It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester Airport starts trial of 'strip-search' scanner

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Haha, funny you should say that Laura, as they are doing that with some sections of society already...

Linky

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by maldronath

I wonder if you will feel the same 5 or 10 years from now?

I probably did a whack job of explaining myself. I will try to restate.
I think the technology only works so long before somebody figures a way around it. Meanwhile it destroys our privacy and way of life.
I am for low tech, tailored solutions that do not impinge on everyone's rights all at one go. I am prepared to live with a degree of uncertainty about my safety.

To me that is life. Even if they could take away every little possible threat of risk (which they can't and never will) what you'd have left would be a cushy, but extremely boring life.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Originally posted by Laurauk

So anyone whom protest nowadays are called facists are they?

Ops that must mean I am a facists myself, since I have protested over a few issues. Shame on me I guess

Eh I think you've misread me somewhere. I was calling the scanner fascist.

I would rather have some burly man pat me down TBH than have some woman I don't know looking at my wedding tackle. Maybe that's just me. Boggles my mind that people would prefer this to a pat down, you could basically see that blokes junk on display.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Well, there is no way in hell would I allow this tohappen in my home.

I would take Those in power, to every court I could think of before I Would allow them to install cameras in my home.

Thank you for the link though, it is absoultely shocking and disgusting.

I was talking to my mother the other day and she says back during the 60's and 70's the Social Services of those in power, would take children off those whom were single, whom they deemed incapable of looking after thier children.

Look at what happened with this all the child abuse cases that came out as a result.

Does the British Pulic want this to happen again. I do not think so.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
walk this way

can still opt to have the pat down, but do you want to spend 4 hours going through the pat down line or 1 hour going through the scanner?

can also tape a tinfoil message to your belly before you go through.
go on get creative!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
No one under the age of 18 will be subjected to these new scanners, according to the Government. Do we actually believe this crap, comming fromthe Government, off course not. They will find ways of getting around this until they are caught out.

An airport suspends the use of "see-through" scanners of passengers aged under 18, amid child protection concerns

civil rights group believes the scans could breach laws protecting children

The scans have been temporarily stopped for young people while legal advice is sought, said the airport.

Action on Rights for Childen (Arch) claim the Rapiscan equipment could break the Protection of Children Act 1978, under which it is illegal to create an indecent image of a child

BBC NEWS

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

It's not the Government who've said they wont use it on under 18's, it's the airport, which is a privately owned company. They are seeking legal clarification because it is against the Law to produce ANY indecent images of children.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join