It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celvapan H1N1 vaccine is "well tolerated"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This came across kind of odd as it was buried in their quarterly earnings reports but Specialty drug and device maker Baxter International reported its third-quarter 2009 results Thursday morning and said...

Preliminary trials of the Celvapan H1N1 vaccine is "well tolerated" by patients 18 and older....

I know the Mods just hate short posts but this really doesn't sound like a clinical trial just a statement... "At least our drugs aren't making people sicker"! I just don't know what to make of this rather ambiguous statement...

Read report here

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
What did you expect them to say?

This vaccine has been rushed along with little to no clinical trials. The best the pharm companies can do now is report on how things are going -- it's the only information they have! It's kind of like building a shed with no plans -- you do alot of "well, it seems to be going well so far....let's proceed..'. Which works just fine right up until it collapses.

As soon as the pharmaceutical companies were granted immunity from ANY and ALL potential or future side effects of the swine flu vaccine, they washed their hands of the "testing process". You know -- the process that ensures it won't kill us 10 years from now.

Instead, it became an instant rat race to see who could come up with the vaccine in the greatest quantities the fastest.

BTW, I've not seen one other vaccine in circulation today that granted immunity to the pharmaceutical company that manufacturers it. I would be interested to see if anyone else has found one.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I didn't delve deep into it but it seems the FDA has only approved four manufactures... approved are, Australia's CSL, Switzerland's Novartis, France's Sanofi Pasteur and Maryland's MedImmune, which makes an inhalable vaccine...

These guys make it and people like Baxter take care of distro... I'm no expert so I could be wrong...

Fact cite

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Honestly, the immunity is purely formal.

Think of it this way, if you were forced to do your job in half of the normal time, wouldn't you want some guarantee that if you screw up you won't lose your job?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by retroviralsounds

Ummm...I think that if my job, done incorrectly, were capable of killing people, and people started dying because I "did my job in half the time", than yea, I think I should be fired.

They are injecting stuff right into our bodies. I hardly think it can be considered in the same light as someone that works as a telemarketer and doesn't make goal.

Immunity may have been a "formality", but it certianly carries enough weight should people begin getting sick.

top topics

join