It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon hut [a very large one!]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Here is a video of the moon using a Polaris Security Cam and a 10 GPS Telescope:

It essentially looks like a gigantic square building resembling the Kaaba [black square building in Arabia] on the moon.

It's casting a shadow too.

Here's a digital chocolate box for anyone who can figure it out: [oooo]

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Jinni]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Whoa what the? Lol Its like a box just sitting there. I'm surprised NASA didn't notice it. Or maybe they did. Dun Dun Dunnnn.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Very interesting. Could it be a monolith?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
More like a moon fallout shelter for billions of people lol. good find!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I thought I saw this months ago (where it was dubbed Dr. Who's police box), and was under the impression this was considered a hoax.

Is there any particular reason the shadow is going the wrong way? If you look at the craters, you see the direction the "shadow" should be going, but isn't with that "object."

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I thought I saw this months ago (where it was dubbed Dr. Who's police box), and was under the impression this was considered a hoax.

Is there any particular reason the shadow is going the wrong way? If you look at the craters, you see the direction the "shadow" should be going, but isn't with that "object."

I haven't seen this posted before can you post a link where you saw this last?

It doesn't look like Dr. Who's box since his is Rectangular and the one in the video is cube shaped. I've not come across anything debunking this yet.

I would say the shadow is not wrong at all. It seems like the light source for all craters and the box is to the top rightish of the image.

Hmm...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

I thought the shadow was a little odd at first, too, but when they guy zoomed in around the 3 minute mark, it looked more accurate. What makes me believe that this is not a hoax is that it is not crystal clear. The atmospheric distortion you would expect when peering at the moon is there and he keeps bumping the tripod.

I don't know what the hell that is, really, but it is huge. I don't have the time to do the trig right now, but my gut is saying a mile or two tall. Where's Phage? He could put a good spin on this and maybe come up with a natural explaination that makes sense.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Now lets see a 10" telescope and a ccd security camera AND you believe he spotted something that would not have been seen before by other amatuers with far better euipment dont think so.
Ridges at the edge of crater and fuzzy shadows nothing else!

[edit on 12-10-2009 by wmd_2008]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Ok i want see this video but i cant. Please fix it...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
Ok i want see this video but i cant. Please fix it...

Embedded video disabled by author of video. You need to redirect to the YouTube site to watch the video.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Well, I am holding out for a more rational explaination, but there is always the possibility that is not normally there. Maybe he got lucky and caught something that was only there for a while.

Although this does bring to mind that episide of Dr. Who when a hospital was teleported to the moon.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Now lets see a 10" telescope and a ccd security camera AND you believe he spotted something that would not have been seen before by other amatuers with far better euipment dont think so.
Ridges at the edge of crater and fuzzy shadows nothing else!

[edit on 12-10-2009 by wmd_2008]

Amateurs are seeing strange things on the moon and publish stuff on sites and YouTube.

2nd line

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ok i took a screen shot and added lines to it on MS paint since i cant add to ats pics(because my name and pw don't work for some reason) is there anyway i can send it to somebody to post on here?

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Posted for Lichter Daraus:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f00706faacdd.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 10-12-2009 by rogerstigers]

Full image on ATS

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The video says its from 2007, has this been debunked? Can we not find the location and compare to photographs?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It looks like a host, also for that thing to be as big as it is it would have to be a few miles high and likewise in width. Also the shading is correct, because when the sun hits the craters it will illuminate the areas that the light can get to but if the light can't get to an area that is under the rays it will look dark. It would have been suspicious if said object shadow went the wrong way fromt he craters. Also if anybody can find this I've been googling it but may not have the right wording. On coat to coast, I richard hoagland made a comment that stuck with me about the moon. And it pertained to the large column structures that haven't been explained and he said that Chinese loar had it where there "gods" had large square buildings that towered on the moon and lived in them.

It reminds me of an Archology.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.inhabitat.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Thanks again roger

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I updated my ealier post with the image for Lichtur Daraus. Just posting here in case it gets losts in the mix

Quite welcome, sir. It is a pain getting the hang of this site sometimes, especially with a differant username/password on each incarnation of it.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Whatever it is, it has got to be huge, for sure, but i guess that would need someone who can figure out the distance and what not just from a pic.

+26 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it is just an illusion of shadows that make it look like a 3D object on the moon. Like Julian Beever's 3D art.

I made an image to help show the illusion for what it is.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7bba3d6abc53.png[/atsimg]

If you look at the craters in image A and B you can get a good idea of the direciton of the Sun based on the shadows and highlights. If you look at the supposed "moon hut / box illusion" and it's "shadow illusion" in image C, you can see the direction of the Sun would have to be from a totaly different direction in order to create the "shadow illusion". So the extreme difference in shadow angles tells me that the "moon hut" is just an illusion. It is NOT a box with a shadow.

I believe it is just a high ridge creating a shadow. If you look at image D, I highlighted the highest ridge points in thick RED. The thin red lines are representing the slope/incline up to the ridge top. If you compare the shape of the ridge top, with the shape of the shadow, you can see a near identical shape. This means the illusion is just a ridge top that is creating a shadow with an identical profile.

So, there really is nothing there.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by ALLis0NE]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join