It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A US Store That Will Not Accept The Dollar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

What do you guys think about this? Is it even true, I mean we dont see the store so we just have to take his word for it. Maybe it's just me but If I was going to have a store that does not accept the dollar then I would not have a machine in my store that collect dollars.

So is this something we may see other stores doing soon with the dollar going down?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingfanpaul

I can't help but think this is just a way to make money off of fear and a skewed sense of patriotism.

If you have a machine where your 'funny money' can be exchanged for metals, or 'value' as he puts it, who gets the funny money? He claims they don't 'touch' it....but something seems really odd about this one.

How is he going to pay sales tax? Silver and gold? He will either give in, or he'll get run out.

Great idea, but it's juts not time.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well, you could have done just a simple google search and come up with this, rather than just blindly plant doubts in the minds of readers:

www.agtradingpost.com...

Complete with phone number. But I don't suppose you will be calling? Hehe, didn't think so.

And before anyone starts spouting uninformed BS, WATCH THE VIDEO.

Understand what they are trying to do, and for what reason. He plainly says there will be a machine that will accept Federal Reserve notes in exchange for silver, but they will be trading in REAL money, i.e., silver and gold- not fiat currency.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I imagine they will stay in business until their trust fund runs out. Or, unless Texas has a law stating businesses must accept dollars for goods and services- either cash, check, or electronic payment.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Hmmm.

Opening October 1, 2009

Isn't today the 11th, and yet only a placeholder webpage.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Cool! Now i know where i can convert to some silver since gold is going nuts and I cant afford it! I get paid this week! $30 goin to silver every 2 weeks!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
How do they pay for the merchandise for sale in the store?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yup. Read the post, watched the video, went to the one page, deeply moving website.

Opinion doesn't change. He CAN'T DO BUSINESS without american dollars....oh he can PRETEND to....he can accept nothing but silver and gold in his place, which you can kindly bend over and purchase from his vending machine, at his exchange rate and then take your new 'real value' and buy some of his stuff that was more than likely bought with US dollars somewhere down the line.

Did I mention I watched the video? Yeah, I get what he's TRYING to do, or PRETENDING to be trying to do. What I think he's REALLY trying to is get his hands on some metal. This is no different in my mind than those cash for gold places.

I guess when he pays the state of Texas sales taxes, he'll use gloves so he doesn't have to touch the money then too...and when he pays the IRS he can juts do it gold...

Whatever. Merchants ALL over are excepting REAL VALUE, usually metals, for payment. Some of the ones that are NOT: Utility Companies, Insurance companies, and I'm sure a few more.

My doubts are no blind, TA. I applaud the concept, I just don't think this one will work. When you can OWN you shop free and clear, and provide ALL of your utilities yourself, then, and only THEN can you get away from the american dollars. But then you still have those pesky taxes, and insurance...

Call it BS if you like, but no, I won't be going down to N, Texas anytime soon. God plenty of guys around here that will allow me to exchange my 'funny money' for something of real value.

I just can't over thinking this one is going to rip folks off. Good lick with THAT though...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Based off of what I am seeing, this is not the first time I have heard of this. I recall earlier this year, that in Phoenix Az that ended up making something called a Phoenix dollar, that was usable at certain businesses around town would accept to help people make ends meet. But I would be wondering what his exchange rate is, cause the coins he was using as exchange you can not get those dollar coins for a dollar, more like about 20 dollars per morgan silver dollar.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Wow.....you brought up an interesting question....doesn't say on the money that it's 'good for ALL debts, public and private?' Anyone think they will make a federal case out of it?

Would be good publicity....and a way to get those chumps in DC thinking...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
They have a good Idea at heart but lets be practical, I higjly doubt this will take off. Like it was stated, wait till some lawyer gets a sniff of this and is told his dollar is no good, like it says the dollar is good for all debts public and private. I also had a laugh when I noticed that the stores neighbor is a Chase bank, lol. If you watch the video in the top right corner you can see the chase bank there.

top topics

join