It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to global warming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Interesting web-page on the BBC site that asks what happened to global warming

This headline may come as a bit of a surprise, so too might that fact that the warmest year recorded globally was not in 2008 or 2007, but in 1998. But it is true. For the last 11 years we have not observed any increase in global temperatures. And our climate models did not forecast it, even though man-made carbon dioxide, the gas thought to be responsible for warming our planet, has continued to rise. So what on Earth is going on?

Follow link for rest

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Who knows? Truth be told nobody cares anymore the thing is it's liek the rainforest. It's fun when leo dicaprio tells you to worry ut when you have to do the work it magically dissappears as a big issue.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I don't know anymore. There's so much disinformation about global warming out there. For a long time people had me convinced global warming wasn't about air temperatures, but ocean temperatures and global warming could very well send us into another ice age. But Wikipedia says differently, that it's about ocean and air temperatures getting warmer. I guess you have to be a scientist to understand it so I'll just sit back and let the scientists fight it out. I don't want to get sucked into all the propaganda flying around.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
It got shot down in flames as a Gore Fairytale. and it looks like 911 was shot down as Elitest homocide so they are looking for the safe exit, which there is none. we the people demand justice for the murdered. Notice the states are starting to pop up as a force we need to take a look at, after all what is criminal about a registration violation... Huh,

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
It could be that what controls the climate is way too complex a thing for scientists to really figure out -- at least yet. Maybe someday they will.

For now, it is a reality that here in Ontario, Canada, the winters have gotten worse, with colder temperatures and more snow each of the last three years.
At the same time, the summers have been crappier with fewer and fewer really hot days. I can remember there being several days over 100 deg F. when I was a kid, but I can't even remember when we last had one, its been so long.

I am not predicting anything, just saying. I would say its a crap-shoot about what the trend will turn out to be in the next 10 - 20 years.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Global warming melts the ice caps which results in more liquid water introduced into our environment. This in turn has the result of triggering global cooling, which has just begun. The Earths environment is self-regulating, like the thermostat in your home. When it gets to hot, the A/C kicks in. When it gets too cold, the furnace turns on. Something like that. If this were not the case, there would be no life upon this planet right now.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
What happened to global warming? It's on its way, as soon as our CO2 levels cross over into the red the scale will suddenly be tipped and the polar caps will melt.

We have not seen significant increases in temperature because we have not yet reached the critical level of atmospheric CO2, which is about 450 parts per million. Were are just under 400 ppm.

A brand new core sample extending 20 million years has recently been pulled from the ocean floors showing us that at CO2 levels of 400-450 there were no polar ice-caps.

What all of our international climate debates have garnered us is a tentatively accepted CO2 level of 450 ppm. This after an initial fluctuation to over 500 which should settle at 450.

Scary stuff.

What's happened to Global Warming? It's teetering on the edge, that's what.

All of this frightening stuff here, courtesy of the BBC.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

a thread with that very same source on top of it already exists.

did the other thread contain posts which upset you? maybe you should take it with a grain of salt, because the actual 'warmest year' of the 20th century was in fact 1934, not 1998. established facts are doing their magic again, aren't they?

sources are provided in the other thread. enjoy.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

Thanks for the heads-up on the other thread.

I did not state my opinion on the topic, i just wanted to hear other peoples thoughts on something i came across on the web.

top topics

join