It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger signs ammunition sales bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
To tell you the truth, In L.A. country, you have needed to do that for a few years now.

That said, people went to other counties to purchase ammunition.

Also, they would by it online.

However.....................

They are trying to pass or have passed a bill in California to stop all ammunition sales bye mail in 2011.

Are you all seeing a pattern here???

If you can't outlaw guns, restrict and then outlaw ammunition to "civilians".

Also, it is illegal to stockpile ammunition in California.

It is illegal to burry stockpiles of ammunition in California.

Are we seeing more of the pattern???????

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

Ever since Obama was elected its been impossble to find ammo except for shotgun shells available for sale in CA. Thanks to Obama, the sale of guns and ammo has gone through the roof! The makers cant keep up with demand!!!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Yes, there's definitely a pattern.

If they have their way then we'll all be defenseless against whatever they have planned for us.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

What do they consider a "stockpile" of ammo in CA? As far as burial of ammo being outlawed, I reckon they'd get tired of digging up spare car parts and tin cans that their metal detector "hit" on in MY yard...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Honestly I think Arnold knows that the State’s budget crisis is so bad he has had to cut some deals with the devil. The Obama Devil! In recent days Obama has lauded and heaped praise on Obama regarding his health care initiatives and the Nobel Prize and now this piece of legislation regarding ammunition sales.

Arnold just like Ronald (Regan) has had to always cater to the democrats in what is largely a democrat state yet I do have a funny feeling that Washington has him over the barrel these days.

Ultimately California is going to need a Federal Government Bail Out to keep a float and ultimately the Federal Government is going to want to take advantage of that by utilizing California as the cutting edge showcase it usually is for things like fashion, entertainment and other trends, by getting the Conservative Republican Governor of the State to showcase, promote and test run some Radical Left Agenda Items.

Keep in mind his marriage into the Kennedy family creates a pipeline right there into the Democratic Party Machine.

Arnold is no longer the man who proudly told the world he moved to the United States and eventually entered politics because he admired Tricky Dick (Richard Nixon), or is he himself simply becoming Tricky Arnold.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The Mythbusters proved it was possible to inflict a fatal injury with a crossbow made out of only newspaper and an elastic strap from a sheet. They shot a ballistics gel dummy in the eye.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I know of two of the largest shooting organizations that saw this coming and left the State two years ago. The Single Action Shooting Society was founded in Kaleeforneea and moved to Arizona leaving many in the organization to follow after. Many did just that. I can't count the many manufacturers who are not bothering with their laws and will not sell send or deal with the state. If this is the way they want it, they will end up with real problems they have not foreseen or don't care one whit about. It's a moronic useless regulation that is oh so easy to circumvent. Many poor souls will will pay for the stupidity of Da Goovernator! He has become a joke and shows his ignorance nearly every day he says something before the cameras and microphones!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Likely this is what they have in mind,

Say in 2 years they ban all weapons in Calif or ban certain weapons.

One day the cops come to your door and demand your guns and you tell them that you sold it 2 years ago to a gun dealer at a gun show in Nevada.

They then pull out the records that you just purchased ammo for a number of weapons last 6 months ago that matches the guns that you claimed to have sold 2 years before.

Bingo your in handcuffs and they are tearing your home and any other place they can connect to you apart and will not let you bail out till you tell them where the guns are.

The only ammo i will now buy in Calif is .22s as i have a few throwaways guns that they can have.
I go to Nevada gun shows about twice a years and that is where i have been buying my ammo because its cheaper not to pay the Calif sales and ammo taxes.

This will only drive sales of large amounts of ammo by people from Calif to the state of Nevada. And Nevada will gain from the sales plus any other business you do while there.
Due to the insanely high sales taxes in Calif i know have my brother that lives in Lost Wages buy some items for me and bring them over when he visits.

Even the gangs in Calif will likely have members that have moved to Nevada do there buying and just ship the ammo back to the gangs here in Calif.

