It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama approved 13,000 more troops to Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (AFP) – In an unannounced move, President Barack Obama is dispatching an additional 13,000 US troops to Afghanistan beyond the 21,000 he announced publicly in March, The Washington Post reported Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So look at we have here with this "news".

1) Obama -- in an unannounced move -- adds 13,000 more troops to Afghanistan... so much for being a Nobel Peace Prize recipient.

2) Today is Oct 13.

See the connection? 13,000 troops added in a news flash... happening on Oct 13?

See that damn HIDDEN HAND that still afflicts our world with such impunity? The Supranational Sovereignty of Intellectual Elites -- sheesh, I'm tired of being in a world that is so dominated by them!

Where are those Fulford Asian ninjas when we really need them? Where? I have heard on insider networks that those Asian ninjas are for real and that they exist and that they pose a credible threat against the elites -- ok, what the hell are those Asian ninjas waiting for? Have they not yet seen enough evidence, enough proof of the Elites' actions against the whole world?

Those Asian ninjas are probably some figment of someone's frustrated imaginations, perhaps. Dammit.

Please pardon my cussing and my anger, but I'm just so hopping mad and so fatigued by all this crap of the Elites acting against us the people. I'm fed up with this!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Historical-Mozart]

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Amazing, the two headlines you have today.

Nobel Peace Prize jury defends Obama decision
www.msnbc.msn.com...

news.yahoo.com...

I'll say this loud and clear - if this kind of OXYMORONIC occurrence had happened when Bush was in office, the news media outlets would be going apes**t - Keith Olbermann would be screaming himself into a heart attack and the Obama puppets on ATS would be screaming bloody murder.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
there's another one to add to the list of Today's news

U.S. Puppet Karzai says would welcome more American troops
www.reuters.com...

WASHINGTON, Oct 13 (Reuters) - Afghan President Hamid Karzai said on Tuesday he supports U.S. General Stanley McChrystal's assessment on Afghanistan and would welcome more American troops.

McChrystal, the top U.S. and NATO commander in Afghanistan, is advocating a beefed-up counterinsurgency strategy that would include deploying 40,000 additional troops next year.

"I'm fully behind him for what he is seeking in his report," Karzai said in an interview on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Asked whether he would welcome additional troops, Karzai replied, "Yes."

Make no mistake Karzai is an american puppet
Even Ron Paul admitted so

I think Obama will be the one that does something DRASTIC to be THE ONE that finally wins an afghanistani war.

Maybe a million more drones, or some atomic blast with a wide radius

you can quote me on this, something will be done!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Please do not criticize Lord Obama. He wants peace, he believes in hope, which is why he won the Nobel.

Don't you understand that the only way to achieve peace is to slaughter as many people in as many countries as you possibly can? After Obama's world "peace tour" is done, there will be so many craters all over that entire region that the entire population of Afghanistan will be believing in hope!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
40,000 were requested, 13,000 were authorized.

After all, the other 27,000 are being martialed for Obama's war with Fox News.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
are these 13,000 his alt to the 40,00 asked for? or this seperate from the 40,000 which if approved would mean 53,000 more would be sent? i dont see how any sitting head of state whose leading two wars against two thirld world countries who have been bombed to smitherenes wins a nobel peace prize... disgusting. what is 13,000 gonna do anyways, nothing.. it wont affect anything except give the taliban more targets...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
40,000 requested - 13,000 allocated. Sounds like a slaughter in the making.

Obama doesn't listen to his Generals request because he knows more than they do about these things.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

They apparently HAVEN'T been bombed to smithereens as the struggle continues.

When you kill enough, THEN it stops.

We're just not there yet.

And with out dumbass tactics, we'll never get there.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

In an unannounced move, President Barack Obama is dispatching an additional 13,000 US troops to Afghanistan beyond the 21,000 he announced publicly in March

This reporter must not have been paying attention to the fact that Obama was mulling over an additional 40.000 troops for a few months and that it has been in the headlines for a while already. Now that they have decided on 13.000 all of a sudden it's unannounced?

[edit on 13-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It is time for you in the States to figure out a mechanism to recall your federal officials from office. Watching you languish under the Bush-Clinton-Bush dynasty was tragic enough. Now watching you under this pretentious sham of a government makes one wonder if the USA should be thrown on the ash-heap of history. It is only a little encouraging to see USAmericans take to the streets in protest led by the likes of a Glenn Beck.

Without the hoopla of the snake-oil salesmen it would be a great move for you USAmericans to declare a day of national strike against this grotesque and insane increase of US soldiers in harms way in Afghanistan. Your troops are not there for any high minded reasons of nation building. Your troops are there to protect the flow of heroin and the future flow of oil through Afghanistan. It is obscene in the extreme for your government to use its own citizens in this way and for the USAmerican public to fail to rise up and shout "No more!"

