who stated it and a source link to that material as well. This forum is exactly where this post belongs by the way.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Oh what the hay, I figured I would post the answers anyway. I'm not going through and separating them though.

(a) Sarah Palin said this. Source: CNN (b) House Republican Leader John Boehner said this. Source: San Francisco Chronicle (c) Democratic National Committee spokesman Brad Woodhouse said that. Source: CNN (d) A North Dakota Democrats' Web site said this. Source: Screen capture of BismarckDems.com (e) House Republican Congressional Committee chairman Pete Sessions said that about his own party. Source: NationalJournal.com (f) It may have been a joke, but the Oregon Republican Party nevertheless featured this as part of their political platform for a few months in spring 2007, according to Archive.org. Source: Archive of ORGOP.org (g) Bush education secretary Rod Paige said this about the National Education Association in 2004. Source: Boston.com (h) This was a since-deleted alert on the "Organizing For America" Web site run by President Obama's campaign organization. Source: Screen capture (i) Democratic Rep. Baron Hill, a leader of the Blue Dog Democrats, was referring to health care protesters over the summer. Source: Washington Post (j) Maryland Delegate Saqib Ali, a Democrat from the Washington-area suburb of Montgomery County, said this on Twitter in August, referring to the so-called public option in the health care legislation. Source: Twitter.com

The source link is the same as above.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Interesting post.

I S&F it in part, because it is informative. The other part, you are now a full member of the madhouse. Tranks are on the left, straightjackets on the right. (I'd point, but well, you know. . . the whole straightjacket thing)

Please keep the drooling to a minimum.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
LOL, S+F, it's always entertaining reading the comments, accusations, or all around rantings of one political faction and then seeing they themselves also made equally outlandish comments, accusations, and all around rantings.

It's really become a distracting issue with the vitriol of political gas bags the likes of Rush, Beck, Hannity, Coulter, Olberman and the rest of that ilk.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It's almost like a smoke screen. They want everyone running in circles while the real issues get pushed through. I believe all of this is a way to confuse and distract us. From what? I don't know if I could answer that just yet, but I am looking. I am looking without the blinders on.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

the Dems and Repubs are the terrorisit for what they have dopne to America... We need a true leader to restore the Republic.

top topics

join