It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the go with Twitter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I think the Headline of this thread pretty much describes the content within. I don't understand this amazingly fast phenomenon that has occured, so rapidly it has entered mainstream and I'm thinking there is a sinister underbelly to this.

Social Sites like Twitter and Facebook are dangerous because they can expose the user to Identity fraud/theft but there is a more sinister side such as.

The ability to understand the population on let's say a more personal level and use it to add a little performance to the global system.

The more information we give away the more venrable we are.

I started this thread to discuss what other ways the information that passes freely through the global cyber network or world wide web can be exploited?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Heres an interesting thread you might like to read if you havent already

facebook a cia front?

I have a FB now even though I said I never would but I dont really post anything on it. I personally dont get them either. I have a myspace which I barely go on anymore and then my twitter, well I dont even use that anymore. I never got twitter. Why in the world would I want everyone to know where I am all the time or what I am doing? I like my privacy and it just freaked me out a bit. FB well I have seen more scams on FB than any other networking site I have ever been on. FB is evil and yet I still have one

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Anyone who isn't careful with social networking sites deserves everything they are going to get, they (the sites in question) aren't even subtle about it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by hornum

And yet you post this on a social networking site...
you are as anon as your IP.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I dont get twitter... What is a persons fascination with letting other people know that they are,
About to water the plants;
Watering plants now, stopped halfway through to update;
About to go to a party
Im at the party (and instead of socializing, im updating twitter)
Home from party
Brushing teeth
Going to bed
Im in bed...

What the hell? I dont know whats worse, doing the "twitting" or the people that read it and find it fascinating that youre watering your plants.

As far as facebook/myspace go:
Tthroughout all of the 90's and most of this decade, privacy on the internet was drilled into our heads, so much so that in the 90s most ISP's would not give out customer information to the cops, much less the Music/Movie Industry Execs.
Now people have there full names, pics of their kids, their homes and even their work place on a public "social networking" site, accessible by literally anyone.
When I first saw a thread on here, about these two sites being created and or funded by the CIA and NSA, I laughed and said "wow, i thought i was paranoid"
But now I think "wow, thats not crazy at all, in fact it is a damn good theory" its too bad I didnt read the thread though, maybe I wouldve "awoken" much sooner

EDIT: haha, mblahnikluver you posted the link to that thread... gj

By the way, I do have a myspace acct that I created before i had my brainstorm.
I created it to keep in touch with my now 12 year old daughter that lives way across the big state of Tx from me.
My last name isnt in there though, on the profile or in the part that is used to search for people and my profile is set to strictly private.

[edit on 10/13/2009 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gYvMessanger

I agree, if you're one of those people who puts your address on facebook, what is going through your head? If someone breaks into your house, then it is your fault, use common sense.

top topics

join