[edit on 13/10/09 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Now that they have decided on 13.000 all of a sudden it's unannounced?

Yea, I hear ya, SLAYER69.

Keep in mind -- this is to all of you, mind you -- that Obama is just a puppet who "requested" the 40,000 some time ago, then, "all of a sudden", 13,000 gets "approved" (the decision was surely made a long time ago), then the announcement of this "approval" happens... right on Oct 13, no less.

It's the puppeteers who did the "approving", who chose the number, 13,000 and who chose the date, Oct 13, to make the "announcement".

It's the puppeteers that we gotta be concerned about. Not the puppets. Ignore the shadows that are happening in the Plato's Political Theater -- instead, pay attention to who is making those shadows.

It's time to TARGET and isolate the puppeteers!

And to those of you who are covert agents scanning these pages for "seditious" acts... see these two round, pale-white mounds with a deep divide between them? That's my back-door moon, so bugger off, you $$^@#%-holes!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Historical-Mozart

SNIP

It's the puppeteers who did the "approving", who chose the number, 13,000 and who chose the date, Oct 13, to make the "announcement".

What am I missing here? What is the alleged significance of 13,000 troops and 13th of October?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Words of Wisdom below:

We overthrew the Taliban government in 2001 with less than 10,000 American troops. Why does it now seem that the more troops we send, the worse things get? If the Soviets bankrupted themselves in Afghanistan with troop levels of 100,000 and were eventually forced to leave in humiliating defeat, why are we determined to follow their example?
www.ronpaul.com...

Amazing isn't it?

That what is allowed to pass through these days

Mod Edit: Fixed Link.

[edit on 13/10/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I thought Obama said before or while he was just elected that he'd withdraw troops from Afghanistan?
Another misleading lie wouldn't be a surprise, the decision will be made for him either way so it's irrelevant I guess.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka
The real reason for the surge of violence in Afghanistan - LIES!

Bashir Noorzai is one of the brothers heading the largest tribe in Afganistan. One of his other brothers may be a CIA stooge.. Bashir Noorzai was tricked into coming to the United States, he was told he would receive an award from then president Bush. He was wined and dined at an expensive hotel for two weeks and then at the direction of the head of the DEA, handcuffs were snapped on him.

He was the man responsible for bringing to the allied forces in Afganistan trucks filled with their most feared weapon - Stinger Missiles...

The operation to get him to come to the us was assisted by a shadowy entity known as Rosetta. There are pictures and signed receipts for hookers and cash paid to a Pakistani diplomat, and a Land Rover as a gift... yes there were even signed receipts for "blowjobs"...yes, you read that right, blowjobs...and yes, the pakistani diplomat would count as "bribery of a Foreign government Official... a felony..(under) the FCPA, The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act

When the Judge started asking too many questions the feds changed their prosecutors 3 times, each time switching to a younger and less saavy prosecutor who would not have to lie to evade the judicial questioning in chambers.

When Noorzai was arrested he was placed in a cell without windows so he could not face East to pray towards Mecca. This is now the BIG WIN for the head of US DEA...and may have been the factor (because the timing was IDENTICAL) that creating the "Surge" against allied troops by infuriating the largest clan in Afganistan. A clan of green eyed mountain men...who grow the only crop that will grow on that arid wasteland... All by violation of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
LINK

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IrnBruFiend
I thought Obama said before or while he was just elected that he'd withdraw troops from Afghanistan?
Another misleading lie wouldn't be a surprise, the decision will be made for him either way so it's irrelevant I guess.

Withdrawl troops from Iraq but increase war in Afghanistan.

See, he figured out a way to appease both the hippies and the war mongerer's.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Yep, read this... he's been saying it since at least 2007.

Read Me

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Originally posted by Miraj

Yep, read this... he's been saying it since at least 2007.

Read Me

Barrack Obama: "Because of a war in Iraq that should never have been authorized and should never have been waged, we are now less safe than we were before 9/11."

I've read enough. Doesn't surprise me however. I guess he can tell the people what they want to hear, win the crowd, then become a tyrannical puppet.

Fantastic.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but according to the White House these 13,000 troops were not authorized by Obama, but instead were authorized by Bush at the end of his term.

Obama is claiming that these troops just didn't "make their way to Afganistan" until now and are not in anyway related to the current request for more troops.

Personally, I think that's a lie but I don't claim to have proof it is.

Now the question is: How could these troops have gotten lost for more than 10 months and where the heck have they actually been. In Iraq? i don't know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join