It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food production must rise 70%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
According to a recent report, Food production must rise 70% over the next 40 years to feed the world's growing population, the United Nations food agency predicts.

With an anticipated 9.1 billion by mid-century, climate change, floods and droughts, along with 90% growth of Biofuel use, which will demand land and products previously used for food production, we are facing a 370 million person famine in 40 years.

Of course, famine is nothing new for some nations. We have people starving the world over, even in "modern and civilized" countries like the United States.

Likewise, we have plenty of farmland that is more than capable of producing the amount of food required to feed this anticipated population, even taking into account climate change, floods and drought, but we pay subsidies to farmers to destroy their crops in the name of Market Protectionism, Trade Limits, and Fair Trade.

And of course none of this takes into account the decrease of Biodiversity or the legal challenges worldwide by Monsanto to prevent the collecting of seeds from one harvest to the next, or the concerted effort by them and Dow Agrosciences to buy out heritage seed companies to monopolize that market which could easily compound the situation many-fold.

For those that fear Government Mandated Population Controls, or attempts to decrease the population, one need not worry. All our Governments apparently have to do is nothing at all to cause depopulation over the next 40 years.

I knew that we were facing some growing pains as a planet, but I guess feeding the planet was pretty low on the list of immediate urgent issues. It sounds like it's become time that we bump it's position up on that short-list of issues that need to be addressed, and soon...as by comparison, the Economy, lack of Jobs, and Health Care are hardly anything to get too upset about if there isn't enough food to eat.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Hi frat,

I've heard that the actual food reserves currently in existence are for very low for where they should be. I think the Elites are planning a mass culling of society, and People need to wake up, stand up, and say no more. hialiens has run some very good threads on ATS in regards to what needs to be done, but what they are proposing goes against everything the NWO wants.

We really are in trying times, and People need to rise above, and take back their individual sovereignty, or else should they continue to follow the road as laid out by the Elites, will surely end in strife.
S&F

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yeah but let's remember people there is enough food produced by America alone to feed the world twice over. Some of this food rhetoric is nothing more than fear mongering in my opinion. Sure feeding the world doesn't mean everyone would get to dine on Filet mignon and the west may not be able to continue leaving like gluttons and stuffing their obese populations but there is PLENTY of food to go around for everyone.

join