It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if The "Big Bang" was 2 planet that collided?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hey..... What if the big bang was actually 2 planet that collided at one point in the past history? Which might have brought all sorts of life onto planet earth???

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
um...i think you are mistaken about what happened with the big bang.

it wasnt a random explosion somewhere in the universe. it was more like the rapid expansion of all matter.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
There are too many planets out there in my opinion.

Something like five hundred billion stars in our galaxy for instance. Probably hundreds of billions of galaxies out there all are doing their own thing. In each galaxy there must be something like several trillion planets (give or take one or two).

What are the chances that planets are continuously colliding with each other somewhere out there? All I can do is guess but I think there are planetary collisions taking place all the time with no massive burst of energy and matter.

If a big bang on the scale that took place fourteen billion years ago from either one of those planetary collisions anywhere in the universe could be a possibility we would be in for a serious light show all the time and each one would ruin your day real quick.

If a planet could cause a big bang and that collisions took place on the other side of the universe then it would probably take fourteen billion years for that energy to ruin our day but still, I does not seem likely that a planet to planet collision could spark off a big bang.

I respectfully doubt your big bang theory.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Awarenessiskey

Actually one of the leading theories on the origins of the Big Bang is something in M-Theory called "Clashing Branes". In that scenario we have two highly energetic, multidimensional branes colliding in hyperspace, the result of the collision is our Universe. That is the leading theory, that and another one, which I won't go into because it is irrelevant to this thread. So in essence you could say if you analogize your question then yea, it happened something like that, just not with planets. There is no way two planets could collide and create something the size of the Universe (which would have to exist for the planets to collide in the first place). So technically it is not possible, but it could be put into a lose analogy.

new topics

top topics

join