It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sell the Vatican, Feed the World! (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
BEFORE YOU EVEN START THE VIDEO, WARNING: VULGAR LANGUAGE!

This pretty much sums up my idea of organized religion. People cry and moan about how their religion is the truth and then live their lives absolutely against it.

What is more important to your religion? Building a giant statue of Christ on the front lawn of your church or send a massive shipment of food to your fellow man?

The point of this video (and yes I know its fairy vulgar) is that the Pope, who is supposedly the most pious person on the planet, lives in a palace... Oh, I'm sorry.. its not a palace. He owns a freaking CITY!!! Would Jesus have lived in a city all his own? Nah, he probably would've been fine living in a hut his entire existence, even if he was the richest man on the planet.

These religions are soooo convoluted at this point. In the end, most say idols are evil, then put idols in every corner of their religious buildings.

There's going to church, then there's actually following your religion. I'd say the pope isn't following his own.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Oh shut up....

many popes have been dirt poor, infact many had to suffer according to themselves because they were in such a high position.

The City isn't owned by the Pope. It's a normal city that happens to be the head of the Catholic church.

UN is in NY does it own NY every movement or control it?

The vatican also organizes for a FACT homeless shelters and helps build them all the time.

They allow and help saints who went on projects to build churches and organizations for the homeles and sick.

Just because there is a big ass statue outside of church doesn't mean anything.

By that logic, let's tear down every building, statue, statue of rocky, jordan, and every amusement park in the world and save money to feed everybody.

which i actually agree with if it helped feed everybody.

But you don't start with the vatican, you start with each individual soul and work together for progress.

peace.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

You're right, I knew I should have taken the word "own" out of the OP, but whatever. The Vatican IS a standing tribute to Catholicism, which in my view, is an idol in and of itself.

And comparing the UN to the Vatican is not a very good way to get your point across, as the UN might as well be a 100 foot pile of excrement.

And yeah, I agree with your selling of lavish things all around the world to fund our fellow man getting a bite to eat. Sounds good to me.

The Catholic church has done quite a lot with its money. Feeding dying people in Ethiopia is not on the short list. If the point of your religion is to be Christ-like, then why golden archways, marble statues and polished oak pews? I don't think Christ would have cared much for any of those things.

And do you then agree that if we did work on every soul individually, that the Vatican would eventually be irrelevant as a Catholic stronghold?

I'm speaking of a perversion of the religion I used to be a part of. Turns out most of the people who are part of it ended up to be just as callous and greedy as the rest of the people they disdain.

ETA: I am not arguing your believe system in any way. I am only chastising the people who have sullied it. You faith is your faith and I am happy you have it.

[edit on 10/13/09 by SantaClaus]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

And I am in total agreement with you..

Well Done

I hope this thread gets the exposure it deserves

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Lol Sorry to say, I find the video kinda funny and true, TO A POINT. Shes right if we sold the Vatican we could do alot of things with 500 billion. But it wont ever happen. In fact the statement is pointless because it will never happen. You know how many times I watch CBS or christian shows and they have gold chairs and churches. More could be done with that presses Chair. Like feeding the poor or making homes for those that don't have one. But clearly the video was made by that famest actor who is not a christian. People would get pussy for it, but you might lose your soul in the process.

P.S I didn't find the video that vulgar, it had some bad lauage, but it had a point.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by slymattb]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Ok obviously the girl in the video is an airhead. seriosuly, saying some nast s*** at the end about pussy shows to me that she's not really concerned that much to add that cheap shot in at the end...

Ok but past that. My opinion only. She's still a soul of God, but came off as an air head with an agenda.

From what I read it's worth 500 million not billion.

and the vatican hold not only costly materials for the church within and the mass, but for the statues and the people living in it.

It's a dumb ass idea especially if it's only 500 million to seel the Church God founded that hold people houses in it and works together with other orginizations, to just sell it for a measly 500 Mill and buy a condo? wtf?

like I said, she sounds like an airhead.

and she said some stuff about living humbly. Living humbly is what they do.

Infact they create more homseleess shelters and orginizations which do the most work of any group in the world.

so she left that out ofcourse.

and people will eat it up ofcourse.

and see, if she wouldn't of taken that shot with pussy and not only that, they added a dick picture.

boy where did they sincerity go in the beggining?

It's not a joke, and they made it one.

If she's so concerned start with her house and live in a camping area. Aint to cosey is it?

She would have a point if the vatican did nothing,but they do, more than anybody in the world.

and God even said this.

That all the food in the world profits nothing if the soul is sick..

Conidering that, that they work for the souls of men... food is still a major priority and they address that.

so again, a well uneducated video, with some points, but too much miss information.

and OP I agree... if everybody decided to live dirt poor to help feed everybody I would agree with that.

But an orginization has to run, it cost money, and in return they help others.

"And do you then agree that if we did work on every soul individually, that the Vatican would eventually be irrelevant as a Catholic stronghold?
"

No because orginizations that lead cost money... The vatican is a stronghold for souls. it's set up to run Gods church.

I'm talking about the flock, not the shepard that runs.

But one thing I do agree with, the freemasons have sullied our faith and hypocrites too...

that is everywhere OP.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Thats worth a flag. Not the video but your words.

You can say the same about protestants. In fact, that might be more accurate since protestant "leaders" love cash (just plant that $1000 seed and you will force god to bless you...), and the catholic churchs' assets are not liquid.

Paul Crouch and Benny Hinn (and the rest of that sick circus) selling their mansions, jewelry, Brooks Bros suits and cars is about as likely as the pope selling the vatican.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

She would have a point if the vatican did nothing,but they do, more than anybody in the world.

No disrespect intended, but I do not believe this.

If you could provide some proof of this statement, it would greatly change my mind.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I agree with you, I have always asked why the pope lives like he does. I have always seen the entire catholic religion as the biggest cult in the world. I can see a church asking for money to pay the mortgage, paved parking lot, utilities, etc but only for that. But when you see the church decorated with gold and fancy crap all over it, shouldn't that tell the people worshipping something? Or especially if the priest is driving around in a benz or a jaguar? I don't the Queen of England lives as comfortably as the pope does.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Oh shut up....

many popes have been dirt poor, infact many had to suffer according to themselves because they were in such a high position.

The City isn't owned by the Pope. It's a normal city that happens to be the head of the Catholic church.

UN is in NY does it own NY every movement or control it?

The vatican also organizes for a FACT homeless shelters and helps build them all the time.

They allow and help saints who went on projects to build churches and organizations for the homeles and sick.

Just because there is a big ass statue outside of church doesn't mean anything.

By that logic, let's tear down every building, statue, statue of rocky, jordan, and every amusement park in the world and save money to feed everybody.

which i actually agree with if it helped feed everybody.

But you don't start with the vatican, you start with each individual soul and work together for progress.

peace.

Your examples are weak and do not compare to the Vatican. Don't try to sell that crap about how humble and simple the lives of many popes were, that is just a load of B.S. It is because of many of them that the history of Christianity has a serious blood stain on it that is still clearly visible today. The UN in New York and the Vatican in Vatican City are hardly a comparison, so try a new one. Yes, having a big ass statue does mean something. It is bling and them bishops, cardinals, popes sure like show show it off. Money that people gave to the church paid for that and the gold utensils the pope eats off of were too. Why does the pope need to live in a fancy palace, live life like he is a king or god? He is just the elected leader of the cult that is called the Catholic Church. I'm sorry to tell you but your logic is mixed up in all of this, but the rocky statue is a movie prop and doesn't deserve to be standing anywhere in public even though I love those movies.

top topics

join