It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wars and Rumors of Wars: Current Situation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

North Caucasas Insurgency, Senegal Conflict, 4th Civil War in Chad, Sa'dah Insurgency in Yemen, Conflict in the Niger Delta, Balochistan Conflict, Maghreb Insurgency in North Africa, Uighur Insurgency, Kashmir, Assam Conflict, Turk-Kurd Conflict in Turkey, Naxalite Conflict in India, Communist/Islamic Insurgency in the Philippines, Colombia, Burma, Mexico, Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan and Somalia.

Those are your current wars... Tho it may not be in any western country, the "west" is very much involved.. the EU, America, Canada, UK.

Rumors of Wars:

Isreal-Iran, Russia-Georgia, Russia-Ukraine, India-Pakistan, India-China, China-Taiwan, China-U.S., Isreal-Russia, Armenia-Azerbaijan, Isreal-Lebanon, North Korea - South Korea, North Korea - US, North Korea - Japan, Colombia-Venezuela, Honduras, Ecuador-Colombia, Brazil-Honduras, Cambodia-Thailand, Cyprus, Congo, Bolivia, Pakistan.....

timesofindia.indiatimes.com... cms

www.odt.co.nz...

www.google.com...

www.thepeninsulaqatar.com...

www.mainstreamweekly.net...

www.businessweek.com...

en.apa.az...

www.philly.com...

www.google.com...

www.khaleejtimes.com.../international/2009/October/international_October880.xml§ion=international

www.csmonitor.com...

www.google.com...

news.xinhuanet.com...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im merely documenting the current state of war and wars. what does it mean, if anything? anything gonna come of these rumors? opinons? thoughts?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I probably don't have to tell you this but I will anyway. Read The Gospel of Jesus Christ and you will find out what it means.

We are living in the last days.

Good luck to you and your family.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well the human history has been full of wars, and rumors of wars so I guess that that could apply to any given time in any given place on earth. Here i'll make a prophecy, you can quote me on it when it happens :

"In the end times there will be people buying stuff, talk of travelling and ummm... there will be fish somewhere and bad weather in england. And behold ! The color green will be worn by many, and there will be communication between towers and nations. And wheels will turn. And children will play but umm... some will not."

Wait a minute ! That's now ! Ok i've scared myself...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

Good post

Of course, there are battles and skirmishes all over the world, and without a thorough look back over the last hundred years to compare, it probably means nothing.

In fact, I'll go further and suggest that it does mean nothing. Media is at a peak, with information about such things travelling further and faster every day. Any visible increase can be easily explained as an increase in awareness, technology and ability of reporting.

As it's nothing I can change other than through my careful choices to boycott a violent regime where possible, I'm not going to worry about war too much.

I have little doubt though that America and Britain will see a major conflict in my lifetime. I don't mean sending troops to far off places, I mean an enemy openly attacking our nations.
I say this because of probability. We are both in a very deep economic hole, and there will soon be another global power replacing America.
Neither of our nations would accept that willingly in my opinion, and we will certainly argue about it.

A power shift like that is worrying, especially if it happens too fast.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Meh. Until nuclear bombs are dropped on Israel there will be peace in war. The propaganda will continue to thrive. I say, meh...but I think I said that already.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
lol yeah, personally im not sure what to think. i am a huge history buff and know whose war'd with who throughout the hundreds of years.. i find america to be in a very precarious situation.. their nwo/christian/anti-semite imperial campaign against muslims is disasterous.. the dollar is about to collapse, the economy is in the toilet... i can see the downfall of america in the next 13 years... for some reason 2020 keeps coming to mind... dont get me wrong, i want nothing more than for america to survive but not as it is now. i think the tensions in the caucasas and ukraine could explode at anytime, india has enemies on two sides.. north korea is always a threat... for the last 60 years anyways... i think its normal in that there are wars and rumors of wars and that the biblical prophecy is gereric enough to be true at any time in the past but it just so happens this time around there are nuclear, biological and chemical weapons involved that could easily kill us all.. thats the difference as far as im concerned... why they even make the sh*t is beyond me..

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Presumably like you, something I pay more close attention to is the Russian posturing and their foreign policy.
It could simply be that I wasn't paying as much attention at the time, but the 1990's seemed to be a calmer period, perhaps just "getting the house in order" after the collapse?
But over the last few years it seems the Russia discussion (and global presence) has increased.

We've had various incidents from poisoning dissidents in London, to being found cruising close to foreign shores in subs, to the resumption of "exercise" flights by Russian bombers into British airspace.

There's no doubt that Russia used their time well. During the 1990's they made great leaps in their leadership of energy supply, and are now able to hold several European nations to ransom.

What does concern me, is that if the shift of global leadership does slide toward Russia, they seemingly have everything at hand.
The main issue with any dominating army is fuel IMO, both for the machines of an army and the soldiers controlling it.
Within weeks they could gain control of several neighbours, securing increased food supplies and fuel routes.
Shutting off supplies to the rest of Europe would deal a massive blow to our defences if we haven't considered this as much as I think we should have.

I'm not saying this will happen, but it does seem that if they wanted to gain control of vast swathes of Europe, it will only be five or ten years before they're in an amazing position to actually be able to pull it off.

My next port of call will be to see their military spending and build-up. It's something I haven't looked at yet because I've been focussed on the economy.
That would be a clear indicator of future intent.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

I probably don't have to tell you this.

Humans have been waging wars since before we could forge swords.

It's not a stunning prophecy to say "You will hear of wars and rumors of wars", they were probably listening to a rumor of a war as they wrote that.

People have been preaching about the end times for thousands of years, but we apparently keep getting all these time extensions.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

If it says that, its only because its been manipulated by man to mean that.

Its always been the 'end of days' in the eyes of religion.

Outside of religious bias, its the evolution of our civilization while the main civilized blocs influence the less civilized, sometimes through force to become more advanced..

Obviously you are completely entitled to your beliefs, so if those include waiting for the end of days.. I respect that. Personally, I don't buy it. So if it comes, obviously ill be wrong but there's more to be gained from this life than waiting for it to end.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
i think its normal in that there are wars and rumors of wars and that the biblical prophecy is gereric enough to be true at any time in the past but it just so happens this time around there are nuclear, biological and chemical weapons involved that could easily kill us all.. thats the difference as far as im concerned... why they even make the sh*t is beyond me..

I really think you are missing the point I made in my first comment.

Biblical prophecy is not generic. It is quite specific!

top topics

join