It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xbox 360 Logo Spotted in 1697 UFO Sighting Sketch

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Yours is the first person i have seen review the machine that had anything positive to say about it regarding its lifespan.

Well, if the 360 had a ~50% failure rate and 31 million units have been sold, there's roughly 15 million people with a positive opinion.

Maybe you only know people who were unlucky and/or didn't took proper care of their systems.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

The X box logo clearly isn't a perfect sphere, whereas in the Renaissance artwork its not as clear what the cross represents or if it is a perfect sphere.

Problems are rare and usually just due to media read errors, but I've heard someone kept getting a truncation error playing the Davinci code adventure game.

In any event these units are reliable enough that there are aftermarket warranties that will give you a four year extension for ~$60.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I am probably more down for a game of "Where's Waldo" than even the most blindly whimsical believer of all conspiracy theories. This is something I probably won't be able to articulate (I just got back from happy hour) but I believe the concept of "pattern recognition" is the atomic cornerstone of "consciousness".

I have stated the following in many threads here: the universe is one giant pattern that repeats itself over and over within (and probably outside) itself. Our consciousnesses are the observers of this pattern; we constantly take in redundant data, and when we "process" that data, we are making choices: this instance of the pattern is useful to my survival, this instance of the pattern is not.

That is the fundamental root of 'consciousness'. The first pattern a consciousness recognizes is "0,1", or "1,0", that is, "nothing-something", or "me/not me". An infant recognizes patterns before 'ego' emerges. One of the first patterns it recognizes is that of a face. Very soon thereafter, it recognizes particular faces - the face of its mother. Very soon after that it understands that not only is "it" separate from what it observes; but that the faces that it recognizes also know that they are separate from itself - and the rest of whatever it's receiving stimulus from. This is the true emergence of "self".

What does this have to do with your thread?

People who's consciousnesses are finely tuned in pattern recognition are considered smart; forensics experts and mathematicians, etc. They can recognize patterns that the average eye cannot.

People who's consciousnesses are overly sensitive to patterns are considered paranoid.

If you are a member of this website then you probably strive for the former, but question your position with the latter.

My own opinion? There is a connection between the two images the op presents. Though it is probably not as direct as what the OP is suggesting, I think it is not "just a coincidence".

I believe that certain symbols have a 'universal' (for lack of a better term) meaning. I don't know why; speculation about that is for another thread. All I can say is that I think the "circle-x" logo are used in both places for similar reasons. That both instances of the symbol's use were facilitated by people who have a wider grasp of the 'universal language' of symbolism than the average person - for the purpose of manipulating the emotions of the average person.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Let's not bash the xbox it has it's flaws but it has a better live network then the playstation. And aliens build spaceships that look like the logo, that's pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'll just wait and see if a thread about Master Chief, coming out of one of this ships, appears.

I sure hope aliens do not picked up on the Wii. Can you imagine Mario kicking mankinds butt in a galactic war?

...I'm scared.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

There are people still complaining about Vista?

And failure? PC/Windows still owns 90% of the market share. That's one spectacular failure if you ask me.

Don't worry, you'll be bowing down to your new God very soon:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Nah, the machines suck. There is literature all over the internet about it. The market share comes from the fact that Microsoft has done some clever licensing, and XBox Live is the most fun thing ever. XBox Live is what drives sales for that division of Microsoft. Think about how much the Live Marketplace generates in revenue, with virtually no overhead. Each download is pure profit.

It is a very clever business model to use. They could milk more out of that cow if they changed a little about how they execute the download sales and game sales, but it is still making them a killing.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

With so many people doing so many drawings it's just a coincidence, well either that or one of the microsoft people saw the picture once and subconciously recreated the design for microsoft.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by metro
And failure? PC/Windows still owns 90% of the market share. That's one spectacular failure if you ask me.

Since when does Windows dominating the desktop equals Vista being a good OS? Windows dominated the desktop long before Vista came along.

And everyone knows Vista was a failure. Not just because of the slow adoption rate, wide spread criticism and dissatisfaction, but also because many manufactures brought back pre-installed XP options and extended XP support, something unprecedented in Microsoft's OS history. Even Microsoft itself had to extend XP's lifespan.

But if you want to argue based on numbers alone, one has only to look at the current market share and realize that XP has basically the triple of Vista's share.

Don't worry, you'll be bowing down to your new God very soon

What's with the quasi-religious Microsoft adoration? Are you one of the paid people Microsoft pays to go around posting pro-Microsoft opinions on blogs and forums?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join