I never understood why the democrats in Calif come up with what sounds like stupid laws unless they have plans to use these laws in ways that they have not told us about.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Fools!
Leave it to bassackwards CA to lead the way in another pointless legislative exercise. You would have figured that they understood the black market cycle - what with the practical legalization of marijauna. But, nope, then they pull this stunt.
Dealers from Nevada and NM are likely to LOVE this stunt - they're business is set to go BOOM in about 16 months! And hey, for whatever it's worth - if you live in CA I would recommend that you spend the next year learning how to load your own - then stock up on supplies. And for those concerned about them outlawing guns... let's just say that there are a fair number of us that know how to use cnc tools.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Me Terminator and Me closet democrat. Me want your ammo and Me want your

guns. Me want to run for President if obama can run for President and win me

can too. ^Y^

[edit on 12-10-2009 by amari]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I live in Cali and my father in law told me about this bill a few weeks ago and as soon as I got home, I wrote the governor letting him know how I felt. I know alot of people in my part of the woods here in Central Cali are gun owners and they were writing and calling as well. Huh, guess the voter's voice will have to be heard louder now. I hope that we Californian gunowners can get this repealed... If not, well I will now start taking a trip over to Nevada to buy my ammunition. Too bad Ahnold, you screwed up big time...And I don't see how he thinks this is going to slow down crime, yeah a gangmember is going to get his girlfriend to drive around to 20 different Walmarts all over LA to get his 200 rnds of 9mm...Gimme a break...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Fools!
Leave it to bassackwards CA to lead the way in another pointless legislative exercise. You would have figured that they understood the black market cycle

just go to any Indian smoke shop in Nevada and count the Calif licenses plates.
they raised the tax on cigarettes a couple time in the last 10 tears and each time more and more people buy there tobacco from the smoke shops in nevada.

The really stupid thing is how the state of Calif claims that by them raises the taxes smoking has dropped because sales are down in Calif.
duh, sale are down because many people are now buying in Nevada.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Quoted from the OP source

...geared to keep gang members from buying ammunition...

Really? All of a sudden, gang members who have no respect for the law and are probably purchasing the ammo to cause serious bodily injury or death, are going to say "oh no, if I buy this ammo I will be committing a misdemeanor!. I'd better not do that, then."

I'd rather these anti-gun people just punch me in the face, than give these BS excuses for their laws and think that I'm stupid enough to believe them.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
At least it's not preventing anyone from buying ammo. They can make all the useless laws they want as long as people still have the right to buy weapons and ammo.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Sounds like what is really needed is a coordinated national policy which wouldn't allow easy circumvention of any individual state laws.
I wonder how long before they are enacted.

Hear that slow dribbling sound of individual freedoms slowly leaking away? Just a continuance from one administration to another.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What a joke, this guy is one of the worst Gov's EVER....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/881b59e2ff56.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
~Remembah George if it bleeds we can kill it~

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53de2e3f2ad7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Here is a map showing the firearms laws in all the states.

map

Notice that mass shootings have all taken place in so-called gun-free zones where only the criminals are armed in what for them is now a target rich environment.

Arnold can no longer even be classified as a RINO.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The Supreme Court is going to be having a look at gun control laws soon, I understand. I'm sure this ammo law will be included in any decision.

The law is kind of stupid. There are endless ways to get ammo without going to a store - or at least, without going to one in California. People will be importing ammo from other states, selling it out of their trunks. There will just be more black market business conducted, even by legitimate citizens who simply want to protect their privacy. That will likely *increase* crime, just as banning alcohol resulted in bootleggers and organized crime, just as our "war on drugs" has funded the drug cartels.

An unarmed citizenry is helpless against government gone bad.

[Edit:] It just occurred to me that this could be a clever political trick by Arnold (his last name is too hard to spell). Think of this. He signs a bill that many liberals will like, making them (he hopes) more sympathetic to him. But it doesn't go into effect until February of 2011, a year and a half from now. That gives time for the Supreme Court to rule that the law is invalid. That leaves Arnold off the hook. "I *tried* to pass that law, but the mean old Supreme Court wouldn't let me". He tosses a bone to the liberals, but it's meaningless because it is invalidated before it ever takes effect.

[edit on 10/12/2009 by chiron613]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Im going to get bashed for this but I don't care.

The Constitution says we have a right to bear arms but doesn't say anything about having the right to purchase ammo. Lol before you start I know it's probably implied. Just in my personal Opinion guns are pointless. Ban them all. Sure the criminals and gangs can get them on the black market, but if they are baned the supply will be drastically cut and it should not be as easy for a black market merchant or an arms dealer to resupply.

Just my two cents I suspect most of you will say I have some change coming lol.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join