It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel as if I am on a whole new journey.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Hello everyone,
My name is John from Los Angeles. I am hoping to learn and find out the truth.
This site seems very intriguing and full of educated minds. I wish to put in work to pursue the truth and please excuse my English skills as it is my second language.
Believe me... English is hard language to learn =)

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
your at the right place, learn to filter out the bs quickly, and follow the truth, you'd be surprised the weird places the forums take you!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hi John. Welcome to ATS.

I hope you enjoy this place as much as I do.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 8thwonder

don't feel english was hard to learn really. The best way to advance your english is by watching tv shows really since the way they speak in american tv shows is a very clean version where words are more clear and it enhances the writing capability too.

another tip is to watch movies with english subtitle's . Then your mind combines words to different images it relates too. wich makes it stick in your memory

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lost artistic

Thanks for you advice. Althought that is exactly what I've done and I do agree, It helps. But still... It is HARD... I have no problem communicating with people and state what is on my mind in writing, but I am far from mastering it..

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hi:
Welcome. Firstly, regarding English, it is hard to learn, especially since the spelling is often so different from the pronounciation. Coming from SA, what I found confusing was the difference between standard and US English, and nowadys most essays must state if you are using an American spell-checker for essays. So we have "colour"; they have "color"; we have "grey", they have "gray". But hey, they say the best learning is immersion, so welcome, and by the way, your English is better than most, even native writers!

new topics

top topics

join