It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pineal Gland, Seat of the Soul...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
I beg to differ.

Everything is purely energy. Fact.

We are energy beings having a human experience or whatever you want to label it.

The "Physical" does not exist.

What makes energy non-physical exactly? Heck, what makes anything non-physical in any absolute sense? The only thing I have been able to discern about "non-physical" is that we label anything that seem too etherial compared to matter as "non-physical". In other words, the definition looks absolutely arbitrary, a product of our imaginations and noone really analyzes it. These divisions of physical and non-physical appear rather peculiar to me.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

What definition of energy are you using? Energy is not some non-physical aspect separate from matter, in case you were unaware of that *fact*. Look up what energy is before you attempt to come up with insane crazy ideas.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Insanity comes from your own mind and your perception.

Good or bad, physical or non-physical doesn't exist, only thinking makes it so.

Originally posted by sirnex

What definition of energy are you using? Energy is not some non-physical aspect separate from matter, in case you were unaware of that *fact*. Look up what energy is before you attempt to come up with insane crazy ideas.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

"THE PINEAL GLAND, Seat of the Soul...

The Third Eye, Crowned Sun, or Seat of the Soul"

Great thread autowrech, I have a very active third eye, when I started meditating about 25 years ago, it became more active, it always was but I had no idea back then how to control it, it has been very enlightening for me.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Great, so you accept that your being a little insane by not understanding what energy is.

Are you trying to say that our ability to think is preexistence prior to our birth? Can you prove that, have any evidence to validate that insane rambling?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
Whole brain resonsance frequency realized via high quality binaural beat meditation tracks, stimulates, excites and activates the pineal gland and the other endocrine glands in the heart of the human brain, while creating left/right brain hemispheric synchronization and whole brain functioning (brain harmonization).
Large doses of vitamin C counter the effects of calcification due to flouride.

I wonder if that's the reason the FDA warns you to not take high doses of Vitamin C. Because we all know our FDA is there to help us.... lol (obvious sarcasm)

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4stral4pprentice
I wonder if that's the reason the FDA warns you to not take high doses of Vitamin C. Because we all know our FDA is there to help us.... lol (obvious sarcasm)

I'm sure the toilet paper lobby would like that we do take large doses. Yeah, I don't recommend overdoing it either unless you have a great enjoyment for time on the commode.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick

Originally posted by DaMod
/sigh

I love it when threads use the Pineal gland for spiritual enlightenment. I'm sure at least one of you knows what the Pineal gland actually does (I hope)....................

An open pineal gland would be a very very bad thing.....

If everyone on earth had an open Pineal gland, we would all be acting like pregnant bipolar schizophrenics x1000000

The chakras are not physical, the Pineal gland is purely physical!
maybe there is simply a lack of understanding about these 'mental illnesses'

tribal people would recognize these signs in their children and take them to the local shaman to learn the hone their abilities and become shamans themselves. in native tribes these 'afflictions' are seen as gifts that simply need direction and guidance.

surely these mystical experiences would be troubling for those in our society; but that is just our limited perception of the world around us and the belief that we are alone and only what you can 'see' is real.

i'm very interested in some of the 'rituals' shamans perform to stimulate their pineal gland and their link to the spiritual realm...
the pineal gland is DEF. something that those with a good head on their shoulders and a desire for spiritual advancement to develop.

I have to say i deeply agree...Its just how OUR SOCIETY PERCEIVES IT...
Im sure most of the people have "just hooked up" with the opposite sex...sex...women...nudity...killing...all that is perceived and obviously VERY WELCOMED in western and european society. Just look at ALL THE MOVIES AND VIDEO GAMES...all of them contain this. Yet we perceive it nothing more than the "norm."

now lets take that same scenario and put it into OTHER COUNTRIES or TRIBES...
most likely you would stoned to death...taken to the shawman because an "EVIL SPIRIT"

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Sirex,

Insanity is in your mind.

A dog chases it's tail, that is what thoughts are.

Words are labels to be interpreted.

Trying to prove anything besides numerical values, is subjective and objective.

When I said "Fact" I was being sarcastic. Facts don't exist. Fact is just a word.

Like I said, nothing is right or wrong, only thinking makes it so.

Great, so you accept that your being a little insane by not understanding what energy is.

Are you trying to say that our ability to think is preexistence prior to our birth? Can you prove that, have any evidence to validate that insane rambling?

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Explain a little more clearly in plain English what your trying to get across as whatever your saying isn't making much sense at all. Please be clear and concise.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Explain a little more clearly in plain English what your trying to get across as whatever your saying isn't making much sense at all. Please be clear and concise.

I think it makes absolute sense.

In layman's terms, nothing does actually 'exist'. Only our perception of things do. We think them into reality, our own reality. Reality is a state of mind, based on what we are taught to believe.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RemusUK

So, in essence he is saying that the mind exists separate from what we call physical matter? So I thought myself into existence and then forgot I did so? IDK, I am still very confused on the logic behind this.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

reply to post by RemusUK

So, in essence he is saying that the mind exists separate from what we call physical matter? So I thought myself into existence and then forgot I did so? IDK, I am still very confused on the logic behind this.

I agree it is a difficult concept to grasp, but only due to modern teachings. May I suggest you take the time to read Conversations With God by Neale Donald Walsch, as I believe you will find it to be an excellent starting point if you wish to fully understand consciousness.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RemusUK

All I need to know at this particular point in the discussion is whether consciousness is a direct result of matter or if matter is a direct result of consciousness.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I think these guys can explain better than I.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
IDK, still doesn't make sense to me. Are they *seriously* putting forth the idea that consciousness creates matter and not the other way around? I mean, really seriously? I couldn't watch the whole video because my house is to hectic at the moment. I'll get around to finishing it tonight.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

All I need to know at this particular point in the discussion is whether consciousness is a direct result of matter or if matter is a direct result of consciousness.

I don't think anyone can honestly claim to know the answer. Yet there are several people here arguing there side with the level of conviction you only see in fundamentalists. Theological and metaphysical theories, for the most part, cannot be proven (and in many cases admittedly cannot provide any "proof" whatsoever). And on the other side, Science itself is a process. An ever growing system of hypothesis, research, and discoveries. So to say "Science has proven . . . etc/etc" is being very short sighted. What we "know" today, can change tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by the_space_monkey

I agree to a point, if I'm understanding what your getting at then I don't personally think science will ever take a stance that consciousness is the causation of matter. Everything we know about the human brain and consciousness right now strictly contradicts that point of view. As far as I know, physics doesn't even allow for something like what they are describing. Unless of course they continuously pervert certain theoretical physics on purpose to fill their piggy banks.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Thank you for the response. I appreciate your posts, and respect your opinion.
You have made a good point. I think a lot of people (a lot of people on this site) read theories that they may not fully understand (because of a lack of background information) and they defend their interpretations of these theories as if they are fact.

I'm curious about something though. Please do not think I am attacking you with this question . . .

Are you an "expert" in these fields? Do you have doctorates in biology or physics?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by the_space_monkey

Doctorates or expertise, I would say no, but an ability to at least take the time to learn, yes. Personally I think that is what is lacking with most people, an actual willingness to learn something or look into a claim made by someone.

I don't even follow one-hundred percent of everything science has to say about the universe as a lot of the theories contain paradoxes, which I personally think anything with a paradox shouldn't be possible at all. What gets me the most is the spiritual side of things, a lot of these things have now received naturalistic and reproducible answers to them, yet people don't even know or are willing to understand the mechanics behind it all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join