It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In case I soon vanish into Gitmo...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
If I disappear in the near future, you may as well know why.

I was checking out an old email account I haven't used in quite some time, and I was amazed to find that my congresswoman had emailed me- as a reply no less- long after I stopped using that account.

Apparently I contacted her about healthcare. Funny since I barely even know what the non-emergency entrance of my local hospital looks like (and don't even enter via the emergency room half as often as I should; i swore off of doctors to the greatest extent possible when they billed me 600 dollars to patch up a wound that I would have handled with 30 bucks worth of whiskey and superglue if I'd known the cost [i was fully insured at the time, but was deeply offended in principle that 10 minutes of care by a nurse who made less money than I did at the time would cost require a 3 hour wait, and still cost my union insurance plan more money than I contributed in a whole month]).

So ol' vagabond got a little ticked off and sent the following reply:

I have not contacted you. My email has apparently been used in an astro-turfing campaign. Therefore this is a unique instance wherein I consider it fortunate that you don't give a damn what the voting public has to say.

If I had contacted you however (which seems appropriate now since I wouldn't want to use my own name less than strangers do) I would have said that you and every single other member of congress should be tried under our RICO statutes, and also for treason, regardless of party affiliation. If I should be so unfortunate as to one day discover that there really is a hell, I will at least take pleasure in meeting you all there, where to your great woe, I will be as unrestrained by laws and morals as you and your fellow congresspeople have been in this world.

Sincerely,
(i'm not reposting my name on ATS)

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'm not sure that firing off a rant filled email to a your congressional representative would constitute a trip to Cuba's southern coast. If it does, I certainly would be there well before you. (So I'll U2U you about it if that situation does come up. Bring a towel.)

But that is quite the lovely letter you composed there and I believe that sums up much of America's feelings on the subject of Health Care Reform and what these idiots in our legislative branch seem to be doing to the whole idea.

I am glad that your wound got treated and you didn't use superglue on it. (It hurts like hell)

But as far as writing your representatives. It's your right and while they rarely read anything that is in their inbox, perhaps you gave a congressional aide a moment of pause.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

:clap:

Well done. I certainly hope you don't end up in Gitmo. I wish everyone (myself included) had the fortitude to tell our *representatives* what we really thought.

Well done.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
The gitmo thing is certainly tongue in cheek. I realize that my email, if it is read at all, will be read by an intern who doesn't give a damn.

It would take a perfect storm of actually having it read by some true believer on his first day in the office who happens to have an uncle in homeland security, and both of them not being able to separate ill will from an actual threat.

And even then I think I'd be OK unless some radio demagogue who really liked my rep found out about the whole thing and reported it as a homegrown terrorist threatening to send congress to hell.

But then again, a lot of things that aren't supposed to happen have been happening in this country lately (well, since it's inception really, but they certainly seem to be coming right on the heels of one another as of late)

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Stand by, I am reporting your action to DHS as I type, resistance is futile, your blasphemy will not go unpunished.......

You should be hearing a knock on your door right about

NOW. *Knock knock*

Naw, I am just playing of course, good for you, and yea they could care a less what you, me, or anyone else not in the "elite" status have to say, let alone take you serious or consider that email a terroristic threat. Most of them are so caught up in their own desires anyways. Good for you on sending that, healthcare is WAY too expensive for things that don't even cost half of what you are billed. Flagged...

[edit on 10/12/2009 by jkrog08]

new topics

top topics

join