It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Gravity Proof; or just good video editing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This is a video of a Russian Hind Attack Heli, its an awesome machine in its own right but what makes this one so special is that it is flying but the main rotor isnt turning.
Im gonna have to go with video editing because the heli is still maneuvering like a normal heli does, so somehow, someone got a video of this heli and was able to make it appear like the blades werent turning.
One comment on the site said that it was due to the cameras speed but I dont agree, ive seen that effect and it looks nothing like it.
Check it out

link

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Hi Kr0n0s

Interesting video, but i believe that it is just a camera effect, allowing the shutter at 'just' the right speed to make the main rotor appear stationary.
If the Heli was truly anti-grav, i suspect the tail-rotor would be stationary too.

That effect you talk about is if the shutter is out of sync with the rotor, making it flash randomly, and appears like it goes backwards.
Technology is not as trained as the human eye yeah?

Just my idea, not 100% sure - star for the find of awesome video too..

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by izoomonu

Thanks for the comment and for your opinion. I guess you could be right in your theory, i have seen that effect before but not that pronounced.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Did anyone listen ... I don't think that sound is coming from rear rotor (or camera shutter for that matter)
... definitely optical effect!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
if it's an "optical" effect, how do you account for the variables in rotor speed required to ascend and descend throughout space time? the camera would have to adjust.. and it almost looks like an rc model. sorry not trying to be a naggy nagerton. i just don't find it that convincing.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I believe someone gave a technical explanation as to what is going on in that video in another thread. I'll see if I can find it. I believe it was just easily done video trickery with some software.

As far as anti-gravity is concerned, here is a real example of Acoustic Levitation:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi
if it's an "optical" effect, how do you account for the variables in rotor speed required to ascend and descend throughout space time? the camera would have to adjust.. and it almost looks like an rc model. sorry not trying to be a naggy nagerton. i just don't find it that convincing.

When I wrote "Did you listen" i ment it literally ... I don't think AG device would make such noise ... if that's the case then it's suspiciously close to helicopter noise
... does that mean that every choper has this AG technology (in a sense it does ... just not what OP was suggesting here or what AG propoulsion is considered to be) ... anyway I don't want to be naggy also ... this is definitely some kind of optical effect (or illusion if you prefer)
... wheater it was made "on the spot" with camera or latter in studio with computer doesn't really matter

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi

Lol, spacetime is a funny word to use when describing the movements of a helicopter...

Anyway, helicopters do not change rotor speed when ascending / descending. They twist the blades to generate more or less upwards thrust, so it's entirely possible to make it look like the rotor is not moving by setting the shutter speed just right.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Deran

Thank you...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
thanks for putting a mirror in front of the stupid monkey in me.
thank god i'm no pilot.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by thaknobodi]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Deran

So I guess thats why the tail rotor seems to be turning faster, just a bit, since the tail rotor probably rotates faster than the main rotor, to keep the heli from spinning around.
This would mean that they adjusted the camera just enough to make it appear that the main rotor isnt spinning but since the tail rotor spins a little faster, they were un-able to adjust the camera to make them "stop" spinning simultaneously.
Does that sound about right?

[edit on 10/14/2009 by Kr0n0s]

join